HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Ryan hopes to be traded to Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 07:23 PM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
No need to make that trade. Ryan is not that much better than voracek

Old
07-05-2012, 07:26 PM
clodejirew

That trade would be a step in the wrong direction. No way we should be giving up that much for Ryan. Anyways, this article seems to state otherwise.. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTH...n-Ryan/6/45450

Old
07-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
So, essentially it's: Voracek, Gustaffson, and two firsts for Ryan.

Eff dat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clodejirew View Post
That trade would be a step in the wrong direction. No way we should be giving up that much for Ryan. Anyways, this article seems to state otherwise.. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTH...n-Ryan/6/45450
I didn't know Corey Perry was the Ducks' top Center

Last edited by Jray42: 07-05-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old
07-05-2012, 07:49 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

I may be biased because bobby Ryan is my favorite player not (currently) on the flyers, but I would make that trade.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:02 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
All that just for Ryan in return? A first, a guy we JUST took in the first round, a mid level defensive prospect and a forward two years younger and close to Ryan in terms of production? And all we get is Ryan. Hell to the no. I like the guy and all and it's a cool scenario to have a hometown guy here but not at that price. I hope that article posted interpreted holmgrens quotes as true (we all know homer is FOS).

Old
07-05-2012, 08:11 PM
rainrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
No need to make that trade. Ryan is not that much better than voracek
TSN report had Bobby Ryan ranked #33 going into the 2011-2012 season. Giroux by comparison was #25. Obviously Jake was not top 50 but I do like his game and potential. I wouldnt underate Ryan though he is one of the best.

With this salary cap going up and teams spending like drunken sailors perhaps Homer sees Vorachek as a potential tough signing. He knows the cost certainity of Bobby Ryan $5 M per for the next 3 season( that sounds like a hell of a bargain right now). If Jake Vorachek keeps progressing there are going to be teams that throw big years and heavy $$$$ at him.

Add that Ryan is a organizational favorite and I can definitely see a deal that brings B Ryan to Philly with Vorachek as the centerpiece. I'm torn because I am big Jake fan.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:12 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
People would do that trade? Wtf am I reading. Laughton's value is essentially a 1st, then you add another first, add Voracek who's potential is worth way more than a 1st + Gus?

I'd rather offer sheet Weber and lose 4 1sts straight up. This is so an overpayment.

But well, it's from Manayunk Mike, who isn't even close to being reliable.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
People would do that trade? Wtf am I reading. Laughton's value is essentially a 1st, then you add another first, add Voracek who's potential is worth way more than a 1st + Gus?

I'd rather offer sheet Weber and lose 4 1sts straight up. This is so an overpayment.

But well, it's from Manayunk Mike, who isn't even close to being reliable.
What about Voracek makes him "way more than a first?" He's a second line winger at his peak. Good puck possession. Solid defense. 60 points.

The trade is borderline for me. It's 1 roster player and a bunch of futures.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Flyerfan808

No, not for that asking price.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Lockjaw333

To be honest I'm not sure I'd even want to trade Voracek for Ryan straight up, let alone for the craziness in that rumor. Really think we should stick with Jake.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:30 PM
clodejirew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
What about Voracek makes him "way more than a first?" He's a second line winger at his peak. Good puck possession. Solid defense. 60 points.

The trade is borderline for me. It's 1 roster player and a bunch of futures.
He's 22. You have no idea what Voracek will be at his peak.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:33 PM
rainrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
All that just for Ryan in return? A first, a guy we JUST took in the first round, a mid level defensive prospect and a forward two years younger and close to Ryan in terms of production? And all we get is Ryan. Hell to the no. I like the guy and all and it's a cool scenario to have a hometown guy here but not at that price. I hope that article posted interpreted holmgrens quotes as true (we all know homer is FOS).

Ryan has averaged 34 G 30 A his first 4 years and is only 25 y.o..

But yeah that is a ton to give up and Im not sure Vorachek doesnt evntually have as good or even better career than Bobby Ryan. Keep in mind Jakub Vorachek is' only 22.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:06 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockjaw333 View Post
To be honest I'm not sure I'd even want to trade Voracek for Ryan straight up, let alone for the craziness in that rumor. Really think we should stick with Jake.
Oh for the love of all things holy, now I've seen it all.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:11 PM
healthyscratch

The fear and sometimes outright anger of giving up future draft picks for a proven commodity never ceases to amaze me.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:14 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Oh for the love of all things holy, now I've seen it all.
Lol. The legend of Jake Voracek grows and grows. Funny how four underwhelming seasons for Jake and he's more valuable than Bobby Ryan. But four 30+ goals per season is worth less than Jake. Also he's signed for longer and probably in the same ballpark moneywise. Also Luke Schenn is a bust because he has not lived up to his potential at 22 but Jake is ONLY 22 so of course he has years to improve!

Something people also need to consider is that Jake may not want a long term deal. If he only wants a one year deal and wants to test UFA next year, I'd be happy to deal him as part of a deal for Ryan.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Psuhockey

That deal is bunk. If the Flyers offered that, Anahiem would take it and run. If not Murray is an idiot. Gus is junk but the others amount to 3 1st Rd picks for a 30 goal scorer. That is way more than Carter and Richards got for a lesser valued position.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Lol. The legend of Jake Voracek grows and grows. Funny how four underwhelming seasons for Jake and he's more valuable than Bobby Ryan. But four 30+ goals per season is worth less than Jake. Also he's signed for longer and probably in the same ballpark moneywise. Also Luke Schenn is a bust because he has not lived up to his potential at 22 but Jake is ONLY 22 so of course he has years to improve!

Something people also need to consider is that Jake may not want a long term deal. If he only wants a one year deal and wants to test UFA next year, I'd be happy to deal him as part of a deal for Ryan.
We're getting as bad as Toronto fans vastly over-rating our players. It makes me chuckle. I wonder how many people commenting here have seen Ryan play more than 10 games total.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Voracek is a rfa for 3 more years as he has already played 4 years so far.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:30 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:

Yea let's see, a promising winger with a career high of 18 goals at a cost of 3.5m or a proven 30+ goal scorer at 5.3m??? DECISIONS DECISIONS!! Is Jake related to TGO somehow?? Thru marriage at least?!

Old
07-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Voracek being seriously underrated.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
That deal is bunk. If the Flyers offered that, Anahiem would take it and run. If not Murray is an idiot. Gus is junk but the others amount to 3 1st Rd picks for a 30 goal scorer. That is way more than Carter and Richards got for a lesser valued position.
It is not more than we received. Give me a break.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:

Jake is subject to 3 more years of team control, just like Bobby Ryan.

The gap between Voracek and Ryan is not nearly as wide as public perception suggests. See the red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
for my reasoning.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
It is not more than we received. Give me a break.
Carter and Richard each got a top notch pick/prospect (#8 or Schenn), a 2nd/3rd line winger (Voracek/Simmonds) and 3nd/2rd pick. So the proposed trade is Voracek (2nd winger), Gus (a third rd pick value if Darrell Powe is a 3rd rd pick value) and Laughton and 1st rd pick. Laughton is no 8th overall or Schenn but Laughton + 1st is greater than or equal to the #8 or Schenn. So the value at best is equal for a winger who had less goals his last 4 years than Carter' last four years before the trade and less points than Richards last 4 years at the time of trade plus plays wing not center.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:33 PM
turkinaa

Maybe if we don't do anything at all for a season we try to sign Perry and Getzlaf and make Ryan the star on a now empty team.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
Maybe if we don't do anything at all for a season we try to sign Perry and Getzlaf and make Ryan the star on a now empty team.
Or pick Perry up at the deadline. It occurred to me when I made this roster. If they save enough cap space to keep Chris Pronger off of LTIR, that makes it possible to bank considerable cap space before the deadline to go after Iginla, Perry, Yandle or Enstrom.

Edit: I know this is slightly out of date now

Closed Thread