HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part IX: Howson often gives nuts to toothless people

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Machinehead
Pinot Kreider

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
why cause the Pens replaced Staal with Sutter on their current roster? I fail to see how this makes them better guys? If anything its a good hockey trade and they are about the same for next yr. I do like Sutter as a 3rd line C

They just dealt a good Dman to clear salary..........how about we wait on see how they do in Free Agency or in other moves?

I mean really why do the Rangers panic right now? Talk to the Ducks about Ryan and look to get that deal done. Screw Nash , the asking price is stupid
They cleared up alot of space getting rid of Staal and Michalek. They will sign one of Parise or Suter. If they get Parise, I don't care, but them getting Suter would be the armageddon. I do not wanna see that team with a 30 minute shutdown defender.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Lundsanity30

vCash: 500
Quote:
why cause the Pens replaced Staal with Sutter on their current roster? I fail to see how this makes them better guys? If anything its a good hockey trade and they are about the same for next yr. I do like Sutter as a 3rd line C

They just dealt a good Dman to clear salary..........how about we wait on see how they do in Free Agency or in other moves?

I mean really why do the Rangers panic right now? Talk to the Ducks about Ryan and look to get that deal done. Screw Nash , the asking price is stupid
what makes you think Ryan will be any cheaper than Nash? Thats why I said all things equal, Nash is the better player for us.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:

It extends the amount of time that the Penguins supporting staff will maintain surrounding Malkin and Crosby. Doesn't necessarily make em better today, but it does make em better for the future. Plus, Dumoulin will play on that team next year too. Also, there's something to be said about solidifying the roles of the players in your lineup. They now have a legitimate 3rd line center as opposed to someone that they're not quite sure where he fits.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
what makes you think Ryan will be any cheaper than Nash? Thats why I said all things equal, Nash is the better player for us.
Ryan is cheaper than nash because he doesnt have a 7.8 million cap hit for a **** ton of years.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:31 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Don't think Pitt got much better, personally. Sure, it's a good trade, but I don't think it makes them significantly better to the point where i'm more worried about them today then I was yesterday.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:32 PM
XLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
@reporterchris:
Well I guess I was wrong . Interesting that a budget team like Phoenix would add Michalek's salary when they need forward help.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:34 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

This Ryan/Nash thing could play out very well for us. As long as they are BOTH out there, we could play one against the other to lower asking prices.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Lundsanity30

People need to chill out, I don't see the Pens becoming the Miami Heat of the NHL. They traded Staal because he wouldn't sign, not to clear space. They have to give HUGE deals to Malkin and Crosby coming up and still have enough players to play. They probably made cap space to give it to Crosby and Malkin. Suter? maybe. thought he didn't want to come East? Parise? doubtful.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
They cleared up alot of space getting rid of Staal and Michalek. They will sign one of Parise or Suter. If they get Parise, I don't care, but them getting Suter would be the armageddon. I do not wanna see that team with a 30 minute shutdown defender.
again they cleared 2 million only in the Staal deal, its 4 million out but 2 million in with Sutter........Michalek deal is terrible, yea they clear 4 more million but their D is worse off

Old
06-22-2012, 10:37 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
It didn't go quite the way they had planned. Blue Jackets captain Rick Nash remained in Columbus, with general manager Scott Howson's asking price staying far too high for the Rangers' liking.

Ducks wing Bobby Ryan, perhaps coveted by the Rangers even more than Nash because of his smaller salary and playing style, remained in Anaheim, even though a report had Ryan asking for a trade to the Flyers. That hadn't happened as of late Friday night, though it would certainly sting the Rangers to see another talented forward go to Philly.
Ryan just wants out. He prefers the Flyers but he just wants out of Anaheim.

Quote:
The other Staal brother in the NHL, the Rangers' Marc, would have loved to join forces with Jordan, as well, and Rangers general manager Glen Sather made inquiries with Penguins GM Ray Shero. But a source indicated that the Penguins would not even consider trading Jordan Staal within the division, so the conversation didn't go far.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...deal-1.3800025

Old
06-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
It extends the amount of time that the Penguins supporting staff will maintain surrounding Malkin and Crosby. Doesn't necessarily make em better today, but it does make em better for the future. Plus, Dumoulin will play on that team next year too. Also, there's something to be said about solidifying the roles of the players in your lineup. They now have a legitimate 3rd line center as opposed to someone that they're not quite sure where he fits.
agreed it was a good deal for them, no doubt..........not gonna hand them the Cup cause they made a good trade with Carolina.......they also made a crap deal with Phoenix..............They wont get Suter cause he wants to stay in the West.............maybe they go for Parise but signing a 3rd player to 7 million a yr is not smart

Old
06-22-2012, 10:38 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Pens GM Ray Shero says a "couple" of teams wanted Staal. Called it a "fair deal for both parties." Said the "timing just felt right."
https://twitter.com/ice_chip/status/216373042757120000

The Rangers were on of those teams but Pitt used the Rangers to extract a better deal from Carolina.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:39 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Ryan just wants out. He prefers the Flyers but he just wants out of Anaheim.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...deal-1.3800025

Old
06-22-2012, 10:41 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I can't believe how little Phoenix gave up to get Michalek back. I mean, I get it. The Pens want to clear cap space, they signed him as a free agent, he obviously likes Phoenix, the circumstances all make sense. But damn, that's a solid, if even slightly overpaid right-handed defenseman, a very nice second pairing player, for practically nothing.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:42 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Shero knows Suter from Nashville. He wanted to sign Hamhuis 2 years ago. Shero knew Hamhuis from Nashville too. Hamhuis wanted to play at home for family reasons. Mike Eaves coached Suter at Wisconsin. Eaves said Suter will play in mid-west. Minnesota. Detroit.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Lundsanity30

I still say put Stepan in a deal for Ryan. I have a feeling Dubinsky will bounce back, and we can try him or Anisimov on the 2nd line Center for a while and see how it goes. and make a huge pitch for Schultz.

Ryan-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Dubinsky-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-UFA?
Prust-Boyle-Rupp

Mcdonagh/Girardi
Staal/Del Zotto
Schultz/Stralman?
7th D.

I think thats a championship contending team. and if Dubi or Anisimov don't work out as the 2nd line center, maybe find something at the trading deadline

Old
06-22-2012, 10:44 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
Yandle to Pitt Rumors heating up..Looks like nothing else on Bobby Ryan tonight.. Luongo to Leafs could get done am…parise news tomorrow.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:45 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
I still say put Stepan in a deal for Ryan. I have a feeling Dubinsky will bounce back, and we can try him or Anisimov on the 2nd line Center for a while and see how it goes. and make a huge pitch for Schultz.

Ryan-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Dubinsky-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-UFA?
Prust-Boyle-Rupp

Mcdonagh/Girardi
Staal/Del Zotto
Schultz/Stralman?
7th D.

I think thats a championship contending team. and if Dubi or Anisimov don't work out as the 2nd line center, maybe find something at the trading deadline
Stepan > Dubinsky

Old
06-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

If the flyers get ryan and the penguins get parise or suter...worst freeking case scenario and this offseason will be a mega fail. Im terrfied of that. Esp if that forces sather to do something stupid for mr cap hit.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:46 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
If the Pens somehow get Nash all they need to do is trade for Steven Stills…. #bringbackwarrenyoung (i’ll be here all week)

Old
06-22-2012, 10:47 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
If the flyers get ryan and the penguins get parise or suter...worst freeking case scenario and this offseason will be a mega fail. Im terrfied of that. Esp if that forces sather to do something stupid for mr cap hit.
IF .. big if ... Parise goes to Pitt and Philly lands Ryan ... we may be "LUCKY" to get in as the 7/6 seed.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Stepan > Dubinsky
agreed, but Ryan > stepan and Ryan/Dubinsky >>>>>> Stepan

Old
06-22-2012, 10:50 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
agreed, but Ryan > stepan and Ryan/Dubinsky >>>>>> Stepan
We keep arguing over the same stuff man ... I am not going to see it your way and you will not see it mine lol.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:50 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Everyone crying because the Rangers didn't trade for a big name would be crying even more if we gave up what those teams want for those players.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
IF .. big if ... Parise goes to Pitt and Philly lands Ryan ... we may be "LUCKY" to get in as the 7/6 seed.
Not that big of an IF...ryan wants to go to philly. IM sure philly will send jvr, they are done with him. Pitt has the space for parise, they want that winger. It is 2 real possibilites.

Closed Thread