HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part IX: Howson often gives nuts to toothless people

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2012, 09:01 PM
  #626
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
It's the rest of the quote that I find terrifying, since it's complete and utter ********.



Funny, Glen, since not being in the top tier of the league never stopped you from being the most aggressive in free agency before, and it's always worked out brilliantly for you, hasn't it?



So what, buffoon? If the players in free agency aren't worth shelling out money for, or aren't good fits for you, then what's wrong with giving up assets if the players you're getting back in a trade make your team better? Just be judicious for once.
what exactly is your problem with this? Our team's GM actually wants to improve the club, after an ECF elimination and you're complaining? If you give up assets, he'll get ripped, if he pays too much for FA he'll get ripped, what do you want the guy to do?

Some FAs didn't work out in the past, some did, that's the way it goes. You should be happy we have a GM that's willing to make this team more competitive. We're in on practically every top player to a certain degree.

Something needs to be done! we need more scoring, help on faceoffs and defensive depth. We can't afford to sit on our hands one season removed after taking the next step in cup contention

NikC is online now  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:02 PM
  #627
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Prust isn't worth losing out on a Nash Ryan or parise bc of a cap hit


That makes no sense.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:02 PM
  #628
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
agree after finding out what he played through i have a whole nother level of respect for the man
I will never bash him again.

Ya know this might be totally off topic, but I've been watching sports my whole life (30 years) and know what I have come to find out? Luck is a huge part of it. Getting breaks, staying healthy, and having some luck. The most TALENTED team hardly ever wins out. I could give a list of most talented teams who have fallen short but I would be here all night. Having said that, all I ever ask from my team is to give me 100% effort ... nothing more. If we win, we win ... either ****ing way I will love my teams.

GregSirico is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:04 PM
  #629
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
That makes no sense.
If we lost prust because we gave an extra 2m to parise? Who would care besides the people who don't want parise?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:07 PM
  #630
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,146
vCash: 500
Speaking of elite, you wanna know who's not elite?


Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:07 PM
  #631
Chief
Registered User
 
Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,837
vCash: 500
If you think Parise only scores garbage goals - enjoy the clip the link takes you to. Not many garbage goals at all. Plenty of goals off the rush, goalies faked out of their jocks and plenty scored in tight with goal scorer's hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4qn14Udf3A

Maybe Parise belongs here. After watching Matteau's kid get drafted by the Debbies, maybe it's only fair that the son of one of the guys who scored one of the most famous goals against the Rangers puts on a Ranger jersey.

Chief is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:08 PM
  #632
mcsauer2738
Registered User
 
mcsauer2738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
If you think Parise only scores garbage goals - enjoy the clip the link takes you to. Not many garbage goals at all. Plenty of goals off the rush, goalies faked out of their jocks and plenty scored in tight with goal scorer's hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4qn14Udf3A

Maybe Parise belongs here. After watching Matteau's kid get drafted by the Debbies, maybe it's only fair that the son of one of the guys who scored one of the most famous goals against the Rangers puts on a Ranger jersey.
parise does get 90% of his goals within 3 feet of the crease, is i think the point people are making

mcsauer2738 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:09 PM
  #633
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
If you think Parise only scores garbage goals - enjoy the clip the link takes you to. Not many garbage goals at all. Plenty of goals off the rush, goalies faked out of their jocks and plenty scored in tight with goal scorer's hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4qn14Udf3A

Maybe Parise belongs here. After watching Matteau's kid get drafted by the Debbies, maybe it's only fair that the son of one of the guys who scored one of the most famous goals against the Rangers puts on a Ranger jersey.
If I made a "best of Ryan Callahan" video, there would be a bunch of snipes and dangles in there too. He doesn't do it consistently though.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:10 PM
  #634
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
parise does get 90% of his goals within 3 feet of the crease, is i think the point people are making
And? He crashes the net something the majority of our offense outside of Cally and kreider don't do. He can also score from outside and create offense for himself

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:11 PM
  #635
mcsauer2738
Registered User
 
mcsauer2738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Please answer this
Name me elite players im trying to gauge your definition of elite

mcsauer2738 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:11 PM
  #636
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Speaking of elite, you wanna know who's not elite?

He's very good though but yes not elite.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:12 PM
  #637
mcsauer2738
Registered User
 
mcsauer2738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
And? He crashes the net something the majority of our offense outside of Cally and kreider don't do. He can also score from outside and create offense for himself
Listen i'm a huge proponent for parise and i agree that a goals a goal i was just stating the obvious. And i must disagree he doesn't create offense for himself he just cleans up the garbage so if you wanna consider that creating then, yeah.

mcsauer2738 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:12 PM
  #638
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
Name me elite players im trying to gauge your definition of elite
I'm done I've said overall in his career he's been elite but his numbers for various reasons have declined on nj.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:13 PM
  #639
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,363
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Overall? Yes. Since he's been in nj though? One outta 3 seasons. Sure one was injured but the other car from elite
Injured? The season he "played" 27 games he was a deadline acquisition. He had 85 points that year in 76 games. Just because he played 27 games for the devils doesn't mean he played that many in the year.

iamitter is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:13 PM
  #640
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,146
vCash: 500
I'd take Parise over Nash, and Ryan over Parise. Of course what I really wanted was Jiri Hudler but noone listens to me

Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:14 PM
  #641
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
Listen i'm a huge proponent for parise and i agree that a goals a goal i was just stating the obvious. And i must disagree he doesn't create offense for himself he just cleans up the garbage so if you wanna consider that creating then, yeah.
I'm a hockey fan I watch devils a lot. Parise is a lot better than people give him credit for and he fits the identity of this team to a t

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:14 PM
  #642
mcsauer2738
Registered User
 
mcsauer2738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I'm done I've said overall in his career he's been elite but his numbers for various reasons have declined on nj.
haha you said kovy isn't elite right now, i want to know who you think is elite right now

mcsauer2738 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:14 PM
  #643
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I'd take Parise over Nash, and Ryan over Parise. Of course what I really wanted was Jiri Hudler but noone listens to me
Both cost assets parise doesnt

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:16 PM
  #644
mcsauer2738
Registered User
 
mcsauer2738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I'm a hockey fan I watch devils a lot. Parise is a lot better than people give him credit for and he fits the identity of this team to a t
he's a great player and i'd love to have him on this team, he does fit the identity to a t. but by no means does he have a good wrister if that's what you're getting at.

mcsauer2738 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:16 PM
  #645
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Kovalchuk's numbers declined because he is playing defensive hockey for the 100th time. Lundsanity we aren't getting Parise so get over it

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:17 PM
  #646
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Both cost assets parise doesnt
His hit is going to be one hell of an asset. Then again I don't really love Ryan's attitude. All three of them have major downsides

But all that aside I refuse to get excited about Parise until the ink is dry. Last thing I heard from him was "no way" and I'm taking that to heart until he's wearing a Rangers jersey.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:19 PM
  #647
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Kovalchuk's numbers declined because he is playing defensive hockey for the 100th time. Lundsanity we aren't getting Parise so get over it
Never said we were, just said to make a big offer. Many players have said they would never be this or that and that's exactly what they did, but no I don't expect it

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:20 PM
  #648
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Parise doesn't even wanna play here, and if he ever does we will all know it is for the money if Sather actually offers him 7mil or more, which IMO he isn't worth anything close to 7mil, more like 5.5.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:20 PM
  #649
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
he's a great player and i'd love to have him on this team, he does fit the identity to a t. but by no means does he have a good wrister if that's what you're getting at.
No matter how he does it, he scores and that's what we need right? That's all I'm getting at

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 09:21 PM
  #650
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Parise doesn't even wanna play here, and if he ever does we will all know it is for the money if Sather actually offers him 7mil or more, which IMO he isn't worth anything close to 7mil, more like 5.5.
It's about money for almost every athlete

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.