HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XIV - A Lu for a Steal (Mod Warning In OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2012, 03:16 PM
  #876
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McCracken View Post
Yeah, he's done a great job with the core the Nonis/Burke regime left him despite the fact he almost lost the Sedins with that ridiculous Sundin offer.
He never almost lost the Sedin's. Seriously, get your facts straight. I cannot wait for this to be over.

rune74 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:19 PM
  #877
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
All Tallon said is that he has talked to the Vancouver Canucks about goaltending. He could have been talking about acquiring Cory Schneider... and that would align with what the beat writer said about the Panthers not speaking to Vancouver about Roberto Luongo.
That makes no sense at all. It would take a huge package to land schneider and Tallon is committed to building through the draft. Why part with all those assets when Markstrom will be ready soon and they can just wait and see how he does? Goaltending is not a position of need. Luongo would be a good temporary solution until Markstrom is ready to take the reigns, Luongo want to go back to Florida. Plus, if it were Schneider Tallon was talking to gillis about, I'd have to think there would be at least one top prospect coming back, that would be obvious. It would make no sense for Tallon to be stubborn about trading a top prospect for Schneider.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:23 PM
  #878
Tim McCracken
Good loser = LOSER!
 
Tim McCracken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jail
Posts: 729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
He never almost lost the Sedin's. Seriously, get your facts straight. I cannot wait for this to be over.
If Sundin takes him up on that 2 year $10 mil per offer there's no way they can afford resigning the Sedins.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/VAN?year=2009
http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/VAN?year=2010

Tim McCracken is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:25 PM
  #879
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McCracken View Post
If Sundin takes him up on that 2 year $10 mil per offer there's no way they can afford resigning the Sedins.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/VAN?year=2009
http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/VAN?year=2010
They were never close trust me....we were close when your GM tried to tamper with them...but not really.

rune74 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:29 PM
  #880
Tim McCracken
Good loser = LOSER!
 
Tim McCracken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jail
Posts: 729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
They were never close trust me....we were close when your GM tried to tamper with them...but not really.
Do some homework. I've been a Canucks fan since they entered the league and yes, they were very close. If Sundin signs for $10 mil a season they don't have the cap space. Can you even do the math based on the links?

Tim McCracken is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:34 PM
  #881
AlmightyPO
Registered User
 
AlmightyPO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
They were never close trust me....we were close when your GM tried to tamper with them...but not really.
You mean when Ron Wilson suggested on the radio we may try to sign them if they make it to FA? That tampering charge was a joke.

AlmightyPO is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:35 PM
  #882
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McCracken View Post
Do some homework. I've been a Canucks fan since they entered the league and yes, they were very close. If Sundin signs for $10 mil a season they don't have the cap space. Can you even do the math based on the links?
Link a news sourse that stated this a possibility? He would have moved other assets to make it work. Sundin signed a 1 year instead of 2. Many of the players said they learned a lot off him in his time here.

Needless to say your weird hate of Gillis has nothing to do with all this.

rune74 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:36 PM
  #883
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyPO View Post
You mean when Ron Wilson suggested on the radio we may try to sign them if they make it to FA? That tampering charge was a joke.
Did you forget a little trip to sweeden? it wasn't just what ron said,

rune74 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:36 PM
  #884
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McCracken View Post
Do some homework. I've been a Canucks fan since they entered the league and yes, they were very close. If Sundin signs for $10 mil a season they don't have the cap space. Can you even do the math based on the links?
Tbh, the Sedins' re-signing and the Sundin offer were never linked in the local media. Basically, you're making ***** up. If he was signed maybe GMMG had a plan in place to move salary etc. Who knows.

What I do know is that your attempt to flame GMMG is based on straw-mans and really has nothing to do with this thread other than you trying to make Nonis/Burke sound like they made the Canucks.

CommonMeans* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:41 PM
  #885
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Tbh, the Sedins' re-signing and the Sundin offer were never linked in the local media. Basically, you're making ***** up. If he was signed maybe GMMG had a plan in place to move salary etc. Who knows.
.. Do the math .. That is a **** ton of cap to just move ...

FireEverybody* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:42 PM
  #886
AlmightyPO
Registered User
 
AlmightyPO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Did you forget a little trip to sweeden? it wasn't just what ron said,
You mean when Burke went to sign Gustavsson? Ya what about it? Is every GM in the USA tampering right now since Parise happens to be there? That tampering charge was such a joke, and it just fuels a fire between the teams that has no need to even be there.

AlmightyPO is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:42 PM
  #887
Skead
Registered User
 
Skead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
All Tallon said is that he has talked to the Vancouver Canucks about goaltending. He could have been talking about acquiring Cory Schneider... and that would align with what the beat writer said about the Panthers not speaking to Vancouver about Roberto Luongo.
I'd imagine they'd ask in the same conversation...

Talon: "Is Schne- "
Gillis: "No."
Talon: "Oh, well what do you want for Luongo?"

a 2 sentence call about both goalies.

Skead is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:44 PM
  #888
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyPO View Post
You mean when Burke went to sign Gustavsson? Ya what about it? Is every GM in the USA tampering right now since Parise happens to be there? That tampering charge was such a joke, and it just fuels a fire between the teams that has no need to even be there.
Strange, the league agreed that it was tampering....but it's obviously false.

Oh well it's off topic so I'll let it go.

rune74 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:45 PM
  #889
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEverybody View Post
.. Do the math .. That is a **** ton of cap to just move ...
Do the math? How about you introduce yourself to the concept of logic. IT DOES NOT FOLLOW that the signing of Sundin meant the departure of the twins. That is a massive assumption.

Is your whole fanbase like this? Honestly...

CommonMeans* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:46 PM
  #890
John Bender*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyPO View Post
You mean when Ron Wilson suggested on the radio we may try to sign them if they make it to FA? That tampering charge was a joke.
Its the very definition of tampering actually......

John Bender* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:46 PM
  #891
Tim McCracken
Good loser = LOSER!
 
Tim McCracken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jail
Posts: 729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Link a news sourse that stated this a possibility? He would have moved other assets to make it work. Sundin signed a 1 year instead of 2. Many of the players said they learned a lot off him in his time here.

Needless to say your weird hate of Gillis has nothing to do with all this.
News source that states what was a possibility? The Sundin offer? That's ridiculously well documented. Not being able to afford the Sedins? DO THE MATH! He actually signed a partial year, prorated contract. Sure some players said they learned a lot from him just as others previously said about Messier and his time here but that's irrelevant. They would have had to move significant assets and being a Canucks fan, I'm sure you remember Gillis' initial presser when he said "I don't know if they [the Sedins] are players the team will be built around moving forward". He then offered Sundin that ridiculous contract.

And it's not a weird hate for Gillis, I just believe Gillis and Burke are by far the two most overrated GMs in the NHL and you are only substantiating my view..

Tim McCracken is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:48 PM
  #892
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Here's a typical argument posed in this thread:

GMMG is a bad general manager. Why you ask? Because if he signed Sundin he wouldn't have re-signed the Sedins. Why wouldn't he have re-signed the Sedins? 'Cause he's a bad general manager.

CommonMeans* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:48 PM
  #893
John Bender*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Did you forget a little trip to sweeden? it wasn't just what ron said,
What Ron said is tampering. Not sure whats so hard to understand about that.

John Bender* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:50 PM
  #894
John Bender*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Here's a typical argument posed in this thread:

GMMG is a bad general manager. Why you ask? Because if he signed Sundin he wouldn't have re-signed the Sedins. Why wouldn't he have re-signed the Sedins? 'Cause he's a bad general manager.
MG has been ok as GM of the Canucks. He has taken some chances, some have worked out, others have not - but at least he takes chances rather than going for low potential scrubs like Nonis did.

John Bender* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:51 PM
  #895
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGiant View Post
MG has been ok as GM of the Canucks. He has taken some chances, some have worked out, others have not - but at least he takes chances rather than going for low potential scrubs like Nonis did.
Well I guess one could say Nonis is still doing that. I don't miss him at all.

rune74 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:54 PM
  #896
Tim McCracken
Good loser = LOSER!
 
Tim McCracken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jail
Posts: 729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Tbh, the Sedins' re-signing and the Sundin offer were never linked in the local media. Basically, you're making ***** up. If he was signed maybe GMMG had a plan in place to move salary etc. Who knows.

What I do know is that your attempt to flame GMMG is based on straw-mans and really has nothing to do with this thread other than you trying to make Nonis/Burke sound like they made the Canucks.
No, Gillis came out swinging his dick and it almost cost them their franchise players. See my earlier post.

Gillis inherited the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Raymond, Hansen, Salo, Edler, Bieksa, Luongo, and Schneider from the Nonis/Burke regime. Other than Hamhuis, who clearly wanted to play for the Canucks regardless of who was running the team, what significant component has he added?

But you are correct, it doesn't have much to do with this thread other than he's losing this particular poker game.

Tim McCracken is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:56 PM
  #897
Tim McCracken
Good loser = LOSER!
 
Tim McCracken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jail
Posts: 729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Here's a typical argument posed in this thread:

GMMG is a bad general manager. Why you ask? Because if he signed Sundin he wouldn't have re-signed the Sedins. Why wouldn't he have re-signed the Sedins? 'Cause he's a bad general manager.
I said overrated not bad. Scott Howson is bad.

Tim McCracken is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:57 PM
  #898
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McCracken View Post
No, Gillis came out swinging his dick and it almost cost them their franchise players. See my earlier post.

Gillis inherited the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Raymond, Hansen, Salo, Edler, Bieksa, Luongo, and Schneider from the Nonis/Burke regime. Other than Hamhuis, who clearly wanted to play for the Canucks regardless of who was running the team, what significant component has he added?

But you are correct, it doesn't have much to do with this thread other than he's losing this particular poker game.
Somehow you forget BB's massive overpayment for Kessel, yet drag up the Sundin offer?

Hypocritical to say the least. Every GM in the league has a past which could be used to infer that they are going to lose "the poker game".

Keep reaching though, it's fun.

CommonMeans* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:01 PM
  #899
AlmightyPO
Registered User
 
AlmightyPO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Strange, the league agreed that it was tampering....but it's obviously false.

Oh well it's off topic so I'll let it go.
The league agreed the Wilson comment was tampering, not the trip to Sweden.

I agree about it being off topic so I will not discuss it after this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGiant View Post
Its the very definition of tampering actually......
I understand that and that is why Wilson was fined, but the tampering was never over that trip to Sweden.

But as far as tampering goes it wasn't that big a deal, in the sense we weren't trying to talk about contract details etc. It was simply a slip up of our coach when talking about our plans in FA on the radio, so in public. An honest mistake, and he was fined accordingly. Hard to argue that is was a sneaky or dirty play by the Leafs, which the post that brought up this topic insinuated.

Either way I think it has helped form an unneeded rivalry between the two teams. Aside from the beating the Canucks hand the Leafs every year it is hard to see how there could even be a rivalry if it wasn't for such trivial things. As a result it could mean Gillis expects a larger return for Luongo if he goes to the Leafs, which to me is pretty baseless.

AlmightyPO is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 04:01 PM
  #900
Diamonddog01
Registered User
 
Diamonddog01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McCracken View Post
You forgot "actually take a look at other team's needs and whether a Luongo and his contract are even a fit". Tallon wouldn't even consider it unless it was a gift. Do think he wants to have Luongo's contract on the bench in what could be a couple years? They need a goalie to bridge a bit of time and not an albatross unless it's for next to nothing. Not a fit. San Jose? Are you sure all of Gillis' conversations are about Luongo? Didn't he say he spoke to other teams about their pick when interviewed after selecting Gaunce? Unless Canucks take a Havlat type dump it's not a fit either anyway.
No, I haven't. I've actually heard, several times, that Florida is interested and that Tallon contacted Vancouver. So you can sit there and pretend to understand the Panthers organization, and their needs, but it's all just your imagination. Not sure why Leafs fans seem to think they have some sort of authority to speak on behalf of the Panthers - but you don't.

Several sources have reported Tallon is interested. That's a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McCracken View Post
The Leafs are the only legitimate, logical choice and the window on decent returns is closing fast. If Gillis had his act together he would have had Henning waltz over to Burkie first thing this morning and offered the rest of the Canucks picks today just to up the ante. It would have been better than what Gillis did with them.
Says you. Others, such as Bob McKenzie, Pierre LeBrun and Darren Dreger say it's Toronto, Florida and possibly others.

I'll trust guys like Bob McKenzie over a random poster on HF Boards, thanks.

Diamonddog01 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.