HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Welcome back, Zbynek

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2012, 11:35 PM
  #51
Guest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,239
vCash: 500
Welcome back Z! He may not have been in Pittsburgh what he was in Phoenix, but neither was Bryz. System and coaching have a lot to do with how players perform. I am very excited to see him coming back home to the Coyotes!

That's quite a blueline now:
OEL, Yandle, Morris, Michalek, Klesla plus Schlemko, Stone, Summers and Runblad knocking on the door? I'm very excited to welcome back Z.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:37 PM
  #52
Sindiggy
STH Row 206 Row D
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Welcome back Z! He may not have been in Pittsburgh what he was in Phoenix, but neither was Bryz. System and coaching have a lot to do with how players perform. I am very excited to see him coming back home to the Coyotes!

That's quite a blueline now:
OEL, Yandle, Morris, Michalek, Klesla plus Schlemko, Stone, Summers and Runblad knocking on the door? I'm very excited to welcome back Z.
You also forgot about Gormley.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:40 PM
  #53
Guest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,239
vCash: 500
Gormley is young enough and with 5 solid guys ahead of him in the depth chart it's worth him playing top minutes in Portland. It's a toss up and I really feel that this now affords us the opportunity to trade the depth defense if we can find a deal that can upgrade us at forward.

It's a salary dump by Pittsburgh, make no mistake about it. They are clearing a lot of salary right now so there is probably something in their plans and they have not revealed what they plan on doing just yet. I'd love to hear how it went down, if Maloney and Shero had been discussing it over the summer, if Shero decided to shop him and offered to Don because of Z's history.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:44 PM
  #54
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 40,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Gormley is young enough and with 5 solid guys ahead of him in the depth chart it's worth him playing top minutes in Portland. It's a toss up and I really feel that this now affords us the opportunity to trade the depth defense if we can find a deal that can upgrade us at forward.

It's a salary dump by Pittsburgh, make no mistake about it. They are clearing a lot of salary right now so there is probably something in their plans and they have not revealed what they plan on doing just yet. I'd love to hear how it went down, if Maloney and Shero had been discussing it over the summer, if Shero decided to shop him and offered to Don because of Z's history.
I'd put money on shero telling z hes getting dumped and asking where he'd like to go. Z says PHX. That's my guess.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:47 PM
  #55
Shepard
Registered User
 
Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 781
vCash: 500
I'm ecstatic over this news. Our blue line has no reason not to be beastly this year.

Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:49 PM
  #56
Fathead
Registered User
 
Fathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd put money on shero telling z hes getting dumped and asking where he'd like to go. Z says PHX. That's my guess.
Z did have a Limited NTC (player can supply eight-team no-trade list).

Fathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:54 PM
  #57
Shoofyou10
Registered User
 
Shoofyou10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
I'm sad that we gave Z back to you guys. I like the Yotes and wish you and Z best of luck. Hopefully we can use this cap space to make something happen like Parise.

Shoofyou10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:57 PM
  #58
0point1
Own(er)ed
 
0point1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: Mexico
Posts: 953
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
That's quite a blueline now:
OEL, Yandle, Morris, Michalek, Klesla plus Schlemko, Stone, Summers and Runblad knocking on the door? I'm very excited to welcome back Z.
It is great to have Z but now I am worrying we are going to lose one or more of the other guys.

0point1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:58 PM
  #59
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 14,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd put money on shero telling z hes getting dumped and asking where he'd like to go. Z says PHX. That's my guess.
Shero has something up his sleeve. But I'm glad the Yotes can benefit. Wish y'all the best.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:03 AM
  #60
triplej
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
I'm jumping around getting Z back,
but I don't want to loose old man acoin
Rozi- not so much

triplej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:08 AM
  #61
Sindiggy
STH Row 206 Row D
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplej View Post
I'm jumping around getting Z back,
but I don't want to loose old man acoin
Rozi- not so much
Both of them are goners. Aucoin is old and this year proved that you can't rely on him to stay healthy, he's just done, should retire and help coach.

Make no mistake, our "D" just improved immensely, Z is light years better defensively than Aucoin or Rozy...plus he moves the puck quickly up the ice, something that Rozy and Aucoin had difficulty doing, not because they can't do it, but they never could get to the puck quick enough to be able to get rid of it up the ice. Z can get to the puck and move it out.

Plus, our PK just got a whole lot better!

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:29 AM
  #62
drgregg
Registered User
 
drgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Shero has something up his sleeve. But I'm glad the Yotes can benefit. Wish y'all the best.
Thanks! The good wishes from the Pens fanbase in this thread are great. You guys are all class, and good luck back to you in being able to use the extra cap room.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:45 AM
  #63
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee
 
TheLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Anxiety Closet
Country: United States
Posts: 3,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat Ultra View Post
getting a player back that made it clear he did not want to play in phoenix
Correction...

He did not want to play with the ownership situation being in limbo because he had just started a family and wanted stability.

Since he had a limited NTC in Pittburgh he had a choice if he wanted to come back here or not. Apparently things are good enough for that.

But nice try anyway....

TheLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:46 AM
  #64
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee
 
TheLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Anxiety Closet
Country: United States
Posts: 3,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Shero has something up his sleeve. But I'm glad the Yotes can benefit. Wish y'all the best.
It's Zach Parise.

TheLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:55 AM
  #65
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 40,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
It's Zach Parise.
Or Alex Semin at least. Maybe Suter.

That'd be strange if he dealt a Staal and picked up a Suter and a Sutter.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:55 AM
  #66
Llewzaher
Registered User
 
Llewzaher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 500
Does this mean Yandle is going somewhere ?

Llewzaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:56 AM
  #67
yotesreign
Registered User
 
yotesreign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Goldwater Blvd
Country: United States
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
Both of them are goners. Aucoin is old and this year proved that you can't rely on him to stay healthy, he's just done, should retire and help coach.

Make no mistake, our "D" just improved immensely, Z is light years better defensively than Aucoin or Rozy...plus he moves the puck quickly up the ice, something that Rozy and Aucoin had difficulty doing, not because they can't do it, but they never could get to the puck quick enough to be able to get rid of it up the ice. Z can get to the puck and move it out.

Plus, our PK just got a whole lot better!
I agree about AA & glad to have Z back!

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:59 AM
  #68
Sindiggy
STH Row 206 Row D
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
Nope...Z is a replacement for Rozy and Aucoin. Let's face it, Rozy wasn't very good and Aucoin is old, slow and was in the infirmary almost all year.

OEL/Michalek (imagine the latitude OEL can have knowing Z is covering, hello 50+ pts)
Yandle/DeMo
Klesla/Rundblad
Schlemko/Stone/Summers/Gormley

We really do need to trade a couple "D"men for early 2nd rounders to take Bozon, Frk, Collberg, Aberg, Winther, etc...

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:11 AM
  #69
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 40,112
vCash: 500
I'd trade Schlemko, and Bissonnette to Toronto for Lombardi and Brown. Then I'd do everything possible to keep Whitney and Doan.

Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Doan-Vermette-Boedker
Korpikoski-Lombardi-Brule
Torres/Pyatt-Gordon-Brown
Chipchura

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Morris
Klesla-Rundblad
Summers/Stone

Smith
Not LOL


...works for me. That'd be great. If only we can hang onto Doaner and Ray.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:42 AM
  #70
Llewzaher
Registered User
 
Llewzaher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 500
Maybe Maloney will pull a Carolina and go for the Brother from Ottawa

Llewzaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:44 AM
  #71
DaveTippetsCoyotes
Registered User
 
DaveTippetsCoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=635782

I take a lot of pride in playing for Phoenix, Michalek said. Im really happy to be back, and it feels like Im coming back home. Im really happy it worked out this way. I like the way the team is going.

DaveTippetsCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:54 AM
  #72
Stump
Registered User
 
Stump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cupcake Summit
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
OEL/Z
Yandle/Demo
Klesla/Rundblad
Schlemko/Stone/Summers
That's a nice looking defence right there.

Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:11 AM
  #73
SniperHF
Moderator
aufheben's Coyote
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 13,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
...works for me. That'd be great. If only we can hang onto Doaner and Ray.
Even just one of them and the line up on paper is significantly stronger than last seasons IMO.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:54 AM
  #74
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~
 
Swat Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Correction...

He did not want to play with the ownership situation being in limbo because he had just started a family and wanted stability.

Since he had a limited NTC in Pittburgh he had a choice if he wanted to come back here or not. Apparently things are good enough for that.

But nice try anyway....

so he took a pay-cut to go play somewhere else.....

And we still have zero done in the ownership mess....


only thing that could of changed is he saw the grass on the other-side and did not find it greener

Swat Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:38 AM
  #75
kingbrutis
Registered User
 
kingbrutis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,058
vCash: 500
Wow we better have a 1.88 gaa to compete with LA.

kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.