HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Ryan hopes to be traded to Flyers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2012, 08:52 AM
  #776
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,267
vCash: 500
I really have a feeling that if this keeps going and drives Ryan nuts and demands a trade, I really can't see the Ducks getting as much as they want. Who would want a 5.1M cap on their team that doesn't want to play for the team?

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
07-08-2012, 09:18 AM
  #777
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,861
vCash: 500
There's a trade on the main board also that say Read+Voracek+Meszaros+1st. I'm sorry but You will never see teams trade three roster players plus a first for a player in the capped NHL. It really is asinine!


Last edited by Prongo: 07-08-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Prongo is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 09:26 AM
  #778
s3x
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Never say never. This is the Flyers we are talking about.

s3x is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 09:27 AM
  #779
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
There's a trade on the main board also that say Read+Voracek+Meszaros+1st. I'm sorry but You will never see teams trade three roster players plus a first for a player. It really is asinine!
More like Read or Voracek + 1st + Laughton or Mez.

I am not sure how much of a need Mez would be for them with signing Souray and Allen.

Voracek, Laughton + 1st rd

OR

Read, Mez + 1st rd

I wish it would come out what the original trade proposal was at the deadline that Homer thought was done.

lancer247 is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 09:28 AM
  #780
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,159
vCash: 50
Ryan might be the most over-valued player of all time.

1865 is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 09:43 AM
  #781
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Ryan might be the most over-valued player of all time.
I agree. They are asking for the world. I really can't see him getting two roster players a prospect and a pick. It's bobby Ryan, not Shea weber

Prongo is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 09:44 AM
  #782
feedingschennzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
Anybody get the feeling that Anaheim is bracing for the heralding apocalypse? I mean it is 2012... but think about it, usually, one year prior to UFA status, teams look to lock up their stars to lengthy extensions. Could it be the case that Anaheim has come to terms that one or both of Getzlaf or Perry intend to walk after this season? Thus they want to fleece a team in a trade for Ryan and start to rebuild their young guns? I mean their blue-line is by all things considered solid. Call me crazy, but I could see a struggling Anaheim make one of those two available at the trade deadline, at the very least as a super-rental.

feedingschennzy is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 10:31 AM
  #783
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Ryan might be the most over-valued player of all time.
Considering cap hits, I would give that title to Nash.

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 10:37 AM
  #784
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,275
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Ryan might be the most over-valued player of all time.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now  
Old
07-08-2012, 01:37 PM
  #785
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,468
vCash: 500
@ManayunkMike

BREAKING: ‪#Ducks‬ Bobby Ryan deal with ‪#Flyers‬ could be hinging on Voracek's new deal. Again, hearing Voracek is part of deal. No timetables

Alchemy is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 01:38 PM
  #786
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
@ManayunkMike

BREAKING: ‪#Ducks‬ Bobby Ryan deal with ‪#Flyers‬ could be hinging on Voracek's new deal. Again, hearing Voracek is part of deal. No timetables
Isn't that dude very unreputable?

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 01:40 PM
  #787
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Isn't that dude very unreputable?
he makes the most obvious guesses

also he's a total moron

OriginJM is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 01:42 PM
  #788
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Oh ****. What is holmgren doing.

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 01:44 PM
  #789
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,335
vCash: 500
He also throws in a lot of qualifiers... could, might, may, possibly, etc. Covers him when it doesn't happen.

The best part is that when he's right, he accuses other people of stealing his story. Classic.

Not as ridiculous a tweet as that *************** guy's tweet to Dreger today lol.

Broad Street Elite is online now  
Old
07-08-2012, 01:45 PM
  #790
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
@ManayunkMike

BREAKING: ‪#Ducks‬ Bobby Ryan deal with ‪#Flyers‬ could be hinging on Voracek's new deal. Again, hearing Voracek is part of deal. No timetables
i'm not buying it

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 01:47 PM
  #791
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,702
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
he makes the most obvious guesses

also he's a total moron
is he related to flyersguru?

rememeber what he was saying about Carle and Jagr in late June

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
07-08-2012, 01:49 PM
  #792
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,468
vCash: 500
Well as long as he isn't blocked on here. I'm not really fusing about it. Just something to think about. Voracek most likely will be heading the other way if the flyers land Ryan. It's just what else with the package that scares me.

Alchemy is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 04:22 PM
  #793
turkinaa
Registered User
 
turkinaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
I thought it would be better to trade for an RFA under the condition that you then can sign them to any type of deal you want (as long as they are willing to sign with you). Signing him then trading him could backfire just as much as trading his rights.

It has been bothering me a bit that (a) no offer sheet was sent in for Voracek that we know of that could be holding up signing him and (b) we haven't signed any of our RFAs that could easily be heading off in a deal (Voracek + MAB/GUS + something).

turkinaa is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 05:25 PM
  #794
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
I really do not want to trade Voracek at all. The only roster players I would be willing to have in a trade for Ryan or almost anyone else for that matter are Briere(though very very unlikely), Read, Meszaros(if we have a proper replacement), and Hartnell(just because he might want to cash in on another huge pay day after this season, but would prefer to keep him at a smaller or similar cap hit).

I would be willing to trade a good amount of prospects if the only player off of our current roster is Read. Although I doubt they would be willing to take that, unless Ryan demanded a trade in private.

Read, Cousins, Laughton or First 2013, and 2nd 2013.


CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.750m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)
Andreas Lilja ($0.738m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,421,944; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,778,056


We could even add a 4th line center like Kyle Wellwood or a reclamation project like Wolski if the cap doesn't go down much.

Thats a deep lineup IMO, but again I'm not sure a package with Read as the only current roster player gets it done

FLYERSFAN18 is online now  
Old
07-08-2012, 05:38 PM
  #795
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
if jake gets traded then ruslan will be replacing jake, assuming no other foward gets traded, if it's read too then they'll probably sign knuble and sign another defensemen from the blues(forget his name)to replace mab/gus/mez.

toughfighter83* is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 05:58 PM
  #796
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I really do not want to trade Voracek at all. The only roster players I would be willing to have in a trade for Ryan or almost anyone else for that matter are Briere(though very very unlikely), Read, Meszaros(if we have a proper replacement), and Hartnell(just because he might want to cash in on another huge pay day after this season, but would prefer to keep him at a smaller or similar cap hit).

I would be willing to trade a good amount of prospects if the only player off of our current roster is Read. Although I doubt they would be willing to take that, unless Ryan demanded a trade in private.

Read, Cousins, Laughton or First 2013, and 2nd 2013.


CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.750m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)
Andreas Lilja ($0.738m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,421,944; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,778,056


We could even add a 4th line center like Kyle Wellwood or a reclamation project like Wolski if the cap doesn't go down much.

Thats a deep lineup IMO, but again I'm not sure a package with Read as the only current roster player gets it done
You're nuts if you think ANA will take scraps like that for Ryan.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 06:06 PM
  #797
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
You're nuts if you think ANA will take scraps like that for Ryan.

I never said that I thought they would take that. In fact I said a couple time that I did not think they would. I was just stating that would be my starting point because I don't want to trade Voracek and that there aren't really any other pieces that are likely to move that are on our current NHL roster. So it seems that you really didn't read my post except for that one line

FLYERSFAN18 is online now  
Old
07-08-2012, 06:08 PM
  #798
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
You're nuts if you think ANA will take scraps like that for Ryan.
Read's value = late 1st
Cousins' value = high 2nd
Laughton's value = late 1st
1st 2013's value = late 1st
2nd 2013's value = late 2nd

That's a ****ton of value.

CS is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 06:12 PM
  #799
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Read's value = late 1st
Cousins' value = high 2nd
Laughton's value = late 1st
1st 2013's value = late 1st
2nd 2013's value = late 2nd

That's a ****ton of value.
It's very good value in terms of futures, but I don't think they want that much futures. I think they want a couple pieces that can help them immediately on offense. But they might be willing to take a deal like that if Ryan has indeed demanded at trade behind closed doors and they need to move.

FLYERSFAN18 is online now  
Old
07-08-2012, 06:38 PM
  #800
YuioIklo
Registered User
 
YuioIklo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,405
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
@ManayunkMike

BREAKING: ‪#Ducks‬ Bobby Ryan deal with ‪#Flyers‬ could be hinging on Voracek's new deal. Again, hearing Voracek is part of deal. No timetables
Don't post what this guy says on here please, it's nothing serious.

YuioIklo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.