HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Will Buffalo move a center?

Old
06-23-2012, 12:54 PM
stokes84

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpooh View Post
What about something like this

Phoenix
Sends Keith Yandle to Philadelphia

Philadelphia
Sends James Van Riemsdyk to Buffalo
Sends Matt Reed/Brayden Schenn to Phoenix

Buffalo
Sends Derek Roy to Phoenix

Philadelphia gets the D to replace Pronger

Buffalo moves Roy and gets a power forward with size.

Phoenix gets a good center who can take over top line center, and should do better with size of Vermette and Hanzel behind him, and Doan on his wing. They also pick up a young forward who either had a great 1st year or a top prospect who has slipped a little, but is still a top player.
Philly gets ***** here.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpooh View Post
What about something like this

Phoenix
Sends Keith Yandle to Philadelphia

Philadelphia
Sends James Van Riemsdyk to Buffalo
Sends Matt Reed/Brayden Schenn to Phoenix

Buffalo
Sends Derek Roy to Phoenix

Philadelphia gets the D to replace Pronger

Buffalo moves Roy and gets a power forward with size.

Phoenix gets a good center who can take over top line center, and should do better with size of Vermette and Hanzel behind him, and Doan on his wing. They also pick up a young forward who either had a great 1st year or a top prospect who has slipped a little, but is still a top player.
I would do this, I doubt Philly or Phoenix would.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:14 PM
DuklaNation

Given his past history, Regier doesnt move a lot of his drafted players that often. Most of the roster (except dmen) are from their own drafting.

DuklaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:34 PM
N.Y. Orangeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
Hodgson's Daddy already has Regier on speed dial.
He is actually on the phone with a PI lawyer working on their case against the Canuck's medical staff.

N.Y. Orangeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Johnson View Post
So.... Sabres have drafted 4 Centermen it of 5 picks... All over 6'1"

Obviously they aren't gonna be on the team (except Grigs possibly). Right away... But you gotta think Luke Adam is expendable.... Even Tyler Ennis.

And obviously Roy if possible.
Adam is expendable. Ennis is certainly not - many people, including myself, think he'll be our best center next year.

I'd LOVE to think Roy was expendable, but I don't think he is... If Buffalo trades him, they go into the season with Ennis and Hodgson as the 1-2, which could easily be Buffalo's top 2 centers in a few years, but not next year. They'll probably roll 3 scoring lines, with Ennis getting semi protected minutes with Stafford and Foligno to create a dynamic (They were the Sabres' best line for at least the last month of the season) 3rd line, with Roy and Hodgson being the other scoring centers.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Paradigm

Roy + D Prospect for Luke Schenn? Lots of rumors surrounding his availability

Reunite Schenn and Myers; also improves the Sabres' depth so they can move another defenseman for a center.

Paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:00 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Adam is expendable. Ennis is certainly not - many people, including myself, think he'll be our best center next year.

I'd LOVE to think Roy was expendable, but I don't think he is... If Buffalo trades him, they go into the season with Ennis and Hodgson as the 1-2, which could easily be Buffalo's top 2 centers in a few years, but not next year. They'll probably roll 3 scoring lines, with Ennis getting semi protected minutes with Stafford and Foligno to create a dynamic (They were the Sabres' best line for at least the last month of the season) 3rd line, with Roy and Hodgson being the other scoring centers.
I wouldn't give Ennis up for futures...BUT...if Grigorenko can step in this season...I would consider him in a deal for a top line calibur talent like a Bobby Ryan.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:04 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
I wouldn't give Ennis up for futures...BUT...if Grigorenko can step in this season...I would consider him in a deal for a top line calibur talent like a Bobby Ryan.
Is Ennis not a top line caliber talent himself? IMO Ennis is already better than Ryan.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
Hodgson's Daddy already has Regier on speed dial.
This joke was funny the first Time ( and by funny I actually meant not at all). Us drafting these centers means nothing for Hodgson, because we could just move Ennis back to LW, Roy is a UFA in one season and aside from Grigorenko none of our draftees are close to making the team.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Is Ennis not a top line caliber talent himself? IMO Ennis is already better than Ryan.
Whoaaa, ok, let's calm down a bit here.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:09 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Whoaaa, ok, let's calm down a bit here.
What's to calm down about? Extrapolate Ennis's season over 82 games, and he scores more than Ryan. Extrapolate the second half of the season over 82 games, and he scores waaaaay more than Ryan.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:14 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
What's to calm down about? Extrapolate Ennis's season over 82 games, and he scores more than Ryan. Extrapolate the second half of the season over 82 games, and he scores waaaaay more than Ryan.
Ryan is a better goal scorer and waaaay more physical, plays against other team's top checkers/shutdown lines (which Ennis does not), and is better defensively.

IF (and it is still an if) Grigorenko can step in immediately, as a team I think the Sabres are better with Ryan as opposed to Ennis. Ennis will be a great player, but Ryan might be the better fit.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Yes, but it wasn't a full season. To say he would have accomplished the same things he did while playing his 48 games in the 34 games he missed is probably not accurate. I LOVE Ennis. I eventually think he will be better than Ryan (Maybe even next year), but Ryan has scored more than 30 goals 3 years in a row now. Ennis hasn't hit 30 yet, and hasn't even hit 50 points, either. Ennis is going to be a great player, but let's wait until he is to start saying he's better than established players.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

Quote:
This....

I meant Adam is expendable.... And I'd move Ennis for the right deal.

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
stokes84

Quote:
Ryan is a better goal scorer and waaaay more physical, plays against other team's top checkers/shutdown lines (which Ennis does not), and is better defensively.

IF (and it is still an if) Grigorenko can step in immediately, as a team I think the Sabres are better with Ryan as opposed to Ennis. Ennis will be a great player, but Ryan might be the better fit.
Trading Ennis is a death sentence for Stafford. I would be willing to move anyone on this team outside of Myers and anyone on the FES line. That's just the way I view it.

Old
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

Quote:
No and no.

Old
Havok89

Quote:
So.... Sabres have drafted 4 Centermen it of 5 picks... All over 6'1"

Obviously they aren't gonna be on the team (except Grigs possibly). Right away... But you gotta think Luke Adam is expendable.... Even Tyler Ennis.

And obviously Roy if possible.
Just because we draft two centers, doesn't make Tyler Ennis expendable. He put up 20 goals, 49 points on the wing in his rookie season, there's no reason he can't be slotted next to Hodgson or Grigorenko in the future.

We'll have the comfort knowing he can be moved to center at any time if there's injuries.

Derek Roy is needed for this season. He's our only veteran center that has proven he can handle the top minutes, and defensive zone starts.

I don't know what to think about Adam. He could be a good scoring left winger in the future. I believe he'll be used in a trade to aquire a roster player for immediate help.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

We drafted 4 centers.

They've been trying to move Roy for a year.... I'm fine going forward with Ennis and Hodgson and a FA 3rd liner.

Roy as the top center on this team has accomplished jack ****

The real point was we have options now.... Trade for top line talent.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:24 PM
stokes84

Quote:
We drafted 4 centers.

They've been trying to move Roy for a year.... I'm fine going forward with Ennis and Hodgson and a FA 3rd liner.

Roy as the top center on this team has accomplished jack ****.....
They did win a NE division title with him as the top center, so your statement is false.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

Quote:
They did win a NE division title with him as the top center, so your statement is false.
That is nothing. Just like presidents trophies are nothing.

There is one thing worth winning and we haven't been close since Roy became top dog.... They don't carve your name in the presidents trophy.?.. You don't get North East championship rings.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Havok89

Quote:
Ryan scored 30 goals in his first 4 seasons. Ennis has top line caliber potential, but Ryan is already there.

I'd rather Buffalo keep Ennis (who can play center) and try to aquire Ryan with other pieces.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
We drafted 4 centers.

The thing is, do we want Ennis going against top defenses now? I don't think so. Let's make the defenses choose who to defend. Either they'll choose the Ennis line, or the Roy line - someone's going to be left free to prosper.

Also, Roy wasn't good last year because of a lingering injury. Injuries like that almost always recover fully right before the player's second season afterward: ie, this one.

I don't like Roy too much, but I'd be fine with keeping him.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

Quote:
The thing is, do we want Ennis going against top defenses now? I don't think so. Let's make the defenses choose who to defend. Either they'll choose the Ennis line, or the Roy line - someone's going to be left free to prosper.

Also, Roy wasn't good last year because of a lingering injury. Injuries like that almost always recover fully right before the player's second season afterward: ie, this one.

I don't like Roy too much, but I'd be fine with keeping him.

Ennis is gonna be in year 3....you gotta sink or swim at some point.

I just like the idea of getting rid of a guy a year early instead of a year late.... Plus Roy is kind of a lazy player.... I don't want him around the young guys. I want the folignos, hodgsons, Myers etc to have to step up as leaders and I can see how Roy could impede that a bit.....

There's a lot of offseason left... Maybe make a move for a vet center under contract for a few years...

I'm not saying scrap Roy and go ahead with the season.... Use him as an asset.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
We drafted 4 centers.

The team has accomplished jack **** with Vanek as our top winger. Let's trade him too, right?

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Grigorenko for Kassian

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote