HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part IX: Howson often gives nuts to toothless people

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I know I'm going to catch heat for it but I cant stand the way those two play the game. Theyre both babies, take dives, cheapshot players. I cant support players like that.
I know. Nothing I hate more than 50 goal, 100 point, MVP seasons. You may not like some of their antics, I know I don't, but to say you wouldn't want either of them for that reason alone is ludicrous. I'd saw off my left hand for Malkin.

06-23-2012, 02:18 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I know. Nothing I hate more than 50 goal, 100 point, MVP seasons. You may not like some of their antics, I know I don't, but to say you wouldn't want either of them for that reason alone is ludicrous. I'd saw off my left hand for Malkin.
I know. I just cant stand them. They rub me the wrong way. If Malkin were to come here id live with it obviously but I just dont like him.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:19 PM
GregSirico

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
I guess it depends on what you mean by "pass on". In a fantasy draft to start your franchise Crosby is still top 3 or 5 at worst on my list. To give up a legit trading package to acquire him, sure think twice about injury history and the risk you take giving that much up. I hope that makes sense.
Exactly my logic ... purely on what the cost would be (money/package back the other way) ... Crosby would not work

Old
06-23-2012, 02:19 PM
GregSirico

Quote:
I know. I just cant stand them. They rub me the wrong way. If Malkin were to come here id live with it obviously but I just dont like him.
Your view is based on the sweater not the player.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:20 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Quote:
What other silly things? I know this is silly but what other ones? haha.

I absolutely understand people will think im crazy but i despise those two. They are scum in my eyes for the way they play the game.
May have been sarcasm on your part but I meant your post yesterday about Howson giving up #2 for Bobrovsky. I know Howson is a horrible GM but that was a bit unrealistic

I don't like whiners and divers either (Callahan took some dips especially in these passed playoffs) but I think you have to be insane to not want Crosby or Malkin. It's always interesting to find people with different oppinions, though

Old
06-23-2012, 02:21 PM
GregSirico

Quote:
May have been sarcasm on your part but I meant your post yesterday about Howson giving up #2 for Bobrovsky. I know Howson is a horrible GM but that was a bit unrealistic

I don't like whiners and divers either (Callahan took some dips especially in these passed playoffs) but I think you have to be insane to not want Crosby or Malkin. It's always interesting to find people with different oppinions, though
His view is purely based on hating the Pens ... which I totally understand lol ... I hate them too ... but if he ever hit FA ... I'd throw a blank check at him.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

So a lot of GM's interested in trading guys this offseason, only problem is they don't want to make hockey deals. They want to be grossly overpaid.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:22 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

Oh haha...yes that was me just taking a shot at howson. And its not because im on the nash bandwagon because im not. Howson is just an idiot.

I absolutely would never take crosby on the rangers. Malkin i could live with.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Lundsanity30

Wow crosby is a baby but Malkin??? No he's a badass who will just take his game to another level of u cheapshot him. He's a pure badass hockey player with elite talent. Malkin is the anti crosby

Old
06-23-2012, 02:27 PM
nsvoyageurs

I think I could find a spot for Malkin with the Rangers! Crosby would be a little dicier with his injury history.

Anyone surprised Dubinsky is still a Ranger?

I hope that being aggressive in free agency doesn't mean doing something stupid like paying a 4th liner 2 million a year, checker/ grinder 9 million a year (Bobby Holik; he was horribly misused).

If some team wants to pay Prust 2.2 m/year, my guess is that GM will be unemployed within 3 years after agreeing to that contract. I don't blame him for wanting that amount, but teams don't have to be stupid enough to give it to him. Respect for him downgraded after that tweet earlier.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:28 PM
GregSirico

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
I think I could find a spot for Malkin with the Rangers! Crosby would be a little dicier with his injury history.

Anyone surprised Dubinsky is still a Ranger?

I hope that being aggressive in free agency doesn't mean doing something stupid like paying a 4th liner 2 million a year, checker/ grinder 9 million a year (Bobby Holik; he was horribly misused).

If some team wants to pay Prust 2.2 m/year, my guess is that GM will be unemployed within 3 years after agreeing to that contract. I don't blame him for wanting that amount, but teams don't have to be stupid enough to give it to him. Respect for him downgraded after that tweet earlier.
I believe we are a lot smarter about this stuff now.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Marc Staal is not going to leave the greatest city in the world to play in the dirty south.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
I believe we are a lot smarter about this stuff now.
Agreed. And IF we are aggressive I think Sather means huge offer to zach and schultz

Old
06-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Richards is a playmaking center. Parise is a two-way, goalscoring winger. They're nothing alike.
Parise is a more than capable center as well and even when he's not the center, if he's playing with a goal scorer, he's more of a playmaker. IMHO if you think there's a large gap in playmaking skill between Parise and Richards, then you're underrating Parise and overrating Richards. I'm not saying Richards doesn't make any pretty passes but a lot of his play is basic and not drop-your-jaw incredible.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Parise is a more than capable center as well and even when he's not the center, if he's playing with a goal scorer, he's more of a playmaker. IMHO if you think there's a large gap in playmaking skill between Parise and Richards, then you're underrating Parise and overrating Richards. I'm not saying Richards doesn't make any pretty passes but a lot of his play is basic and not drop-your-jaw incredible.
The discrepancy in their styles of play really couldn't be bigger. Richards is finesse, clean, and a center who specializes in playmaking.

Parise is a gritty, dirty area, goal scorer who plays on wing.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

We're not obligated to trade Staal. Only way we even possibly might is if Carolina offers up Skinner.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Chief

I still think M. Staal has trade value but let's not forget about his concussion which kept him inactive for almost a full calendar year.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:49 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
“I think we’re going to be fairly aggressive in the free-agent market,” Sather said. “What we really don’t want to do is dismantle the core of our organization. We’ve got a lot of good young kids, and we want to let them grow and develop.”
Quote:
“The organization is still developing,” Sather said. “We still have the opportunity of free agency. We’re going to be as aggressive as possible. As you get up into the top tier of the league, you have to get a little more aggressive in the free-agent market to get better.”
Quote:
“If you don’t have low draft picks in the draft, your other option is to be aggressive in the trade market or free agency,” Sather said. “If you’re going to get into the trading market, you have to give up assets to get something back. In the free-agent market, you’re giving away money more than anything.”
http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...shot&seid=auto

Sather is open to a trade but he isn't dismantling the team for Rick Nash. He spoke to Shero about Jordan but its complicated with the Rangers and Pitt in the same division.

Last edited by RangerBoy: 06-23-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old
06-23-2012, 02:54 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

This BS

Quote:
Just talked to Eric Staal. Lot of excitement in his voice as he talked about Jordan coming to the Canes. ...
Quote:
Eric Staal: "I won't lie. I've wanted to play with him since he broke into the league. He's a great player and a great person."
https://twitter.com/#!/ice_chip

Old
06-23-2012, 02:54 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

The Marc speculation makes me want to punch things

06-23-2012, 02:56 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...shot&seid=auto

Sather is open to a trade but he isn't dismantling the team for Rick Nash.
The free agent crop is so weak that (luckily) Sather can't do a ton on July 1st. He's been generally good with trades and as the Nash situation displayed, he's not going to do something stupid.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Lundsanity30

I would take parise in a heartbeat even at 8m. That's what Nash would cost too

Old
06-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
The Marc speculation makes me want to punch things
Same here. Not gonna judge Marc yet, but if he demands a trade to the team who's captain concussed him......

Old
06-23-2012, 03:03 PM
New Yawk Ranguhs
Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Same here. Not gonna judge Marc yet, but if he demands a trade to the team who's captain concussed him......
Are you serious? It's his brother(s)

Old
06-23-2012, 03:04 PM
CH2

Why are people even talking about Marc being traded? Seriously.

Closed Thread