HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Bold Statement by Calgary GM on Jankowski

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2012, 03:38 PM
  #326
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
^"Quality" and "Calgarypuck" should never be used in the same sentence. Even most of the regular Flames fans here think it's a joke. And bragging about Roger Millions and Eric Francis posting there doesn't help your cause.
Just your own ignorance. If you think that any other single team dedicated boards are somehow any better, you're a fool. Just because we feel that Calgary doesn't have the worst prospect pool in the league, or we don't want to do what the Oilers are doing, doesn't mean we're idiots.

Just what I'd expect for you. Assumptions before you even read it, just like most posters in this thread who didn't even watch the video before jumping to conclusions.

That's fine, I guess. Your loss.

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:44 PM
  #327
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank
 
Seth Rollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Just your own ignorance. If you think that any other single team dedicated boards are somehow any better, you're a fool. Just because we feel that Calgary doesn't have the worst prospect pool in the league, or we don't want to do what the Oilers are doing, doesn't mean we're idiots.

Just what I'd expect for you. Assumptions before you even read it, just like most posters in this thread who didn't even watch the video before jumping to conclusions.

That's fine, I guess. Your loss.
You get so ******** every time someone criticizes any aspect of the Flames, be it their players, management, or "fans". It's sad, really.

Seth Rollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:46 PM
  #328
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
You get so ******** every time someone criticizes any aspect of the Flames, be it their players, management, or "fans". It's sad, really.
You get so ******** every time someone defends any aspect of the Flames, be it their players, management, or "fans" (for some reason this is in quotation marks). It's sad, really.

I mean, god damn man, what do fans do? Is any argument from a Flames fan suddenly invalid because it has to do with the Flames? Can't possibly say anything good about them on HF, right?

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:48 PM
  #329
TheSpaceman
Registered User
 
TheSpaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
I cant see into the future but if Jankowski was drafted next year in the top 5 would that make him the first high school player to get drafted top 5?

TheSpaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:50 PM
  #330
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskysGoodShoulder View Post
I cant see into the future but if Jankowski was drafted next year in the top 5 would that make him the first high school player to get drafted top 5?
Jankowski was never going to play high school hockey next year. He was going to the USHL regardless of what happened on Friday.

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:18 PM
  #331
DBU
All You Can Do
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,016
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
You get so ******** every time someone criticizes any aspect of the Flames, be it their players, management, or "fans". It's sad, really.
What do you have against the Flames, exactly? I haven't seen you say a good word about them ever.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:37 PM
  #332
MaximumGraveHartigan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Jankowski has good potential to be a bad.

MaximumGraveHartigan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:39 PM
  #333
DBU
All You Can Do
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,016
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumGraveHartigan View Post
Jankowski has good potential to be a bad.
Hey look, someone else who doesn't know what he's talking about.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:41 PM
  #334
MaximumGraveHartigan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Hey look, someone else who doesn't know what he's talking about.
Don't mind me. I don't know what I am talking about.

MaximumGraveHartigan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:46 PM
  #335
DBU
All You Can Do
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,016
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumGraveHartigan View Post
Don't mind me. I don't know what I am talking about.
I'd just like to know what you're basing your hypothesis on.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:04 PM
  #336
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins
 
King Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,284
vCash: 500
Why exactly to Canucks/Oilers consistently lurk CP and take quotes from there and use that to generalize Calgary fans?

It's pretty pathetic.

The posters here and the posters there more or less behave much differently. There's a reason you kids have to go to that forum despite its atrocities to hate on us; it's because we're actually logical here.

King Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:05 PM
  #337
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins
 
King Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Unit View Post
My biggest problem with the Jankowski pick is that he played high school hockey. Now that might be great in Minnesota but it's been said over and over that he had the weakest competition of any first rounder and is basically a project. If you're looking for a #1 center, does he HAVE to come along after Iginla has moved on?
He's playing in the American system next year and/or college. His development rose considerably this year and there's really no telling what he is capable of next year.

King Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:09 PM
  #338
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked
 
theIceWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
I actually like the pick, but I wish Feaster would stay quiet. The only knock on Jankowski is that he plays in a crappier league.
I wish he would too. Same thing with Burke saying the "we had Rielly rated at 1" comment. Even if you do think that, it's seems sort of idiotic to mention that and put that sort of pressure on them. Although I suppose maybe the team head doctors could be suggesting that the pressure might be good for them. Some players do rise when pressure is applied.

It's clearly who Feaster was targeting all along though. The whole trade suggest that, moving back to get another asset because he knew no one else had him this high.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:18 PM
  #339
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,823
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskysGoodShoulder View Post
I cant see into the future but if Jankowski was drafted next year in the top 5 would that make him the first high school player to get drafted top 5?
No he was going to the ushl regardless.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:33 PM
  #340
GCM
Stork
 
GCM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,022
vCash: 500
The way I see it:

If this pick was made by some other team, say Detroit, then yeah people would be open to it.


But the Flames aren't in a position to be risking things. Their franchise is in a very poor and dire situation. Some stability in a safer pick would have been the wiser decision.

This risk could devastate the franchise if Jankowski ends up being a Patrick White type.

Now that said, it's spilled milk now, they made the gamble.

If you're a Flames fan, just hope the gamble plays out in your favor and Jankowski ends up being at least an NHLer that can help give some hope to a struggling franchise.

GCM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:35 PM
  #341
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Right because those media outlets impart so much credibility.
The president of the freaking organization (Ken King) has an account and has posted on CalgaryPuck as have players such as Andrew Ference.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:47 PM
  #342
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,823
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM View Post
The way I see it:

If this pick was made by some other team, say Detroit, then yeah people would be open to it.


But the Flames aren't in a position to be risking things. Their franchise is in a very poor and dire situation. Some stability in a safer pick would have been the wiser decision.

This risk could devastate the franchise if Jankowski ends up being a Patrick White type.

Now that said, it's spilled milk now, they made the gamble.

If you're a Flames fan, just hope the gamble plays out in your favor and Jankowski ends up being at least an NHLer that can help give some hope to a struggling franchise.
We have vastly improved our prospect pool in the last 2 years but are missing elite talent Feaster has taken a chance on a kid that could be that talent.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:50 PM
  #343
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover
 
Zen Arcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 13,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
The president of the freaking organization (Ken King) has an account and has posted on CalgaryPuck as have players such as Andrew Ference.
Andrew Ference also posted on the Official Pens board, and it too could be described as a cesspool.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:16 PM
  #344
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Andrew Ference also posted on the Official Pens board, and it too could be described as a cesspool.
Did Dave Morehouse post on the board? Did CSN have a feature where they went to the Pens message board and asked posters to come for live interviews? Did Pens fans see a random European poster coming over to North America to watch his team, take him and his entire family in on a whim, show him around the city, the mountains, give up their own seats (see this thread for that awesome story)?

Hardly a cesspool. Sure they're grumpy old men, but a knowledgeable bunch for sure.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:44 PM
  #345
tony d
Thanks for memories
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,022
vCash: 500
Jankowski's going to be a good player but he was a huge reach for Calgary in Round 1.

__________________
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:58 PM
  #346
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover
 
Zen Arcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 13,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Did Dave Morehouse post on the board? Did CSN have a feature where they went to the Pens message board and asked posters to come for live interviews? Did Pens fans see a random European poster coming over to North America to watch his team, take him and his entire family in on a whim, show him around the city, the mountains, give up their own seats (see this thread for that awesome story)?

Hardly a cesspool. Sure they're grumpy old men, but a knowledgeable bunch for sure.
That says more about the traffic and popularity of the site than it does about the quality of the posters. It's smart on the part of managment and ownership too, because it's pretty much a free way to build on the interest in the team and interact with fans.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:00 PM
  #347
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,716
vCash: 545
I wonder why people say things like that...

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:05 PM
  #348
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs
 
Brewsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: King County
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,025
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Hey guys, I think Jank the Tank aka Jarkowski, Berthowsky, Berehowsky, Bertuzziowsky, Jerkithardsky, whatever his name is....will be a great player 20 years from now....just watch, remember me saying this 20 years from now!

He's just a late bloomer guys, give him a decade.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:15 PM
  #349
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Angelo Esposito absolutely crushed a similar high school league here in Montreal. I know, I played in it at the same time. Atleast he joined the Q. Still didn't work out well for him.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:25 PM
  #350
Henrik To Daniel
Registered User
 
Henrik To Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Why exactly to Canucks/Oilers consistently lurk CP and take quotes from there and use that to generalize Calgary fans?

It's pretty pathetic.

The posters here and the posters there more or less behave much differently. There's a reason you kids have to go to that forum despite its atrocities to hate on us; it's because we're actually logical here.
Or because HFBoards Calgary Flames Fans Population: 10

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.