HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Bold Statement by Calgary GM on Jankowski

Old
06-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Ashasx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
^"Quality" and "Calgarypuck" should never be used in the same sentence. Even most of the regular Flames fans here think it's a joke. And bragging about Roger Millions and Eric Francis posting there doesn't help your cause.
Just your own ignorance. If you think that any other single team dedicated boards are somehow any better, you're a fool. Just because we feel that Calgary doesn't have the worst prospect pool in the league, or we don't want to do what the Oilers are doing, doesn't mean we're idiots.

Just what I'd expect for you. Assumptions before you even read it, just like most posters in this thread who didn't even watch the video before jumping to conclusions.

That's fine, I guess. Your loss.

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Just your own ignorance. If you think that any other single team dedicated boards are somehow any better, you're a fool. Just because we feel that Calgary doesn't have the worst prospect pool in the league, or we don't want to do what the Oilers are doing, doesn't mean we're idiots.

Just what I'd expect for you. Assumptions before you even read it, just like most posters in this thread who didn't even watch the video before jumping to conclusions.

That's fine, I guess. Your loss.
You get so ******** every time someone criticizes any aspect of the Flames, be it their players, management, or "fans". It's sad, really.

Seth Rollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
You get so ******** every time someone criticizes any aspect of the Flames, be it their players, management, or "fans". It's sad, really.
You get so ******** every time someone defends any aspect of the Flames, be it their players, management, or "fans" (for some reason this is in quotation marks). It's sad, really.

I mean, god damn man, what do fans do? Is any argument from a Flames fan suddenly invalid because it has to do with the Flames? Can't possibly say anything good about them on HF, right?

Old
06-24-2012, 03:48 PM
TheSpaceman

I cant see into the future but if Jankowski was drafted next year in the top 5 would that make him the first high school player to get drafted top 5?

TheSpaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskysGoodShoulder View Post
I cant see into the future but if Jankowski was drafted next year in the top 5 would that make him the first high school player to get drafted top 5?
Jankowski was never going to play high school hockey next year. He was going to the USHL regardless of what happened on Friday.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:18 PM
DBU
All You Can Do

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
What do you have against the Flames, exactly? I haven't seen you say a good word about them ever.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:37 PM
MaximumGraveHartigan*

Jankowski has good potential to be a bad.

MaximumGraveHartigan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:39 PM
DBU
All You Can Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumGraveHartigan View Post
Jankowski has good potential to be a bad.
Hey look, someone else who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:41 PM
MaximumGraveHartigan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Hey look, someone else who doesn't know what he's talking about.
Don't mind me. I don't know what I am talking about.

MaximumGraveHartigan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:46 PM
DBU
All You Can Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumGraveHartigan View Post
Don't mind me. I don't know what I am talking about.
I'd just like to know what you're basing your hypothesis on.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:04 PM
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins

Why exactly to Canucks/Oilers consistently lurk CP and take quotes from there and use that to generalize Calgary fans?

It's pretty pathetic.

The posters here and the posters there more or less behave much differently. There's a reason you kids have to go to that forum despite its atrocities to hate on us; it's because we're actually logical here.

King Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:05 PM
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Unit View Post
My biggest problem with the Jankowski pick is that he played high school hockey. Now that might be great in Minnesota but it's been said over and over that he had the weakest competition of any first rounder and is basically a project. If you're looking for a #1 center, does he HAVE to come along after Iginla has moved on?
He's playing in the American system next year and/or college. His development rose considerably this year and there's really no telling what he is capable of next year.

King Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:09 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
I actually like the pick, but I wish Feaster would stay quiet. The only knock on Jankowski is that he plays in a crappier league.
I wish he would too. Same thing with Burke saying the "we had Rielly rated at 1" comment. Even if you do think that, it's seems sort of idiotic to mention that and put that sort of pressure on them. Although I suppose maybe the team head doctors could be suggesting that the pressure might be good for them. Some players do rise when pressure is applied.

It's clearly who Feaster was targeting all along though. The whole trade suggest that, moving back to get another asset because he knew no one else had him this high.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:18 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskysGoodShoulder View Post
No he was going to the ushl regardless.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:33 PM
GCM
Stork

The way I see it:

If this pick was made by some other team, say Detroit, then yeah people would be open to it.

But the Flames aren't in a position to be risking things. Their franchise is in a very poor and dire situation. Some stability in a safer pick would have been the wiser decision.

This risk could devastate the franchise if Jankowski ends up being a Patrick White type.

Now that said, it's spilled milk now, they made the gamble.

If you're a Flames fan, just hope the gamble plays out in your favor and Jankowski ends up being at least an NHLer that can help give some hope to a struggling franchise.

GCM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Right because those media outlets impart so much credibility.
The president of the freaking organization (Ken King) has an account and has posted on CalgaryPuck as have players such as Andrew Ference.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:47 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM View Post
The way I see it:

If this pick was made by some other team, say Detroit, then yeah people would be open to it.

But the Flames aren't in a position to be risking things. Their franchise is in a very poor and dire situation. Some stability in a safer pick would have been the wiser decision.

This risk could devastate the franchise if Jankowski ends up being a Patrick White type.

Now that said, it's spilled milk now, they made the gamble.

If you're a Flames fan, just hope the gamble plays out in your favor and Jankowski ends up being at least an NHLer that can help give some hope to a struggling franchise.
We have vastly improved our prospect pool in the last 2 years but are missing elite talent Feaster has taken a chance on a kid that could be that talent.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
The president of the freaking organization (Ken King) has an account and has posted on CalgaryPuck as have players such as Andrew Ference.
Andrew Ference also posted on the Official Pens board, and it too could be described as a cesspool.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Andrew Ference also posted on the Official Pens board, and it too could be described as a cesspool.
Did Dave Morehouse post on the board? Did CSN have a feature where they went to the Pens message board and asked posters to come for live interviews? Did Pens fans see a random European poster coming over to North America to watch his team, take him and his entire family in on a whim, show him around the city, the mountains, give up their own seats (see this thread for that awesome story)?

Hardly a cesspool. Sure they're grumpy old men, but a knowledgeable bunch for sure.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:44 PM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Jankowski's going to be a good player but he was a huge reach for Calgary in Round 1.

06-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Did Dave Morehouse post on the board? Did CSN have a feature where they went to the Pens message board and asked posters to come for live interviews? Did Pens fans see a random European poster coming over to North America to watch his team, take him and his entire family in on a whim, show him around the city, the mountains, give up their own seats (see this thread for that awesome story)?

Hardly a cesspool. Sure they're grumpy old men, but a knowledgeable bunch for sure.
That says more about the traffic and popularity of the site than it does about the quality of the posters. It's smart on the part of managment and ownership too, because it's pretty much a free way to build on the interest in the team and interact with fans.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:00 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
I wonder why people say things like that...

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Hey guys, I think Jank the Tank aka Jarkowski, Berthowsky, Berehowsky, Bertuzziowsky, Jerkithardsky, whatever his name is....will be a great player 20 years from now....just watch, remember me saying this 20 years from now!

He's just a late bloomer guys, give him a decade.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Angelo Esposito absolutely crushed a similar high school league here in Montreal. I know, I played in it at the same time. Atleast he joined the Q. Still didn't work out well for him.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Why exactly to Canucks/Oilers consistently lurk CP and take quotes from there and use that to generalize Calgary fans?

It's pretty pathetic.

The posters here and the posters there more or less behave much differently. There's a reason you kids have to go to that forum despite its atrocities to hate on us; it's because we're actually logical here.
Or because HFBoards Calgary Flames Fans Population: 10

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote