HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[PHI/CBJ] Bobrovsky to CBJ for #45 and #117 picks (2012) and PHX 4th Rounder (2013)

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Crisp Breakout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Take out the 45th and that would've been fair.

Why are people saying the 45th is being traded now though?
Let's give a little bit of perspective to these picks - at least in the CBJ hands.

Here's a list of CBJ 4th round draft picks who have seen NHL ice: David Savard, Jared Boll, Phillippe Dupuis. Yep, a total of 3.

Here's a list of CBJ 2nd round draft picks who have seen NHL ice: Tim Jackman, Joakim Lindstrom, Dan Fritsche, Adam Pineault, Adam McQuaid, Cody Goloubef.

Mind you, those are the highlights. Philly might do something with those picks, but let's be real here... the Jackets should be delighted to get an NHL player with those 3 picks. I'd be interested in someone doing the statistics on finding an NHL quality player with one 2nd and two 4ths.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:35 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Welcome to Philly Hovinen! Make us proud!

Good luck Bob! I'll miss you!

Old
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Could have gone after Martin Biron (much better than Bob) for a few scheckles more.
A rebuilding team has no business handing out assets for a soon to be 35 year old goaltender.

Old
NitHeel
Kimmo Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
This is a great pickup for the Jackets...

He was terrific in his first year, impressive when you consider he came to the Flyers training camp and didn't speak English or understand the culture. He put 100% into everything he did, including taking English lessons. He is a good kid, very talented and very likable (everybody on the team loved Bob) and has an insane work ethic.

The Flyers (typcial of them) gave up on him too soon, one year is not enough , not nearly enough for a young goalie to develop (the Kings gave Quick that time grow and learn and look how that worked out)
One reason that his numbers dipped this year is because in addition to Pronger, the Flyers lost their top defensive forwards in Richards, Carter, and to a lesser extent, Powe and Betts.
That showed this year, as only Courtier and Read and Wellwood could defend their space in their own zone. The other forwards are sloppy defensively and it showed.

This kid has all the right tools to be a great goalie, and the right attitude. All he needs is time to grow and learn.

Bryz isn't going anywhere, so where was he going to get this development? That's the point behind the whole thing.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:36 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
It's great that Columbus picked up a goalie who could be a longterm starter but it's honestly a moot point if they don't patch up that defense still.
Well, as smart CBJ fans have noted, the Bugs had an ungodly amount of injuries to their defenseman corp last year. If anything, if they tell Nash to play nice, get the defensemen healthy, and draft a forward, they could be a playoff team.

No, I did mean to type that.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:36 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Take out the 45th and that would've been fair.

Why are people saying the 45th is being traded now though?
because Holmgren has a history of giving away 2nd rounders like candy. If he trades the 2nd I hope its to move up. other then that keep the pick and draft defense, But my money is on Hyka if hes on the board.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:38 PM
CaptBrannigan

Maybe it's because I'm a goalie also, but is anyone else's first thought after a goalie trade "I wonder what their new mask and pads will look like?"?

Old
06-22-2012, 12:38 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
because Holmgren has a history of giving away 2nd rounders like candy. If he trades the 2nd I hope its to move up. other then that keep the pick and draft defense, But my money is on Hyka if hes on the board.

HOLY ****! Keep the pick Homer!

Had almost completely forgotten about Ears.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
The Flyers (typcial of them) gave up on him too soon, one year is not enough , not nearly enough for a young goalie to develop (the Kings gave Quick that time grow and learn and look how that worked out)
Yeah, the Flyers have had a ton of world-class goalies go through their system. If only they had hung onto them longer!

Bobrovsky can be a decent NHL goalie. That's about where it ends.

Old
Koized

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Find one post by a Flyers fan in the last year who thought Bob should be worth more than a 2nd round pick

This is a perfect example of a win/win. Even if Bob never pans out in Columbus, it's well worth the risk. Bobrovsky seems to be extremely underrated by fans-- the kid has talent and he can be a starter in this league with a little more experience. I dont see why anybody should think a 2nd and two late picks is such a horrible deal for that kind of potential...
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...t+young&page=5

Thanks for coming out.

Old
IslesNorway

Good deal for the Jackets! They get a very promising goalie for virtually nothing and should be happy now. After this trade I see them taking Yakupov if EDM takes Murray.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:43 PM
BK201

Wow I'm kinda surprised they didnt go after a guy like bishop. Bob just doesn't seem to be able to be that 1a guy. We will see I guess, But at least bishop projects as a starter were as bob is stuck in a limbo.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:43 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Lounge Hero

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Why did the Flyers get rid of a very promising goalie? He owned the Pens for quite awhile.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:44 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koized View Post
The guy who made that thread isn't even a Flyers fan.

Go home.

Old
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
I like it for the Flyers because they add some picks.

I like it for Colubus because they don't give up a whole lot for a chance to have a potential starter going forward.

Old
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Well, at least something happened, but I still think Philly won this deal

Old
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koized View Post

I said find me one Flyers fan who thought Bob should be worth more than a second round pick.

But nice try though.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

I hope Bob works out for them, I don't see him as the answer though.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Harry Kakalovich

Bobrovsky's value is pretty low right now, and this move gives some insulation to Columbus' goaltending situation. Mason hasn't been good, but maybe he or Bobrovsky will emerge this season as starters. Two potential starters is better than one. Good situation for both with the BJs.

As for Philly, they often do well with picks. The 2nd is this year, which is not such a deep draft by all accounts, but the Flyers need to inject some prospects into the system.

In general I think this is a pretty good trade for both. Columbus tends to give up a lot to get Philly assets, and it hasn't panned out so super good for them so far, but lets hope that Bobrovsky does well for them this time.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:03 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
The Flyers (typcial of them) gave up on him too soon, one year is not enough , not nearly enough for a young goalie to develop (the Kings gave Quick that time grow and learn and look how that worked out)One reason that his numbers dipped this year is because in addition to Pronger, the Flyers lost their top defensive forwards in Richards, Carter, and to a lesser extent, Powe and Betts.
That showed this year, as only Courtier and Read and Wellwood could defend their space in their own zone. The other forwards are sloppy defensively and it showed.

This kid has all the right tools to be a great goalie, and the right attitude. All he needs is time to grow and learn.
Quote:
Bryz isn't going anywhere, so where was he going to get this development? That's the point behind the whole thing.
That's exactly my point, instead of letting Bob grow, learn and develop like a team should do, they gave up on him after his rookie year and got the 51 million dollar mistake in goal. Bryz made 15 million last year when you count his bonus money.
He's done nothing to merit that, and look how good the Yotes were without him.

They won't win a Cup with Bryz, and Bob has the potential to develop into a terrific goalie.

Originally Posted by deeshamrock
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, the Flyers have had a ton of world-class goalies go through their system. If only they had hung onto them longer!

Bobrovsky can be a decent NHL goalie. That's about where it ends.
I didn't mean goalies, I meant talented young players. 5 Players from their AHL Phantoms Calder cup championship team in 2005 have now won Stanley Cups with other teams.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Roast View Post
Bobrovsky isn't any good. I'll be stunned if the Blue Jackets give up anything more than a 4th or 5th.

I'll be rooting for Bob in Columbus. Love the kid and have nothing but respect for him. Bob's got loads of talent, just a matter of harnessing it and putting everything together. If he can ever figure out how to play bigger in net, he could really turn into something special.

Old
Chandrashekhar Limit
Manchistah Yernited

vCash: 283
Good move for both teams.

Old
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Good for CBJ.

Old
Crede777
Deputized

Insulation is a very good word, Harry.

Before this Columbus had 2 goaltenders -- York and Mason. Adding Bob is a good move especially considering those picks likely would have been non-factors for the Jackets.

They had better not be done on the goalie front, though.

Old
VinnyC
trust in linden CREW

I've never been quite sold on Bob, I feel he's all athletecism but not much hockey talent to go along with that. He's still young though so there's plenty of time for him... and Mason to get better.

Closed Thread