HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[NYI/ANA Trade] Lubomir Visnovsky to NYI for 2013 2nd rounder

Old
06-23-2012, 02:36 AM
CJV123

vCash: 500
Anaheim now has gazillions of dollars of cap space, and Newport Beach, to throw at Zach Parise, if they are serious and not tank-jobs.

CJV123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:41 AM
Theridion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJV123 View Post
Anaheim now has gazillions of dollars of cap space, and Newport Beach, to throw at Zach Parise, if they are serious and not tank-jobs.
Does pujols have any pull with parise?

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Frankie Spankie

Would have loved to see Chiarelli make a similar deal. Anaheim could have gotten more for Lubo than an early 2nd..

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Why in the hell does Anaheim do this?

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:10 AM
The Saurus

If Anaheim is offloading players and is going for a short rebuild, would they consider trading Jonas Hiller?

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Roof Daddy

Hmm. I was coming in here to bash this trade from the Ducks perspective, but after a little reading its not as bad as it seems. Didn't realize he had a separated shoulder last year (must be the 3rd time in his career), and didn't realize he was shook so bad by Demitra's passing. All in all, probably not that bad for value, but still a little perplexing given he could net more at the trade deadline next year (if healthy), and that his contract had a higher hit than actual dollars (5.6 hit vs 3mil in actual dollars). I thought ANH was an internal budget team, so why not keep him around and save 2.6?

If they move Bobby Ryan for a bunch of futures, they better hope like hell Getzlaf and Perry like the weather, because there isn't much more to convince them to re-up long-term.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:28 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by meph View Post
the first article basically says that hockey is not a priority anymore, especially after what happened to pavol demitra, he much more values time spent with his family and kids
it might be his last season and he would make his decision in the offseason

but the article after that basically refutes that so i don't know, i still would not be suprised if he called it quits

Thanks to isles91,who posted this interview from Vis.Isles posted it on their site.Click on Lubomir Visnovsky phone interview.

He sounds surprised by the trade,but says he's looking forward to playing with Streit and doesn't sound like he plans on retiring this summer.

http://video.islanders.nhl.com/video...ed-share-video

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:41 AM
wej20

Potentially a good pick up but I thought the Isles would target a more defensive minded dman.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Potentially a good pick up but I thought the Isles would target a more defensive minded dman.
They still might.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Hmm. I was coming in here to bash this trade from the Ducks perspective, but after a little reading its not as bad as it seems. Didn't realize he had a separated shoulder last year (must be the 3rd time in his career), and didn't realize he was shook so bad by Demitra's passing. All in all, probably not that bad for value, but still a little perplexing given he could net more at the trade deadline next year (if healthy), and that his contract had a higher hit than actual dollars (5.6 hit vs 3mil in actual dollars). I thought ANH was an internal budget team, so why not keep him around and save 2.6?

If they move Bobby Ryan for a bunch of futures, they better hope like hell Getzlaf and Perry like the weather, because there isn't much more to convince them to re-up long-term.
They saved 3 million by trading him...

Old
06-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
If Anaheim is offloading players and is going for a short rebuild, would they consider trading Jonas Hiller?
We're offloading the older players. I don't think Hiller is lumped in with that group. You might see Toni Lydman traded.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:06 AM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
We're offloading the older players. I don't think Hiller is lumped in with that group. You might see Toni Lydman traded.
Thank you for the heads up! Lydman would be interesting piece for teams looking to solidify their 5/6 positions. He could even play top four in a pinch on good teams.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Thank you for the heads up! Lydman would be interesting piece for teams looking to solidify their 5/6 positions. He could even play top four in a pinch on good teams.
He could. He and Lubo were our best pairing two seasons ago. Unfortunately they both were hurt during our playoff series against the Preds and both were not the same after their shoulder surgeries.

06-23-2012, 11:26 AM
BringTheReign

I don't understand this trade for either team. The Islanders are still in rebuild mode, but are trading away draft picks for aging veterans. Then, the Ducks' weakest point is defense and they go and trade Lubo.

The only real reason I see here is that the Islanders were looking for a mentor for all their young defensemen, but I feel like there could have been one out there who wouldn't have costed a 2nd round pick.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:42 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
]I don't understand this trade for either team. The Islanders are still in rebuild mode, but are trading away draft picks for aging veterans. Then, the Ducks' weakest point is defense and they go and trade Lubo.

The isles have been stockpiling picks/prospects since the 2008 draft.
They are past the point of rebuilding their depleted prospect pool.

They need to give their young players better support.They had the choice of going into next season with Streit/Hamonic/MacDonald/rookie De Haan, in their top 4.Or going into the season with Streit/Hamonic/MacDonald/Vis in their top 4,while De haan gets sheltered 3rd pairing minutes.

Isles are a better team with the quality vet, taking top 4 minutes vs. a rookie getting top 4 mins.

Quote:
The only real reason I see here is that the Islanders were looking for a mentor for all their young defensemen, but I feel like there could have been one out there who wouldn't have costed a 2nd round pick.
Streit already serves as a mentor.Isles got Vis because they expect him to put up points,play solid top 4 minutes and give them a better chance to win next season.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
I don't understand this trade for either team. The Islanders are still in rebuild mode, but are trading away draft picks for aging veterans. Then, the Ducks' weakest point is defense and they go and trade Lubo.

According to Murray we plan on investing the money on someone younger. None of us know what that means, but we're assuming a free agent.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
We could still use one.

Visnovsky fills the black hole on the PP we've had next to Streit the last few years.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Good deal that will help the Islanders.

They might finally see the light ? I wish them so.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:19 PM
ponder

I honestly don't think this is a particularly good deal for the Isles. Lubo in his prime was obviously a terrific offensive dman, but he looked over the hill last year, and 27 points in 68 games was pretty terrible by his standards, and he remains undersized and below average defensively. He turns 36 this summer, and has just 1 year left on his deal, the Isles could easily be getting a pretty "meh" dman for 1 year, and then have him walk/retire. Maybe it works out for them, but I think that a year from now they wish they hadn't made this deal, especially if that 2nd ends up being a high 2nd.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:57 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
They saved 3 million by trading him...
How can you say that if you don't know what his replacement is going to make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I honestly don't think this is a particularly good deal for the Isles. Lubo in his prime was obviously a terrific offensive dman, but he looked over the hill last year, and 27 points in 68 games was pretty terrible by his standards, and he remains undersized and below average defensively. He turns 36 this summer, and has just 1 year left on his deal, the Isles could easily be getting a pretty "meh" dman for 1 year, and then have him walk/retire. Maybe it works out for them, but I think that a year from now they wish they hadn't made this deal, especially if that 2nd ends up being a high 2nd.
Even if he plans on leaving, if the Isle are out of it by the TD, I'd bet they get alot more than a second for Lubo.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:06 PM
empire7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
He's a FA next season... most players entering their FA year try to increase their value through their play going forward. Yes, hes 36, but if he has a great year and plays like the old D-man he once was, who's to say he doesnt get a decent deal from a contender in free agency? Better yet, if he does play well, you can almost bet the Islanders will be trading him at the deadline for something or gearing up for a low seeded playoff run with him.. there's really no risk in this deal for them.

empire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:45 PM
boredmale

The joys of being an Islanders fan

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...tay-in-europe/

Quote:
Friday night at the Coliseum draft party, Islanders radio man Chris King interviewed the newly acquired Lubomir Visnovsky via phone from Europe. Visnovsky was at home in Slovakia and there’s now a chance that he may stay in Slovakia to play or even head to the KHL in Russia

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Isles Junkie

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...tay-in-europe/

Visnovsky MAY sign with a European or KHL team.

Good lord, the benny hill theme never ends with this franchise.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:28 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
my goodness that would be absolutely brutal LOL

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:50 PM