HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Welcome back, Zbynek

Old
06-25-2012, 03:00 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
He never had the left handed version of himself to pick up the slack. In the sixty games a year Klesla is actually able to play in, he ought to really take a ton of the workload off of Z's shoulders.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=636057

Quote:
While nothing is written in stone, the initial plan is for Michalek to play with 20-year-old Swede Oliver Eklman-Larsson as a shut-down defensive pairing.
Quote:
I really feel like the Coyotes are my team and Im excited to be coming home, Michalek said. I cant wait to step back on the ice in a Coyotes uniform and play in front of the fans that I had a really good relationship with when I was there. Hopefully they will support me again.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:16 PM
PhoPhan

Interesting. Yandle and Morris stay together, so I assume this means Klesla is there to hold a rookie's hand. Rundblad seems the most probable, if only because both Gormley and Summers are lefties and Stone is more likely to start in the AHL.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
While nothing is written in stone, the initial plan is for Michalek to play with 20-year-old Swede Oliver Eklman-Larsson as a shut-down defensive pairing.

Every other team in the league: How are we going to score?

Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:20 PM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
Every other team in the league: How are we going to score?

krepitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:39 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Interesting. Yandle and Morris stay together, so I assume this means Klesla is there to hold a rookie's hand. Rundblad seems the most probable, if only because both Gormley and Summers are lefties and Stone is more likely to start in the AHL.
Yandle and Morris are better as the 3/4 guys. Even though the post from one of the Edmonton bloggers did not have all of the right info on Yandle, it did say that he was much maligned when facing another teams top unit. Moving him down to the 3/4 pairing could give a 50 point season for him...

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:58 PM
mitch27

A pairing of OEL and Michalek? I'm all giddy just thinking about it. Good luck top lines of the Pacific Division...

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:15 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
A pairing of OEL and Michalek? I'm all giddy just thinking about it. Good luck top lines of the Pacific Division...
Potential nickname for OEL + Z: The Alpha-Bit Pair!

IPreferPi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:50 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
Yandle and Morris are better as the 3/4 guys. Even though the post from one of the Edmonton bloggers did not have all of the right info on Yandle, it did say that he was much maligned when facing another teams top unit. Moving him down to the 3/4 pairing could give a 50 point season for him...
so you expect a mediocre season for Jelly?
I'll go out on a limb and say if things turn out in Coyotes favor, Jelly will have a Career season,70 points isn't unrealistic! 3-4 guys? more like 1a and 1b. Oh I do think that Oliver will continue improving his offense.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:23 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

How many points Yandle racks up is probably contingent on how crappy our PP is. I do think he can be more effective with less minutes though. We didn't see that end to end rush as much last season where he would just take over a shift as we did in 10-11.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:28 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
At even strength, I'd expect the minutes to be spread pretty evenly over the course of the season (varying based on opponent), but Yandle is likely going to see top powerplay time, perhaps along with Rundblad (if he's the one who makes it as the #6), while Michalek and Klesla will likely be the top PK unit. OEL will probably start off on the second unit for both the penalty kill and powerplay, if only to keep him from being overexposed to quickly.

But I also think assigning numbers is sort of silly. If it were up to me, I'd probably give Yandle and OEL about 23 minutes on an average night with Morris, Klesla and Michalek getting about 19 or 20 apiece, leaving about 16 or so. If Rundblad/Gormley/whoever can't handle 16 minutes a night off the bat, I'd expect Schlemko to get those minutes until the rookie is ready.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
DesertDawg

I do believe that Schlemko deserves regular minutes. With his low salary and style of play, there should be teams out there willing to take him on, but with the lack of exposure there seems to be no one willing to...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:00 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
so you expect a mediocre season for Jelly?
I'll go out on a limb and say if things turn out in Coyotes favor, Jelly will have a Career season,70 points isn't unrealistic! 3-4 guys? more like 1a and 1b. Oh I do think that Oliver will continue improving his offense.
No, look at Yandle's 59 point year two years ago. He was great on the PP with 25 assists. I am not expecting a jump from the 25-30 position to a top 10 position on the PP. I would reckon that Yandle's upside is 60 points. So, 50 points is a very good year for him. It depends on if he decides to start throwing the puck towards the a few more times, or if he does the usual shot fake or tries to golf a bouncing puck. Those decisions result in mis-hits or hesitating to where a player can close the shot angle.

Im fine with Yandle getting 40-45 points and playing better defensively.

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:42 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Wideman geting 26mil is just a precursor to the madness that will occur on July 1st. Suter will get eight milkion bucks. Bottom pairing defensemen like Salvador, Allen, and Gill will get four million bucks.

We will be so thankful that we got a first pairing, shut down, elite PK D for table scraps and a comparatively paltry three year, twelve million dollar deal.

I love you Don.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:36 PM
OKHoosier41218

Thrilled to see Z back.

I was talking to someone a day or two before the draft and noted how many Coyotes players were left from the team that I used to regularly watch when I lived in AZ (2008). I think I could only name four (Doan, Morris, Hanzal, and Yandle). I love to see how far the team has come on the ice since then.

OKHoosier41218 is offline   Reply With Quote