HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parade and Fan Rally 6/14/2012

Old
06-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

vCash: 500
Parade and Fan Rally 6/14/2012

... figured we should have a thread to get the info out ASAP.

Be proud LA, your LA Kings are STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS for the first time ever following tonight's Game Six victory over New Jersey. Thank You to ALL of our fans who stayed with us and made this journey so special.

Stanley Cup Championship Celebration & Stanley Cup Championship Rally:
The LA Kings will host a parade on Thursday, June 14th. The parade will begin at 12pm on 5th St. & Figueroa, go down Figueroa to L.A. LIVE and STAPLES Center. Please note, L.A. Live Plaza will be closed to non-ticketed patrons, so we suggest you watch along Figueroa.

There will also be a rally for the Kings at STAPLES Center at 2:30pm. The event is ticketed on a first-come, first-served basis.
•Season Ticket Members: 10 a.m. access
•General Public: 6 p.m. access

NOTE: •Fans with tickets for the SOLD OUT STAPLES Center Rally event scheduled later in the day may show their tickets to enter special viewing areas along Chick Hearn Ct. on the south side of the street in STAPLES Center’s Star Plaza or on the north side of the street in L.A. LIVE’s Nokia Plaza. Only those with tickets for the Rally can enter these areas due to the plaza's limited space.

LA KINGS.COM UPDATE: LOS ANGELES (June 11, 2012) - To celebrate winning the NHL Stanley Cup Championship for the first time in franchise history, the Los Angeles Kings and AEG will host a championship parade down Figueroa St. and celebratory rally inside of STAPLES Center on Thursday, June 14th.

PARADE - begins at Noon at 5th & Figueroa Streets

The day of celebration will begin at noon at the corner of Figueroa and West 5th Streets with Los Angeles' traditional parade of championship teams down Figueroa to STAPLES Center and L.A. LIVE. Players and their families, coaches, staff, broadcasters, alumni, the Ice Crew, mascot Bailey and other VIP's will ride on double decker busses and other specially decorated vehicles along with the Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe Trophy and Clarence Campbell Bowl to be acknowledged by fans lining the parade route.

Kings fans planning to attend Thursday's victory parade are highly encouraged to line the one-mile Figueroa Street parade route between 5th Street to the north and Chick Hearn Ct. to the south (on both sides of the street), as all the immediate areas adjacent to STAPLES Center and L.A. LIVE will be controlled by the Los Angeles Police Department and Department of Transportation with limited access.

The parade is expected to last 30-45 minutes.

ORDER OF PARADE:

•Bus 1: Stoll, Lewis, King, Williams, Cliché, Clarence Campbell Bowl
•Bus 2: Mitchell, Scuderi, Voynov, Martinez, Drewiske
•Bus 3: Bernier, Parse, Westgarth, Lotkionov
•Semi: Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe Trophy, Quick, Brown, Greene, Kopitar,
•Bus 4: Fraser, Nolan, Gagne, Richardson, Clifford
•Bus 5: Dean Lombardi, Darryl Sutter, Hockey Operations Staff
•Bus 6: Doughty, Richards, Carter, Penner, Muzzin

The Kings also encourage all fans to remember to celebrate safely and responsibly, as the parade will be a family event, and small children will be present. Parents are reminded to keep their children close to prevent them from becoming separated from their groups. Attendees are

also encouraged to drink water and use sunscreen, as many are likely to be standing along Figueroa for several hours and the forecast calls for sunny weather.

Fans with tickets for the STAPLES Center Rally event scheduled later in the day may show their tickets to enter special viewing areas along Chick Hearn Ct. on the south side of the street in STAPLES Center's Star Plaza or on the north side of the street in L.A. LIVE's Nokia Plaza. Only those with tickets for the Rally can enter these areas.

Restaurants within L.A. LIVE will remain open during parade hours, yet access will be limited to the district's northern entrance off Olympic Boulevard.

FAN RALLY - begins at 2:30 inside STAPLES Center

The Los Angeles Kings will produce a special "Championship Rally" inside of STAPLES Center for their fans. Beginning at 2:30 PM, the 60-minute ticketed event will include specially-produced video highlights from the season, introductions of the entire team, coaching staff and executives with speeches and reactions from many of the players in addition to special presentations and surprises.

Tickets for this once-in-a-lifetime event are completely free. Priority will be given to season ticket members and suite and premier seat owners who will receive a special password via email from the LA Kings, STAPLES Center or AEG to reserve and print tickets beginning at noon on Tuesday, June 12th, with a maximum of four tickets per account.

Access to any remaining tickets for the general public will begin at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, June 12. Tickets can be reserved at www.lakings.com/parade and will be available on a first come, first served basis with a maximum of four tickets per order.

STAPLES Center will open at approximately 1:00 PM on Thursday to fans with tickets. All refreshment stands and TEAM LA locations will be open until the end of the rally.

Toyota, McDonald's, Verizon, Mercury Insurance Group and Rocco's Old School Products signed on to be Presenting Sponsors of The Western Conference Finals, The Stanley Cup Final and the Stanley Cup Celebration Parade and Rally.

PARKING and PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION

There will be numerous public parking lots available for fans along the parade route. Prices will vary. With no major event scheduled, ample parking will be available in the Los Angeles Convention Center lots. STAPLES Center lots will also be open. Exact locations and parking rates can be found at www.staplescenter.com

Fans and media are encouraged to take advantage of the plethora of public transportation options that serve downtown, STAPLES Center and L.A. LIVE. Of particular note are the light rail stations at Pico and Flower serving both the Blue and (new) Expo Lines and the 7th & Figueroa St. Metro Station located mid-way of the parade route. Members of the downtown business community as well as residents can reach the parade route by taking the Dash bus line operated by Metro.

STREET CLOSURES - beginning at 4 AM

Besides the Figueroa Street parade route between 5th Street and 11th St./Chick Hearn Ct., the LAPD and DOT will close the following streets in the immediate STAPLES Center and L.A. LIVE area:
•Figueroa Street between 3rd Street and Pico Blvd.
•11th Street/Chick Hearn Court between Figueroa and Cherry Street
•L.A. LIVE Way (formerly Cherry Street) between Olympic and Pico Blvds

LAPD/DOT will begin closing the immediate area surrounding STAPLES Center and L.A. LIVE approximately 4 AM (PDT) on June 14th.

OFFICIAL STANLEY CUP MERCHANDISE / TEAM LA STORES

Official Los Angeles Kings 2012 Stanley Cup Championship merchandise is available now while supplies last at all TEAM LA Store locations including STAPLES Center, ESPN Zone L.A. LIVE and Nokia Plaza L.A. LIVE. Now thru Tuesday, June 19th, most locations will open at 8 AM and all will stay open until 8 PM and feature official commemorative 2012 Stanley Cup Champions apparel, souvenirs and collectibles. Fans can also shop online at www.teamlastore.com

LIVE TELEVISION BROADCAST

The LA Kings Broadcast Partner FOX Sports West will provide comprehensive live coverage of all festivities including the parade and rally from STAPLES Center. Also on Tuesday, June

12th, Prime Ticket will air a programming marathon of all four series-clinching games from the 2012 Playoffs.

Last edited by Puck U: 06-13-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Thursday at noon is the report.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Shootmaster_44

KTLA just said their coverage starts at 1130 AM Pacific. I just set my PVR to tape from 11 AM until 2 PM. I figure 3 hours must be long enough to capture the whole thing.

They said it will start at 5th and Figueroa and travel south down Figueroa. It will turn on to Chick Hearn Court and stop in front of Staples Center.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:45 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

A bunch of info about the Thursday events at this link:

http://www.foxsportswest.com/06/11/1...32&feedID=3707

There is a free fan rally inside Staples Center at 2:30 Thursday, after the parade but you need a ticket. Tickets for non-season-seat holders are first come first served so check the info definitely!

Also there's info there for the Tuesday marathon on FSW replaying all 4 series-clinching wins, running throughout the day starting at 9 am.

Woohoo!

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:48 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

So mad I'm not going to be in town to see this. You guys better take some videos!

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

Plan the mf parade!!!

Next years, I mean

Too early to talk back to back?

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Parade and Fan Rally Roll Call (Two Separate Events)

Okay, who is going?

I will be there for both. As soon as it opens this morning (10 a.m.) I am going to "purchase" (tickets are free) the max four tickets for the fan rally at 2:30 p.m. (after the parade).

It's going to be awesome! Taking off work that day. I will have to get out of there fast though, as my son's graduation is 2 hours later and is about 30 miles away.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

My work is on 6th and Fig and the parade starts at 5th and Figueroa. Taking a half day on Thursday.. wooooot!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

I'll be there. I have no idea how the details will play out considering I've never cared about a championship parade before in my life, but I will definitely be there.

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

I'm flying out Thursday morning. Will arrive at LAX at 8 am, should be plenty of time to get downtown.

I hope to get tickets to the rally too.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:02 PM
losingsand

anyone have a password for the 10am release?

losingsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Ticketmaster sucks.

I can't get in...my password isn't working, or whatever.

Have to call my season ticket rep.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Bandit

Has anyone been able to get tickets to the rally? Wondering if the site is down or if they're really all gone, as it's telling me nothing's available...

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:15 PM
kingscup
MBML

Send a message via AIM to kingscup
Hoping there are some tickets to the rally left at 6pm tonight, not a STH, but dying to go.

kingscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Has anyone been able to get tickets to the rally? Wondering if the site is down or if they're really all gone, as it's telling me nothing's available...
Yeah that is ********, considering we are the first ones in. They can't be ALL gone. Unless they were all sold to ticket brokers and this is a bait and switch.

My rep didn't answer his phone. I sent him an e-mail. Will follow up in this thread from my mobile phone...I do have to go to work now.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:18 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Something's up with the presale... tickets were showing as unavailable (tried to get 4). Tried again requesting 2 and it went through. Tried to get the other 2 tickets and no go again. I hope every STH'er will be able to get tickets. :\

My tickets are in Section 114 so there has to be plenty of tickets still left. I'm guessing it's a glitch.

EDIT: Just tried again and got the other 2. Premier seats this time. Keep trying everyone. Try requesting 2 seats instead of 4.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Tony which one did you purchase, the Staples Premium offer or the Kings STM offer? I don't know the difference between the two, if there is one.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Yeah that is ********, considering we are the first ones in. They can't be ALL gone. Unless they were all sold to ticket brokers and this is a bait and switch.

My rep didn't answer his phone. I sent him an e-mail. Will follow up in this thread from my mobile phone...I do have to go to work now.
I was just able to get tickets. Just kept on trying till it worked. Unrelated note: but ticketmaster's captchas are ridiculous.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Something's up with the presale... tickets were showing as unavailable (tried to get 4). Tried again requesting 2 and it went through. Tried to get the other 2 tickets and no go again. I hope every STH'er will be able to get tickets. :\

My tickets are in Section 114 so there has to be plenty of tickets still left. I'm guessing it's a glitch.

EDIT: Just tried again and got the other 2. Premier seats this time. Keep trying everyone. Try requesting 2 seats instead of 4.
Yeah I was able to get 4 in pr6, just had to keep trying.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:25 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Tony which one did you purchase, the Staples Premium offer or the Kings STM offer? I don't know the difference between the two, if there is one.
STM offer.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I was just able to get tickets. Just kept on trying till it worked. Unrelated note: but ticketmaster's captchas are ridiculous.
Yeah, which one did you get, the Staples premium offer or the Kings STM offer? I don't know what "stm" stands for.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
STM offer.
Ok thanks.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:30 PM
x Menace Mike x

i got 2 tickets in section 313 and 2 tickets in section 307, tried getting 4 at a time but wasnt working. so i had to settle with 2 at a time.

x Menace Mike x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

I'm guessing they will all be gone by the time the season ticket holders are done. Any way someone could get me a couple of tickets for my wife and I? I'll pay for them.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

I got 4 in PR11.

I don't get the way they assign the seats, but whatever.

It is supposed to be lower bowl, then on up, how did you get in the 300s already? Very strange.

I called Ticketmaster and they are clueless. They told me I couldn't get into the system until 3 p.m. I told them I was a STH but the lady I was talking to was a moron. FYI