HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh Interested in Ryan Suter's Rights

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2012, 01:18 AM
  #26
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
 
Trance Kuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth.
Country: United States
Posts: 45,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
I'm not quite sure why Suter would want to play in Chicago and be their 3rd best defenseman and reduce his TOI to around 20:00 a night.
He wouldn't. That's why I said what I said...

Trance Kuja is online now  
Old
06-23-2012, 01:46 AM
  #27
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury
 
Letang fan 58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,774
vCash: 500
Even though its possible the Pens could be interested in Suter, its much more likely that Parise would be the target.

That plus Rob Rossi is a full blown retard.

Letang fan 58 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:34 AM
  #28
2287
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
First Rossi is a joke. Suter is probably going to have a cap hit of around 8 million or so. Pens have about 55 million already spent and the cap will not be staying at 70 million after the CBA is completed

2287 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 07:15 AM
  #29
Superstar Shane
Registered User
 
Superstar Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Letang-yandle
Suter-orpik
Martin-bouwmeester

There you go the 2012 pens defense
I think they should do something with Martin too. Maybe trade him for... I don't know... Chara? Doughty, maybe?

Superstar Shane is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 07:35 AM
  #30
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs
 
Brewsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: King County
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,042
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
K relax Pens stop ruining it for the rest of us, this isn't NHL 12 you'll get PARISE already let us have some of the talent

Brewsky is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 08:06 AM
  #31
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MGoBlue2 View Post
Lol as a Wings fan I've followed Suter extensively. He wants to remain in the West and has showed no interest in the Pens. Don't get me wrong the Pens are a very good hockey team, but it would be a waste for them to trade for his rights.
I don't care where Suter signs, but posts like this are a waste of internet oxygen. You've followed him extensively! And he's shown no signs of being interested in the Pens!

He's shown no signs of being interested in a team which, until about 15 hours ago, had $2.25 in cap space?

But more importantly: really, who has he shown interest in, being under contract and no talking about it publicly.

So what you probably meant was, "lol i read a lot of hockeybuzz, and no one ever listed the pens, also: red wings therefore aliens"

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 08:06 AM
  #32
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
K relax Pens stop ruining it for the rest of us, this isn't NHL 12 you'll get PARISE already let us have some of the talent
Ray Shero has Holmgren envy.

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 08:11 AM
  #33
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,385
vCash: 500
I've said all along that Shero will find a way to make a serious bid for Suter. He just can't help himself when it comes to former Preds.

I still think Suter goes to Detroit. Although Shero's history with Suter could help the Pens if they want him. I know it didn't help with Hamhuis but it certainly did with Vokoun recently.

Captain Hook is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 08:22 AM
  #34
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosberry87 View Post
must have all the defensemen
Gotta catch'em all!

AwesomePanthers is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 02:06 PM
  #35
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie
 
TheNeutrality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,945
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Gotta catch'em all!


TheNeutrality is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 02:20 PM
  #36
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Letang-yandle
Suter-orpik
Martin-bouwmeester

There you go the 2012 pens defense
Letang and Yandle on the same line is a nightmare.

For Pittsburgh.

Wingsfan2965* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:03 PM
  #37
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
I don't know how credible he is but:

Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller
Here at NHL Draft hearing Suter is going to sign with Detroit and Parise will go to Penguins #Flyers

Wingsfan2965* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:22 PM
  #38
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover
 
Zen Arcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 13,942
vCash: 500
Rossi. Doesn't. Stop.

Zen Arcade is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:26 PM
  #39
domaug*
Flahr Pahr
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Archbald, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
I don't know how credible he is but:

Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller
Here at NHL Draft hearing Suter is going to sign with Detroit and Parise will go to Penguins #Flyers
well, it's not Rossi or Eklund reporting it, so it's a start...

domaug* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:31 PM
  #40
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?
 
Ogelthorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Letang and Yandle on the same line is a nightmare.

For Pittsburgh.
Yandle and JBo will not be Penguins. Suter maybe, but I don't see that happening either.

Ogelthorpe is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:36 PM
  #41
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
Yandle and JBo will not be Penguins. Suter maybe, but I don't see that happening either.
I think Suter's agent was full of it when he denied the report that he was gonna stay West. Posturing for a bigger contract.

Wingsfan2965* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 06:26 PM
  #42
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood
 
Ragamuffin Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 15,456
vCash: 500
IMO if the Pens get Parise July 1st, they have a great shot at Suter. He's gotta know that him and ZP on the Pens make them the favorites by a huge margin:

Parise - Crosby - FA/Trade
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy

Letang - Suter
Orpik - Nisky
Engellend - Despres

MAF
Vok

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 10:52 PM
  #43
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
IMO if the Pens get Parise July 1st, they have a great shot at Suter. He's gotta know that him and ZP on the Pens make them the favorites by a huge margin:

Parise - Crosby - FA/Trade
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy

Letang - Suter
Orpik - Nisky
Engellend - Despres

MAF
Vok
I can only assume that no fourth line is included because they wouldn't be able to fit one under the salary cap.

Probably have to knock some off the third too...

Wingsfan2965* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 12:14 AM
  #44
Dylonus
Registered User
 
Dylonus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 10,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
I don't know how credible he is but:

Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller
Here at NHL Draft hearing Suter is going to sign with Detroit and Parise will go to Penguins #Flyers
I will seriously run out and buy a Parise jersey that day if that happens.

Dylonus is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 12:19 AM
  #45
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood
 
Ragamuffin Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 15,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
I can only assume that no fourth line is included because they wouldn't be able to fit one under the salary cap.

Probably have to knock some off the third too...
lol, you Wings fans must be pretty pissed about the possibility of losing Suter to Pit.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 12:53 AM
  #46
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
lol, you Wings fans must be pretty pissed about the possibility of losing Suter to Pit.
No, I'm actually laughing at the fact that you really think Suter and Parise could both go to Pitt.

Going just by the roster that you yourself supplied, if Crosby gets $9M, and Suter and Parise get $7M each, even if Niskanen's cap hit doesn't go anywhere, Pittsburgh would have $6.5M left to sign seven players.

That's after they find somebody stupid enough to take Martin that Martin would actually waive his NMC to go to.

And that's before the new CBA makes any affect on the cap. But please, do tell me about more. Maybe you've convinced yourself that Crosby will take $7M a year while Parise and Suter will both take $5M.


Last edited by Wingsfan2965*: 06-24-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Wingsfan2965* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:42 AM
  #47
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood
 
Ragamuffin Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 15,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
No, I'm actually laughing at the fact that you really think Suter and Parise could both go to Pitt.

Going just by the roster that you yourself supplied, if Crosby gets $9M, and Suter and Parise get $7M each, even if Niskanen's cap hit doesn't go anywhere, Pittsburgh would have $6.5M left to sign seven players.

That's after they find somebody stupid enough to take Martin that Martin would actually waive his NMC to go to.

And that's before the new CBA makes any affect on the cap. But please, do tell me about more. Maybe you've convinced yourself that Crosby will take $7M a year while Parise and Suter will both take $5M.
I honestly don't think we'll get both, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

The Pens will send Martin to WBS if they can't trade him so that's not an issue. Sid will take 8.7M again, so that's not an issue either:

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Pascal Dupuis ($1.500m)
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / James Neal ($5.000m)
Matt Cooke ($1.800m) / Brandon Sutter ($2.067m) / Tyler Kennedy ($2.000m)
Dustin Jeffrey ($0.575m) / Joe Vitale ($0.550m) / Eric Tangradi ($0.800m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kris Letang ($3.500m) / Ryan Suter ($7.000m)
Brooks Orpik ($3.750m) / Matt Niskanen ($2.500m)
Simon Despres ($0.840m) / Deryk Engelland ($0.567m)
GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m)
Tomas Vokoun ($2.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,573,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,726,667

You were saying...

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:04 AM
  #48
Dylonus
Registered User
 
Dylonus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 10,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
I honestly don't think we'll get both, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

The Pens will send Martin to WBS if they can't trade him so that's not an issue. Sid will take 8.7M again, so that's not an issue either:

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Pascal Dupuis ($1.500m)
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / James Neal ($5.000m)
Matt Cooke ($1.800m) / Brandon Sutter ($2.067m) / Tyler Kennedy ($2.000m)
Dustin Jeffrey ($0.575m) / Joe Vitale ($0.550m) / Eric Tangradi ($0.800m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kris Letang ($3.500m) / Ryan Suter ($7.000m)
Brooks Orpik ($3.750m) / Matt Niskanen ($2.500m)
Simon Despres ($0.840m) / Deryk Engelland ($0.567m)
GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m)
Tomas Vokoun ($2.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,573,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,726,667

You were saying...
So... Uhh... Where is the money we'll need the following year to keep Letang?

If you think he's not going to command Karlsson money, you're in for a rude awakening...

Dylonus is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 03:43 AM
  #49
James Franco
Registered User
 
James Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
So are the Ducks. They cleared up 5 million in cap on the back end to spend on a young defensemen

James Franco is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 05:17 AM
  #50
Adityase
Registered User
 
Adityase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Adityase
Wings fan here and I think this is a great move for Shero. If the rumors of Parise being interested in Pitt are true, why not take a shot. They'll make Suter thing about it hard. And he's more likely to give a discount if he's playing with Parise.

So mad the Preds are in our division cause they could probably never live down trading his rights to us.

Adityase is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.