HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[NYI/ANA Trade] Lubomir Visnovsky to NYI for 2013 2nd rounder

Old
06-22-2012, 11:19 PM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Why would you assume they can only afford a 3 million dollar Dman?
Are the Ducks not a budget team? Hence why you hear the rumors about Ryan being moved and having less money coming back...

If you are on a budget, wouldn't you prefer the guy that is only making 3 mil and is probably better than the guy that is gonna get 4.5-5 mil and is probably a lesser player???

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:20 PM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Kind of a weird trade for both teams.

Ducks probably could have got a lot more from him and the Isles got a player who will almost certainly be leaving in a year (the last time he was traded from a California team, he specifically requested to be traded back so he could be close to his family).
Ducks could have probably gotten more but then have worked with the Islanders before on trades and the guys age as well as injury history didn't help his stock.

Plus, Snow needs to show fans that having swiss cheese defense really can not fly anymore. I mean not for nothing Snow was able to get Nabby to resign here after not even wanting to report to begin with. Thus, you have no idea what Snow could swindle with keeping Visnovski around.

A lot of players might not want to come to LI off the bat. However, when they get here they tend to want to stay and really like the place.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Visnovsky hasn't been the same since Douglas Murray separated his shoulder. Last year, he was horrible.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
Visnovsky hasn't been the same since Douglas Murray separated his shoulder. Last year, he was horrible.
Few ducks fans mentioned that he hasn't been the same since Demitra died and a few others disagreed.. And links supporting this one way or another? Just curious

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Are the Ducks not a budget team? Hence why you hear the rumors about Ryan being moved and having less money coming back...

If you are on a budget, wouldn't you prefer the guy that is only making 3 mil and is probably better than the guy that is gonna get 4.5-5 mil and is probably a lesser player???
We were well under the cap floor when we had Lubo.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:59 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:

Not if that freed up money can help you sign Ryan Suter or make a trade for a better dman

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:08 AM
boredmale

The only problem I see from an Islanders POV is Visnovsky and Streit sort of become redundant. Beyond that besides Hamonic is the only "bruiser" we have, so we probably are going to have to find a physical defensive defenseman.

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Trance Kuja
Burning Heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
The only problem I see from an Islanders POV is Visnovsky and Streit sort of become redundant. Beyond that besides Hamonic is the only "bruiser" we have, so we probably are going to have to find a physical defensive defenseman.
Should the Isles target Shenn? It seems he's fallen out of good graces in Toronto. I could be wrong. He'd help out your team.

Trance Kuja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Few ducks fans mentioned that he hasn't been the same since Demitra died and a few others disagreed.. And links supporting this one way or another? Just curious
Unfortunately I can't find the translated page that I found at the time but here is the original if you want to use google translate.

http://hokej.sme.sk/c/6278466/visnov...prioritou.html

And here is the article of him saying he wants to play

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr...ducks-20120410

Quote:
Selanne has not been the only Duck weighing retirement. The season took a toll on defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky, who had several injuries and a big loss of production, but time has changed his thinking.

"I was very mad during the season because I don't feel comfortable," he said. "I think it was worst season ever for me. My confidence was very low….[But] I want to play. I want to be here with my teammates."

06-23-2012, 12:19 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
Should the Isles target Shenn? It seems he's fallen out of good graces in Toronto. I could be wrong. He'd help out your team.
I would love Schenn, but I think it would be stupid to trade him from a Toronto perspective since his value is low. I figure Schenn will probably struggle another year or 2 before he becomes a solid #3 guy with the potential of being a #2 ala Foote

Not sure Leafs and Islanders make good trade parters

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:19 AM
SLAPSHOT723
QU 2014 - Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
I would love Schenn, but not at a hefty price.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Trance Kuja
Burning Heart.

I'm not an expert of either team by any stretch of the imagination, but maybe they'd want Bailey and a pick. Toronto fans, feel free to attack my stupidity.

Trance Kuja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Selke BylsmAdams

vCash: 80
The first thing I thought when I saw the trade was, "That's it? Just a 2nd round pick in 2013?". I was actually expecting Bettman to announce that the teams had also swapped picks, with the Ducks getting the Isles' 4th overall and the Isles getting the Ducks' 6th overall.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Here's the link and synopsis from one our European posters back in March, you're on your own with the actual article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
http://hokej.sme.sk/c/6278466/visnov...prioritou.html

Basically says that the death of his close friend Pavol Demitra has changed his life, that he appreciates family more and that hockey doesn't feel that important anymore.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:27 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Not if that freed up money can help you sign Ryan Suter or make a trade for a better dman
Comon....you should know unless players have a 3rd line brother already on the team, big name free agents don't sign on the West Coast....

And if you gotta trade for a better Dman....what kind of assets are you gonna have to give up?? I bet it will be alot more than a 2nd a year from now.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Here's the link and synopsis from one our European posters back in March, you're on your own with the actual article
Google translate sucks.. It reads like a 13 year old's english paper would read..

But I'm assuming he hasn't made a decision yet?

Old
06-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Unholy

Quote:
Google translate sucks.. It reads like a 13 year old's english paper would read..

See my post above. Gave the same link as DVM but also the article of him saying he wants to play.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
See my post above. Gave the same link as DVM but also the article of him saying he wants to play.
Gotcha.. Didn't see your post at all

Old
06-23-2012, 12:43 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Comon....you should know unless players have a 3rd line brother already on the team, big name free agents don't sign on the West Coast....

And if you gotta trade for a better Dman....what kind of assets are you gonna have to give up?? I bet it will be alot more than a 2nd a year from now.
Money talks.
And the ducks have to spend atleast 15 million to hit the floor

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:50 AM
IslesNorway

Great trade for the islanders that fills an actual need on many fronts, and a classic Snow deal too finding someone whose cap hit is twice his salary!

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:59 AM
meph

Quote:

the first article basically says that hockey is not a priority anymore, especially after what happened to pavol demitra, he much more values time spent with his family and kids
it might be his last season and he would make his decision in the offseason

but the article after that basically refutes that so i don't know, i still would not be suprised if he called it quits

meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Islanderfan17

I hope Vis likes it on Long Island, and more importantly has a great rebound season.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:51 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

From what I read, I doubt he will play beyond his current contract.

Good trade for the Isles regardless.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:53 AM
OrrNumber4

If Visnovsky gets back to form, he and Streit would form a damn fine 1-2 punch in NYI.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:24 AM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity Millionaires View Post
Does this signal Bobby Ryan on his way out? Rebuild...
In what bizzaro world does a rebuild include trading a 25 year old top line winger on a good contract?

Ryan may be traded, but it won't be because of a rebuild.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote