HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Mikhail Grigorenko, Center 12th Overall, 2012

Old
06-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Endless Ike

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero View Post
I expect he will never reach his full potential once he gets into Ruff's system.
Why would we trade him to wherever Ruff's going to be after next year?

Endless Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball0828 View Post
Wait, what?
I imagine that's all a joke about the rumors that he's actually 20, not 18

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:13 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I imagine that's all a joke about the rumors that he's actually 20, not 18
More like 30. Deliberately flopped in the playoffs so scouts wouldn't see his playoff beard, ie: dead giveaway of his age.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:35 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
More like 30. Deliberately flopped in the playoffs so scouts wouldn't see his playoff beard, ie: dead giveaway of his age.
I wouldn't call 10 points in 11 games flopping. 4 points in 6 games for Galchenyuk could be considered it however. Not to mention getting carried by Yakupov when he was 16 and being injured the entire season while 17. His stock not dropping past 3 is hilarious...

McTankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:40 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
I wouldn't call 10 points in 11 games flopping. 4 points in 6 games for Galchenyuk could be considered it however. Not to mention getting carried by Yakupov when he was 16 and being injured the entire season while 17. His stock not dropping past 3 is hilarious...
Ya I think the habs really butchered that one

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:41 PM
jfb392

Quote:
How did he get carried by Yakupov when they played on separate lines?

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:45 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Maybe I should've used more because I don't think 10 in 11 is too shabby either.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Quote:
What you're responding to was a sarcastic. And Galchenyuk had just returned from missing basically the entire season, so that's not very fair to judge.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:58 AM
jfb392

Wow, some of the comments on the prospects board lately about Grigorenko are hilarious.
People make it sound like he has zero talent and these comments about him saying he apparently doesn't work out are news to me.

Most of them seem to be Habs fans, which isn't surprising, considering they had Grant McCagg crapping on him for months, along with the poster with perhaps the most fitting name on here, Zeroknowledge, spewing BS.
It's eerily similar to Sens fans trashing Couturier last season.
Funny thing is that I've now seen them change their story ("it was never about a lack of compete with Couturier!" could have fooled me with your story that he was so bad that your scouts walked out on one of his games).

Old
06-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Wow, some of the comments on the prospects board lately about Grigorenko are hilarious.
People make it sound like he has zero talent and these comments about him saying he apparently doesn't work out are news to me.

Most of them seem to be Habs fans, which isn't surprising, considering they had Grant McCagg crapping on him for months, along with the poster with perhaps the most fitting name on here, Zeroknowledge, spewing BS.
Funny thing is that I've now seen them change their story ("it was never about a lack of compete with Couturier!" could have fooled me with your story that he was so bad that your scouts walked out on one of his games).
Every Grigorenko video on youtube is filled with comments from Habs fans saying "We need this guy" and even "Welcome to the Habs", some dated literally an hour before the Canadiens picked.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:

this was after the world juniors... Its not like he just became a bad player right? Ive seen alot of these same posters bashing him recently

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1107693

the truth though is that over 90% of posters on this website watch less than 5 CHL/Junior and hardly no NHL, just go by what they read.

1972 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:08 PM
SabresFanInLA

Grigo's ELC $$

How much can we expect him to get? CoHo, drafted 10th, has a cap hit of 1.67mil. So something along those lines, right?

SabresFanInLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:19 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInLA View Post
How much can we expect him to get? CoHo, drafted 10th, has a cap hit of 1.67mil. So something along those lines, right?
Regier has typically done an excellent job in keeping bonuses low on ELCs. Myers had a cap hit of like 1.2M when he was signed. Armia is at 1.275. Would not surprise me to see Grigs be right around there.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:22 PM
gallagt01

I was surprised that jfb didn't come to Grigorenko's defense in any of the threads pertaining to him on the main boards.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:22 PM
SabresFanInLA

I'm thinking Darcy might have to push it a little higher, to further avoid temptation of the KHL. Even if we sign him for 1.5, he'd get twice as much in the KHL.

SabresFanInLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:29 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Every Grigorenko video on youtube is filled with comments from Habs fans saying "We need this guy" and even "Welcome to the Habs", some dated literally an hour before the Canadiens picked.
I noticed that.
Most of the Habs fans on here hate him though because they were told to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
this was after the world juniors... Its not like he just became a bad player right? Ive seen alot of these same posters bashing him recently

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1107693

the truth though is that over 90% of posters on this website watch less than 5 CHL/Junior and hardly no NHL, just go by what they read.
Well, there's no way of knowing for sure, but I've found myself questioning how much hockey some posters actually watch.
How quickly he fell out of grace with the majority of posters seems to back that up though and reinforces the fact that a lot of HF is "what have you done for me lately".

Quote:
He'll get at least $925,000 a year in a salary.
If you add max A bonuses to that ($850,000), that'd take him up to $1,775,000.
I could see him getting some B bonuses paid by the team too too (up to $2m), but there's no way of knowing if he'll get them or how much he'll get if he does.

Either way, his cap hit will likely be $925,000 no matter what thanks to the bonus cushion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
I was surprised that jfb didn't come to Grigorenko's defense in any of the threads pertaining to him on the main boards.
I don't really bother with threads in the prospects section unless I have something to add.
It's not worth arguing with people.

I continued to defend him here, even after we seemingly had no shot at getting him, and I think that's enough.

Quote:
I'm thinking Darcy might have to push it a little higher, to further avoid temptation of the KHL. Even if we sign him for 1.5, he'd get twice as much in the KHL.
If he's under contract, he can't go back to the KHL until it expires.
The most salary he can possibly make right now is $925,000 and the rest is achievable but not guaranteed.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:47 PM
McTank

Quote:
Dont think theres any chance of KHL at this point in his career

Old
06-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:

It is, isn't it? I wonder how much the mercurial nature of Habs fandom has caused so much of the shift in Grigorenko's perception. It's certainly noticeable here.

And yes, some Sens fans backed the bus over Couturier last year. Revisionism strikes!

06-28-2012, 07:24 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
It is, isn't it? I wonder how much the mercurial nature of Habs fandom has caused so much of the shift in Grigorenko's perception. It's certainly noticeable here.

And yes, some Sens fans backed the bus over Couturier last year. Revisionism strikes!
It's just ridiculous.
For example, it looks like someone got to the bottom of the "he doesn't workout" thing..:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
That simply couldn't be true in the broader meaning. Maybe he didn't work out during phases of the season or when he was injured. But since he played in Russia and in CSKA out of all the places, working out there is like breathing. Their camps have been well documented to be overly grueling and tough.

I think what he really meant to say was that he wasn't working out to just add muscle (if working out is translated into Russian- it actually means "pumping up"), which is strongly advised against in Russia for hockey players. It's bad to be overly heavy and bulked up on big rinks- anyone remember issue with Tarasenko and the recent WC?

When Malkin first came to NHL he was a bit lanky too, but it was 'fixed'.

Anyway, sounds like misunderstanding.
He's 200 pounds but he never trains!!!!

Old
06-28-2012, 07:26 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
It's just ridiculous.
For example, it looks like someone got to the bottom of the "he doesn't workout" thing..:

He's 200 pounds but he never trains!!!!
Yeah I'm only 6', but I weight 165lbs and I've got a pretty good muscle tone. 6'3" 200lbs isn't even close to being "skinny".

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:30 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Yeah I'm only 6', but I weight 165lbs and I've got a pretty good muscle tone. 6'3" 200lbs isn't even close to being "skinny".
Well, it's not 200 pounds of muscle.
It's all fat and possibly baby weight!

Old
06-28-2012, 07:34 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Well, it's not 200 pounds of muscle.
It's all fat and possibly baby weight!
Plus, 200 lbs at 22 years of age is not surprising at all...it's not like he has 200 lbs at 18 or something...

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Let's be honest, he's staying in buffalo right now for the wings and beer. Working out lifting those burgers to his mouth, maybe.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:31 PM
McTank

Forgot about the malkin comparisons earlier in the year, THAT makes me a little excited

Old
06-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Forgot about the malkin comparisons earlier in the year, THAT makes me a little excited
I assume we're talking playing style? No way this guy reaches Malkin's level of dominance.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote