HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XIV - A Lu for a Steal (Mod Warning In OP)

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 02:58 PM
rune74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Sure...but who paid?? That would tell us alot.
Hah, Burke is cheap so I bet it was gillis hahaha. Seriously though, for two guys who don't like each other to sit down together...could be golden.

Also, didn't burke say he hadn't talked to gillis in awhile?

Old
06-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

[QUOTE=rune74;51260895]Hah, Burke is cheap so I bet it was gillis hahaha. Seriously though, for two guys who don't like each other to sit down together...could be golden.

Also, didn't burke say he hadn't talked to gillis in awhile?[/
QUOTE]

Rude to talk with your mouth full.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:59 PM
7thOverdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
Value-vise: Is it because Lombardi has negative value? If it is that way, then how about just Mac +Colborne?
Nah it's just that we're filled to the brim on left wingers and need a right winger that can play top six, although I do like Macarthur's playmaking ability. Kulemin is the far more attractive option but the Leafs are not likely to part with him.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:00 PM
lush
@jasonlush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
So the next time we start randomly booing one of our Dmen the coach can just lie to him an tell him its the LUUUU chant.
Fans will likely be taken aback, when the chants began in Vancouver I often heard kids and clueless fans muttering things like "Daddy why are they booing him?"

I've only been attending Canucks games regulararly for 10 years now so older fans may disagree with me but Luuuu chants have stood out in a huge way and are easily the best chant we have other than the often non inspirational "Go Canucks Go"

Old
06-22-2012, 03:01 PM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

The fact that there have been 15 threads on Luongo is amusing. He's talented no doubt. There is such a wide net on what he is or is not worth. He may or may not be traded. I would say under 50% on the he is.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
So Lombo,Ashton,2nd?
Why'd you take out Colborne?

IDEALLY Lombo, Ashton, Colborne, 2nd 2012 and protected 1st 2013. Burke might not budge on the 1st though. Connolly over Lombo would probably be preferred as well. I'd love a package around Schenn too, not even because he'd fit well with our team, but that we could make another trade and really address our needs.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Why'd you take out Colborne?

IDEALLY Lombo, Ashton, Colborne, 2nd 2012 and protected 1st 2013. Burke might not budge on the 1st though. Connolly over Lombo would probably be preferred as well. I'd love a package around Schenn too, not even because he'd fit well with our team, but that we could make another trade and really address our needs.
Cause he's a center. We lack those.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:04 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Fiirst off. Markstrom as far as I know has played zero NHL games. I may be wrong on that but I did read that he will spend next year in the NHL. Best case scenario is that he is a legitimate starter in 3 years and you can go half and half with Luongo or deal with the problem of two good goalies then much like Vancouver is now. Worst case scenario is that Markstron doesn't pan out and you have a great goalie for the next 6 years.
Sure there are risks. But they seem pretty manageable.
Or they can re-sign Theodore for a couple years and not block Markstroms progress, not give up any prospects, and still have a former Vesna and Hart trophy winner to mentor him.

I'm not saying the Panthers will have no interest just that they wont pay a high price for him at all.

Old
CommonMeans*

Quote:
You also lack goaltending...

Old
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Who picked up the cheque? That may be a clue to who won the deal.
Dreger said that you have to watch tsn to maybe find out

Old
06-22-2012, 03:05 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Or they can re-sign Theodore for a couple years and not block Markstroms progress, not give up any prospects, and still have a former Vesna and Hart trophy winner to mentor him.

I'm not saying the Panthers will have no interest just that they wont pay a high price for him at all.
You're right except that reports suggest that Markstrom is not a sure thing. This is mostly due to his two knee operations.

Old
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
You also lack goaltending...
The poster listed options, i wasn't cheaping out, just choosing from those options.

Old
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
Fans will likely be taken aback, when the chants began in Vancouver I often heard kids and clueless fans muttering things like "Daddy why are they booing him?"

I've only been attending Canucks games regulararly for 10 years now so older fans may disagree with me but Luuuu chants have stood out in a huge way and are easily the best chant we have other than the often non inspirational "Go Canucks Go"
LOL During the Olympics my mother who normally doesn't watch hockey wanted to know why they were booing him.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Diamonddog01

Quote:

We'll see. 4 suitors means there is at least a bit of a bidding war, and Gillis has stated he's looking for a hockey trade.

Once it actually goes down people's heads are going to explode.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:08 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
We'll see. 4 suitors means there is at least a bit of a bidding war, and Gillis has stated he's looking for a hockey trade.

Haha pretty much.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:08 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
The poster listed options, i wasn't cheaping out, just choosing from those options.
Fair enough. Sorry, just not in the habit of tracing conversations in this thread anymore... :p

Old
06-22-2012, 03:11 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
You're right except that reports suggest that Markstrom is not a sure thing. This is mostly due to his two knee operations.
Nothing is a sure thing. Lu maintaining his level of play for the 7 yeas of his contract he is likely to play isn't a sure thing.
Taking the risk with Theadore and Markstrom costs them nothing. I just don't see them paying I high price to upgrade a position they don't need to upgrade. Those assets and salary can be better used to improve the team in the places they need help.

Last edited by cyris: 06-22-2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: stupid typo
Old
06-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
It finally dawned on me that if Lu is traded to the Leafs then Luuuuu chants will echo through the rafters of ACC from here on out

End of an era if the trade goes down. Canuck fans won't realize what they've lost in Roberto until he's gone I wouldn't imagine
I'm sure this has been discussed in great length between Burke and Gillis.

That's why Luuuuuuuuuke Schenn is coming our way, so we have someone else to boo.
But seriously, I want the kid to get his game back, in Vancouver or Toronto.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:15 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:

LOL yea you can pretty much guarantee the board will crash.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:16 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
N o thing is a sure thing. Lu maintaining his level of play for the 7 yeas of his contract he is likely to play isn't a sure thing.
Taking the risk with Theadore and Markstrom costs them nothing. I just don't see them paying I high price to upgrade a position they don't need to upgrade. Those assets and salary can be better used to improve the team in the places they need help.
Don't need to upgrade? Jose is not even close to the level of goalie Roberto is.

Let me ask you this: what happens if Markstrom blows out his knee again? Grab another goalie, probably. Right now there happens to be one available who is a significant upgrade over Jose. He makes the team better and offers insurance.

It's a win/win as far as I'm concerned.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:18 PM
vanwest

Quote:

I'd agree. Toronto should be really pushing now. I'd see Florida as having pretty high interest too. With all of the great young prospects they have coming up Luongo could really push that team into a possible contender. Markstrom's injury concerns would make acquiring Luongo a pretty good move. An interesting few days.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:19 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
If we draft a center at 5 Colbourne becomes pretty expendable imo.

He isnt a first line center and Grabo is locked into the #2 spot for 5 years.

Colboure would be behind the new guy and Kadri who I think the Leafs still want to move back into the middle at some point.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:20 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Quote:
Leafs are perrenially worst in goals against.

Not usually that bad in goals for.

Fixing the goaltending is the bigger priority.

Fixing the 1C issue is the Britney Spears option. Sure, at first glance it may be sexy, but if you spend too much time and money on it, you wind up with a train wreck.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Don't need to upgrade? Jose is not even close to the level of goalie Roberto is.

Let me ask you this: what happens if Markstrom blows out his knee again? Grab another goalie, probably. Right now there happens to be one available who is a significant upgrade over Jose. He makes the team better and offers insurance.

It's a win/win as far as I'm concerned.
The problem is Tallon might not be willing to part with significant assets for contract that they don't really need.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:24 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
If we draft a center at 5 Colbourne becomes pretty expendable imo.

He isnt a first line center and Grabo is locked into the #2 spot for 5 years.

Colboure would be behind the new guy and Kadri who I think the Leafs still want to move back into the middle at some point.
Colborne is someone I am very interested in. Size youth and can help us with our pitiful centre depth

Jensen Colborne Kassian
that's a powerful line for the future

Closed Thread