HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART IV)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2012, 06:05 PM
  #1
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,036
vCash: 500
Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART IV)

Continue here.

__________________
New York RKY is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
  #2
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
If Howson is looking for the forward equivalent of McDonagh, hes going to be looking for a long time, because we dont have it.

If the Rangers had that, they wouldnt be kicking the tires on Nash to begin with

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
  #3
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,554
vCash: 500
mcd is a better defender than nash is forward. if we trade mcd it should be for nash and johanssen

Dactyl is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:07 PM
  #4
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
If Howson is looking for the forward equivalent of McDonagh, hes going to be looking for a long time, because we dont have it.
If the Rangers had that, they wouldnt be kicking the tires on Nash to begin with
You're right, we already traded Scott Gomez away.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:08 PM
  #5
CH2
Registered User
 
CH2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
It's become abundantly clear that of the teams on his list, the Rangers are the only team to (consistently) be a point of discussion. I have a feeling that Howson is desperate for another team because he knows Sather isn't going to give in.

CH2 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:08 PM
  #6
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,536
vCash: 500
Russo is saying Parise can still make a decision tonight.

GWOW is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:08 PM
  #7
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
If Howson is looking for the forward equivalent of McDonagh, hes going to be looking for a long time, because we dont have it.

If the Rangers had that, they wouldnt be kicking the tires on Nash to begin with
Maybe if you count Stepan+Kreider being equal to the forward version of McD, then we sort of do. Although I don't even think that does it.

However, if Sather, god forbid, offered McD for Nash, Howson would be an idiotic fool not to do it.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:09 PM
  #8
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,377
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Parise could still make a decision tonight. (E4)

"That's what is being reported by multiple sources at this hour..."Just when i get out, they pull me back in!""
- Eklund
take it for what it is worth...who knows lol

Maineice11 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:10 PM
  #9
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
It's become abundantly clear that of the teams on his list, the Rangers are the only team to (consistently) be a point of discussion. I have a feeling that Howson is desperate for another team because he knows Sather isn't going to give in.
I don't think anyone is going to give in. Philly isn't giving up Schenn or Couturier, and San Jose isn't giving up Logan Couture.

Stugots is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:11 PM
  #10
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
However, if Sather, god forbid, offered McD for Nash, Howson would be an idiotic fool not to do it.
typical howson response would be either:

1) add kreider.

2) we are hearing some very good offers from carolina and ottawa but we are not close to a deal yeat.

Dactyl is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:11 PM
  #11
Doyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
I'm not sure the comparisons between Portzline and Brooks are really apt.

Portzline is the beat writer for the city's only publication.
Said publication owns either a 5 or 10% share in the Blue Jackets.

What ambition does Portzline have to do anything but help Scott Howson leverage this trade? Has he ever really taken a shot at the BJ's management group -- something rumored by former players, and essentially the rest of the league to be a joke. He's on their side, and manufacturing a market. And thankfully, nobody buys it...

But, on the other hand, his writing isn't that terrible; when you look past the propaganda.

Doyle is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:12 PM
  #12
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I don't think anyone is going to give in. Philly isn't giving up Schenn or Couturier, and San Jose isn't giving up Logan Couture.
philly isnt on the list and howson has already pissed off SJ to the point where they havent talked in a while

Dactyl is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:13 PM
  #13
bouds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Just go all in on Semin, 3 or 4 year deal with a lower cap hit than Nash. Won't give up any assets for him, still have a good group developing at the lower levels. **** Nash and his circus, let him rot in Columbus.

bouds is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:14 PM
  #14
CH2
Registered User
 
CH2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I don't think anyone is going to give in. Philly isn't giving up Schenn or Couturier, and San Jose isn't giving up Logan Couture.
Exactly, I mean, of the teams on Nash's trade list, I wonder how many would trade anyone with anywhere near that much potential (aka Schenn, Corturier, Couture).

CH2 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:14 PM
  #15
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Maybe if you count Stepan+Kreider being equal to the forward version of McD, then we sort of do. Although I don't even think that does it.

However, if Sather, god forbid, offered McD for Nash, Howson would be an idiotic fool not to do it.
Those 3 guys (McDonagh, Kreider, Stepan) should be off-limits from the get-go. I think they have been since the trade deadline and thats why Howson keeps trying to stir things up.

Im sure Sather has explained to him time and time again that handing over Nash's stupid contract is going to bring his value down - and hes not willing to give up a key young roster piece for the right to take on a career 30/30 player who comes with a $7.8M cap hit for the next 6 years.

If youre going to trade Nash, Dubinsky is the main roster piece coming back. Thats all there it to it.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:15 PM
  #16
CH2
Registered User
 
CH2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouds View Post
Just go all in on Semin, 3 or 4 year deal with a lower cap hit than Nash. Won't give up any assets for him, still have a good group developing at the lower levels. **** Nash and his circus, let him rot in Columbus.
In this market, a Parise sweepstakes loser will pay Semin for longer.

CH2 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
  #17
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
take it for what it is worth...who knows lol
"Parise could still make a decision tonight"

He also could have a nice dinner, and he could go to sleep.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
  #18
bouds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
In this market, a Parise sweepstakes loser will pay Semin for longer.
It's a **** class, who would've thought Semin would cash in big two months ago. Desperation everywhere.

bouds is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:19 PM
  #19
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
I'm not sure the comparisons between Portzline and Brooks are really apt.

Portzline is the beat writer for the city's only publication.
Said publication owns either a 5 or 10% share in the Blue Jackets.

What ambition does Portzline have to do anything but help Scott Howson leverage this trade? Has he ever really taken a shot at the BJ's management group -- something rumored by former players, and essentially the rest of the league to be a joke. He's on their side, and manufacturing a market. And thankfully, nobody buys it...

But, on the other hand, his writing isn't that terrible; when you look past the propaganda.
Good points.

Is easy to bash on a message board, but lets remember these guys (Portzline and Howson) have a job to try to keep.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:19 PM
  #20
we want the cup 94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Bronx
Country: United States
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Maybe Nash just wants to be a Ranger . Maybe his list is all of ONE TEAM.. Something tells me its only us and thats why GM little pecker is asking for the moon .. He is accepting every other off hoping Nash gets tired of waiting on the Rangers to up the offer he bites and goes somewhere eles ....

we want the cup 94 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:19 PM
  #21
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
take it for what it is worth...who knows lol
Russo works for the Star-Trib and he reported the same.

GWOW is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:22 PM
  #22
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,500
vCash: 500
I really think the sky is the limit for McDonagh. From 9 to 32 points from year 1 to year 2. You can just see his confidence growing and he is a stud shutdown d-man already. Nash does not get McDonagh on his own.

Howson is dreaming when he talks about him.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:22 PM
  #23
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,536
vCash: 500
No decision from Suter tonight either....his agent said "no timetable"

GWOW is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:24 PM
  #24
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,536
vCash: 500
Nash having an NTC is killing Howson. The best part is that he's the one who gave it to him. Howson is talking to every team interested. Too bad that means ugatz to Nash.

Gotta love the way Nash is handling this -- mouth shut. Lips sealed. Still acting like a Captain of the BJ's.

He has every right to turn this into a circus, moreso than any UFA out there.

GWOW is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
  #25
RangerBlues
Registered User
 
RangerBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BRONX NYC
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouds View Post
Just go all in on Semin, 3 or 4 year deal with a lower cap hit than Nash. Won't give up any assets for him, still have a good group developing at the lower levels. **** Nash and his circus, let him rot in Columbus.
BINGO! Best post of the day!
Howson is a clown and should have been canned three years ago.
Nash aint worth the contract.

Ryan should be the target.

RangerBlues is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.