HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part IX: Howson often gives nuts to toothless people

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2012, 04:16 PM
XLJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Leafs fans will now say Schenn is terrible. I really don't think he is anything special, it will just be fun watching Leafs fans rip him.
Yeah I'm not a fan of his either, but I do remember some leaf fans compairing him to Staal and Girardi .

Old
06-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Blueshirt Believer

I'm curious, how much does JVC have on his contract?

Old
06-23-2012, 04:20 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Honestly, I never thought Pitt would go after Parise, but it kind of seems like a given now and I'm worried that they might have one of the best chances. I don't personally want him here, but I would like it if he went somewhere, like, say, Minnesota

Old
06-23-2012, 04:20 PM
XLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I'm curious, how much does JVC have on his contract?
4.25 per year for 6 more seasons.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:21 PM
nsvoyageurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
I believe we are a lot smarter about this stuff now.
I believe that also, but Sather just might get the urge to do something unwise, especially if Nash, Ryan, and Parise go elsewhere. Hopefully, the other people in the hockey operations department can keep him in check. Outside of those 3, and maybe Ray Whitney, there's not much out there to spend money and/or assets on that would make the team that much better. Maybe Evander Kane, no Patrick Kane, and I'd only consider taking Semin for 1 year, in which I think he'll do better than that. Semin is the one I'd worry about Sather overspending on. Unless someone that no one expects to be available suddenly becomes available, the pickings are slim.

Looks like a decent trade for both Toronto and Philadelphia, Toronto has been trying to trade Schenn for the last 2 years, Van Riemsdyk gives the Leafs some size and scoring ability. Surprised the Flyers gave up JVR for a defencemen who has mostly struggled the last 2 years and whose development has stalled with the Leafs, and that's all they got. I think Toronto got the better end of this one, at least as of now; maybe Schenn can rejuvenate his career with the change of scenery, in which he probably needed.

Last edited by nsvoyageurs: 06-23-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old
06-23-2012, 04:22 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I think the best news out of this is that JVR was one of their big pieces in the Bobby Ryan potential deal.

They want to hang on to B. Schenn so well see maybe the Rangers have an inside track now. Or I'm just being incredibly optimisitic.

06-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Honestly, I never thought Pitt would go after Parise, but it kind of seems like a given now and I'm worried that they might have one of the best chances. I don't personally want him here, but I would like it if he went somewhere, like, say, Minnesota
They are going after Suter first, they could end up going after Parise if they lose out on Suter, but I really believe they will throw the house at him so that he can't refuse.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
They are going after Suter first, they could end up going after Parise if they lose out on Suter, but I really believe they will throw the house at him so that he can't refuse.
I think Suter is going to Detroit. They are going to throw him oogles of money. Suter also wants to stay out west.

Parise, I have no idea.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I think the best news out of this is that JVR was one of their big pieces in the Bobby Ryan potential deal.

They want to hang on to B. Schenn so well see maybe the Rangers have an inside track now. Or I'm just being incredibly optimisitic.
I hope so, Bobby Ryan is exactly what this team needs. I do not want to part with Stepan, but I am willing to part with MDZ and Haglein in a package for starters. You have to give to get and the fact we drafted a d-man to run the PP with a bomb of a shot makes me feel like they are realizing MDZ is the player we will have to move to get a scorer. We will see

Old
06-23-2012, 04:27 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

I like this deal A LOT for Toronto, JVR is going to become a very solid player. I don't know if he will be as good as CK (imho) but he has a lot of potential.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:28 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

With Pitt and Philly both making big moves ... Nash and Ryan suitors just became smaller ... Slats playing the waiting game PERFECTLY.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
I think Suter is going to Detroit. They are going to throw him oogles of money. Suter also wants to stay out west.

Parise, I have no idea.
BB, you aren't wrong, it is going to be between Detroit and Pitt. If he wants to stay out west then Detroit is where he will go, but if he wants to win next year I'd probably go to the Pens to play with Crosby and the MVP of this past season. Just my opinion

Old
06-23-2012, 04:29 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
And I hope they do.

And I hope Crosby asks to get paid more, as well as Malkin the following season.

I can see Shero having 3 players alone cross over $25 million+ or he knows that's just not feasible and has one player walk.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

No, but seriously, I would call Jim Rutherford and say, "Marc Staal for Jeff Skinner and you have a Staal family reunion." Skinner would be incredible

Old
06-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
With Pitt and Philly both making big moves ... Nash and Ryan suitors just became smaller ... Slats playing the waiting game PERFECTLY.
I hope so cause he out waited everyone at deadline and we got nothing, I mean John Scott. We cannot go into this season without a serious upgrade for a top six scoring winger. We are without Gaborik for at least 2 months, I understand he does not want to break up the kids and overpay... but we will not get Parise in UFA so a trade if the best way to improve.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
BB, you aren't wrong, it is going to be between Detroit and Pitt. If he wants to stay out west then Detroit is where he will go, but if he wants to win next year I'd probably go to the Pens to play with Crosby and the MVP of this past season. Just my opinion
I actually think if its any team in the east, Philly will make the biggest push.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:35 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
I hope so, Bobby Ryan is exactly what this team needs. I do not want to part with Stepan, but I am willing to part with MDZ and Haglein in a package for starters. You have to give to get and the fact we drafted a d-man to run the PP with a bomb of a shot makes me feel like they are realizing MDZ is the player we will have to move to get a scorer. We will see
I don't think anyone they drafted this year will have any impact on how we do any trades, if we do any at all.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
I actually think if its any team in the east, Philly will make the biggest push.
The flyers just got Luke and have plenty of NHL caliber d-men, but then they are the Flyers so anything goes. I just see Suter going to the Pens, 2 of the best forwards in the game and a goalie who won a cup... Flyers still have goaltending issues as usual.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:39 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Any news?

Old
06-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I don't think anyone they drafted this year will have any impact on how we do any trades, if we do any at all.
We have to assume Erixon is going to get a chance to make the team this year. His value is at a low while MDZ is the highest it has been in quite some time. Other than Erixon and McIlrath we really have no defensive prospects that will be NHL ready anytime soon. Not saying Skjei will be here anytime soon, but we at least have someone who should be ready to replace MDZ's minutes next season if he is moved (Erixon) and a potential PP QB in 3-4 years.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:41 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Flyers and Penguins are having a great offseason so far... ****. We've done almost nothing thus far.

[/breathe in]

[/breathe out]

Okay, the off season is still young, no reason to panic!

Old
06-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
The flyers just got Luke and have plenty of NHL caliber d-men, but then they are the Flyers so anything goes. I just see Suter going to the Pens, 2 of the best forwards in the game and a goalie who won a cup... Flyers still have goaltending issues as usual.
Schenn is not going to shore up their D by any stretch. It is still mediocre. Flyers still need a top dog. I don't Fleury is an attractive goalie for any possible Dman(granted neither is universe).

Flyers also, arguably, have even a better offense than the Pens.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
We have to assume Erixon is going to get a chance to make the team this year. His value is at a low while MDZ is the highest it has been in quite some time. Other than Erixon and McIlrath we really have no defensive prospects that will be NHL ready anytime soon. Not saying Skjei will be here anytime soon, but we at least have someone who should be ready to replace MDZ's minutes next season if he is moved (Erixon) and a potential PP QB in 3-4 years.
Suter is going to a team in the west.

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Skjei is not, nor is projected to be, a PP QB.

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Flyers and Penguins are having a great offseason so far... ****. We've done almost nothing thus far.

[/breathe in]

[/breathe out]

Okay, the off season is still young, no reason to panic!
Pretty sure a lot of people were saying this last year too.

Closed Thread