HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[PHI/CBJ] Bobrovsky to CBJ for #45 and #117 picks (2012) and PHX 4th Rounder (2013)

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 04:35 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

vCash: 500
Philly with a second rounder? They trade it tonight. They NEVER keep those picks.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard VI View Post
Philly with a second rounder? They trade it tonight. They NEVER keep those picks.
Your being generous. It's probably been traded already

Old
06-22-2012, 04:36 PM
nhlfan9191

Bob is going to get lit up like Mason. This is the kind of deal that will get Howson canned.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:40 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsJacob8 View Post
Steve Mason has only 2 years of a winning record while Bobrvosky has 2 years. If anyone thinks that he is bad then they gotta lay of the crack. He is 23 with a 42 23 10 record, 2.73 GAA and .909%
Thank you for bringing some sanity to this thread ! BOB is a winner,and has not even begun to hit his stride yet in my opinion.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Finally a trade. This is exciting. From what Howson said, the Jackets will go into camp and preseason without a starter named and Bobrovsky and Mason will battle it out. It could be good for both of them; they're both young goalies who have had their struggles at times.

I love the trade for the Flyers, not that I don't like it for the Jackets, but I think the Flyers got a great return for a guy who was only going to be a backup behind Bryzgalov for years to come anyway. Bob is going to have a lot more opportunity to play now in Columbus that he wasn't going to get in Philly, potentially earning the starting job over Mason. However, you have to take the team he was on when he was a Flyer into regard; the Flyers were a good team with defensemen like Kimmo Timonen and Chris Pronger in front of him with the likes of defensively responsible star forwards like Claude Giroux, Mike Richards, and Jeff Carter. It's going to be a lot different in Columbus, barring any surprise acquisitions. The Jackets have struggled as a team defensively for quite some time, although seem to be getting better. Bob will have his work cut out for him but he definitely has the potential to be a really good goalie in this league. We'll see if he succeeds. If so, he'll be worth the picks he was traded for.

Once again, Philly will be looking for a goalie this summer. That seems to be a yearly trend, so I'm not surprised.

Old
06-22-2012, 05:17 PM
rainrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
Lol what? He's actually a pretty talented goaltender. I just don't think he was given a fair chance to be the starter in Philly.
Yeah man. The Flyers players rave about Bobrovsky in practice.

Philadelphia for whatever reason is a place where goaltenders go to die and Bobrovsky was another who got jerked around and let down by a shaky defense.

Bob has tremendous potential imo.Philadelphia just isnt the place for a young talented goaltender learning the ropes.

Old
06-22-2012, 05:30 PM
JS19
Four Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Bob is going to get lit up like Mason. This is the kind of deal that will get Howson canned.
trading for a goaltender that they need...will get Howson canned?

Old
06-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Garbage Goal

This trade is being underrated for the Columbus side. They desperately needed a starter and a young one with potential at that. Bobrovsky fits that mold even though he's not an established starter. However, he does have a season as a starter under his belt after only two seasons and at the age of 23. Bobrovsky is one of the most athletic goalies in the league and has a work ethic that rivals it from what Flyers fans have heard. He just lacks the technical aspect of it all. Something a good goalie coach and experience should help teach.

Good deal for both sides I think.

Old
06-22-2012, 05:32 PM
KeslerKrony
Nucks STH

TSN keeps putting on the TV that its the 2013 "3th round pick"..... Cmon guys.

Old
06-22-2012, 05:48 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Am I crazy for thinking that Columbus overpaid?

Old
06-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Am I crazy for thinking that Columbus overpaid?
Not really, however two fourth round picks isn't exactly a big deal.

I know there are those who will say that Bob didn't even deserve a mid second, but based on his record and from what I've seen from him I'd say otherwise. Especially considering that Columbus really needed a goalie like him.

Old
06-22-2012, 05:56 PM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

Columbus is by far the worst franchise in the sport in last three or four years.

Old
06-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Anisimovs AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
It's like he's trying to bomb that team before he gets fired.
no, he's just that bad. Trust me

Old
06-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Anisimovs AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
The internet toughness is an amazing thing.
Rudeness isnt toughness.

Old
06-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Anisimovs AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanson View Post
Columbus is by far the worst franchise in the sport in last three or four years.
Not really, the Oilers and Islanders do exist.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:20 PM
DeViLzzz*

Columbus really is this stupid ? Seriously wth were they thinking here ?

Old
06-23-2012, 12:02 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLzzz View Post
Columbus really is this stupid ? Seriously wth were they thinking here ?
That they needed a young goaltender who wasn't as expensive as Bernier or Schneider that has upside. Seriously, has anybody here ever looked at the Jackets record with second round picks? It isn't pretty. The Blue Jackets give up a bit of potential that most likely would never be realized for the opportunity to have a goalie that can let in a goal without curling up into the fetal position and letting in a bunch more right after. I do not see how this trade is awful for Columbus. It may not pan out in the end, but the risk is more than worth it.

As for the people who go on and on about how the Blue Jackets have been the worst franchise in the NHL, last time I checked this is the first time the Jackets have finished in last place in the NHL. The team has been varying degrees of mediocre to bad a lot, that's pretty hard to deny. But to say that they have consistently been the worst in the league is wholly inaccurate.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Sportsfan1

You don't go to Philly for goaltending help, Howson is a freakin' i****! Poor Columbus.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:36 AM
luongo321

vCash: 50
I guarantee Bobrovsky will get eaten alive in that division.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Puckgenius*

boB gets flipped to LA plus 3rd and methot for bernier

Old
06-23-2012, 01:10 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Finally a trade....

Once again, Philly will be looking for a goalie this summer. That seems to be a yearly trend, so I'm not surprised.
They're looking for a back up goalie. What team doesn't have to look to sign a back up every couple of years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
That they needed a young goaltender who wasn't as expensive as Bernier or Schneider that has upside. Seriously, has anybody here ever looked at the Jackets record with second round picks? It isn't pretty. The Blue Jackets give up a bit of potential that most likely would never be realized for the opportunity to have a goalie that can let in a goal without curling up into the fetal position and letting in a bunch more right after. I do not see how this trade is awful for Columbus. It may not pan out in the end, but the risk is more than worth it.

As for the people who go on and on about how the Blue Jackets have been the worst franchise in the NHL, last time I checked this is the first time the Jackets have finished in last place in the NHL. The team has been varying degrees of mediocre to bad a lot, that's pretty hard to deny. But to say that they have consistently been the worst in the league is wholly inaccurate.
You're right on that count about Bobrovsky. Everyone who plays with him harps on his work ethic and steely, even demeanor.

I think the people who say that about Columbus are saying it with the thought in mind that they've been struggling chronically with little sign of prolonged improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
I guarantee Bobrovsky will get eaten alive in that division.
If he gets time to play he'll do as well as any of the other goalies outside of the top ten in the NHL will do (not so well). I don't think it'll be a big issue. Bobrovsky is not a mentally fragile guy.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:29 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't the 2nd (#45) really the only thing of value going to Philly? The 4th rounders are basically Monopoly money.

And yes, I guess you could say Columbus overpaid slightly, but they had to given what happened with Vokoun, Harding, and Lindback. The market is running out.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:33 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Columbus is trying to improve by trading for a goalie who played pretty well in Philadelphia with picks in a draft that isn't very deep. What the hell are they thinking?!?!

Some people...

Old
06-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Left Circle OneTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Columbus is trying to improve by trading for a goalie who played pretty well in Philadelphia with picks in a draft that isn't very deep. What the hell are they thinking?!?!

Some people...
Exactly. I felt like we got fleeced when this was announced.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:07 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

When I heard about the trade I thought it sounded like a good move for CBJ. The guy is young and the way he played when first brought in by the flyers has shown that he has serious potential to be a top goalie. I am surprised by all the negativity around the trade.

Closed Thread