HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Bold Statement by Calgary GM on Jankowski

Old
06-23-2012, 12:34 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
Jay Feaster is an idiot. This kid played High School calibre hockey this season. This isn't a bold statement, its just plain stupid.
Again, if you actually listened to what he said you would have realized that it was NOT Jay Feaster who made that claim. He took the advice of his scouts and assistant GM to make this pick. If you want to criticize anyone for this selection it should be John Weisbrod.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:35 AM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Not saying jankowski is gonna be the next joe Newy but just saying.
You can say that about any player. "Well people dont like the pick but remember that statistical long shot that became a star?"

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:36 AM
Henrik To Daniel

The deal will either be a great one or a terrible one for the Flames depending on who they pick with the 2nd rounder they got.

But knowing them they'll probably trade it to get Rene Bourque back

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:38 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK REBEL View Post
So hes like Patrick White? lol
Or possibly a Jamie Benn or Blake Wheeler etc... only time will tell.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:40 AM
Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
The deal will either be a great one or a terrible one for the Flames depending on who they pick with the 2nd rounder they got.

Don't even! I am already angry at what transpired today

Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CorsiCounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post

In case you haven't heard Darryl Sutter is now the coach of the LA Kings. The only former Flames player that Feaster has brought back is Cammalleri and that was a beautiful trade. Although I'm sure obtuse posters on this website will try to spin it against the Flames.

I don't mind the Jankowski trade and pick. I wouldn't have minded them picking Teravainen but I guess Feaster and co see more value in picking up a high risk high reward project that will hopefully be ready when the Flames are ready to start competing again and also picking up what I'm going to guess is going to be a defenseman with the 42nd overall pick. Last years draft was great and I'm going to trust Weisbrod and the scouting staff this year. It's refreshing to see the Flames picking guys who could end up being more than just dime a dozen fourth liners.

Last edited by CorsiCounter: 06-23-2012 at 12:48 AM.
CorsiCounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DBU
All You Can Do

vCash: 50
I wish I could say that this thread is full of laughs, but sadly, it's just become the norm around here. Anything the Flames touch turns to **** and no one is afraid to pipe up as soon as one little criticism is made. Jankowski could end up being a good pick and no one would know because all they do is **** all over him 3 hours after he's been drafted.

No one in here has a ****ing clue how the future is going to unfold. John Weisbrod doesn't know how the future is going to unfold. No one does. So maybe we should just wait and see what happens, hmm?

This asinine need for members of HF to ***** about everything the Flames do gets incredibly annoying and shows the true colors of a lot of people here. If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep your ****ing mouth shut.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckgenius*

I still cant edm picked yakupov,not doubting his skill but they really should have got ryan murray. Or trade down like pierre suggested and get a young top 4 dman back

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
I feel bad for Flames fans, and I guess Jankowski too.

Jay Feaster is not doing a very good job in Calgary. Just spinning the tires in the mud.
k... after i give him more than a year and a half of him at the helm and he blows it, ill then take your comments with a grain of salt

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:50 AM
silvercanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Again, if you actually listened to what he said you would have realized that it was NOT Jay Feaster who made that claim. He took the advice of his scouts and assistant GM to make this pick. If you want to criticize anyone for this selection it should be John Weisbrod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSN
In 10 years, Feaster predicted, "Jankowski will be viewed as the best player in the 2012 draft," adding "We felt we could take the gamble."
You talk about not listening, yet we all heard the quote.

Irony.

silvercanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:52 AM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercanuck View Post
You talk about not listening, yet we all heard the quote.

Irony.
Feaster: "Weisbrod thinks this guy, if hes not the most talented guy coming out of this draft, hes going to be one of them, said Feaster."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...194/story.html

JurassicTunga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Feaster is an idiot. Guarenteeing a playoff spot, claiming a project pick who came out of no where will be the best player to come out of this draft. He needs to keep his mouth shut because all he's doing is putting pressure on everyone in the organization. Not to mention, he'll look like a complete idiot if/when it doesn't work out.

EDIT - For those defending it was the scout who said that to Feaster. Doesn't matter. It's something he shouldn't say for the reasons I mentioned above.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:57 AM
FlamesFan6612
#timerixonwho?

Feaster wasnt the one who made that prediction

Go to about 5:50

FlamesFan6612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:59 AM
DBU
All You Can Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Feaster is an idiot. Guarenteeing a playoff spot, claiming a project pick who came out of no where will be the best player to come out of this draft. He needs to keep his mouth shut because all he's doing is putting pressure on everyone in the organization. Not to mention, he'll look like a complete idiot if/when it doesn't work out.
Yeah, how dare he have confidence in his team? What kind of guy is he to be confident enough to think his team is going to make the playoffs? What a jerk for talking up the kid he drafted instead of saying something like "well we looked around and we're not really sure about him, but he looks like a nice kid."

That Feaster, I tell ya. He must be a real son of a gun.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:59 AM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
I still cant edm picked yakupov,not doubting his skill but they really should have got ryan murray. Or trade down like pierre suggested and get a young top 4 dman back
Edmonton needed 1 more great forward to have the forward core set.

Hall/Hopkins/Eberle

Is not going to cut it forward wise.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:00 AM
CorsiCounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Edmonton needed 1 more great forward to have the forward core set.

Hall/Hopkins/Eberle

Is not going to cut it forward wise.
Don't bother. You know exactly what he is trying to do.

Not that this thread was created for the sole purpose of bashing the Flames or anything...

CorsiCounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Kirikanoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickHandsNoShot View Post
OMG, he said Sven wasn't a bust. How the hell did you get that from that....
That`s the point how do you know what the kids career is going to be like based on 5 games.

Last edited by Kirikanoir: 06-23-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Kirikanoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:02 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Yeah, how dare he have confidence in his team? What kind of guy is he to be confident enough to think his team is going to make the playoffs? What a jerk for talking up the kid he drafted instead of saying something like "well we looked around and we're not really sure about him, but he looks like a nice kid."

That Feaster, I tell ya. He must be a real son of a gun.
Oh please. Don't defend him. There are other ways he could have gone about it. The way he said both comments was far too bold.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:05 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

I didn't even make pass the 1st page of this thread...

It is a very bold statement and GM Feaster probably should have kept his mouth shut because if he's wrong, he just looks like an idiot.

But whoever says you could have got Mark Jankowski in the 2nd round have no idea what they are talking about. Jankowski has a very high upside and he would have been gone in the 1st. Don't fool yourselves.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:10 AM
silvercanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Feaster: "Weisbrod thinks this guy, if hes not the most talented guy coming out of this draft, hes going to be one of them, said Feaster."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...194/story.html
Why do you guys have bury your head in the sand and pretend that Feaster did not say this? I watched the draft live and heard the quote during TSN's interview with Jankowski and Feaster. I provided a direct quote from TSN.

There is nothing taken out of context here.

Feaster absolutely did state that Jankowski would be the best player in the draft after ten years.

silvercanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:11 AM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
Quote:
Why do you guys have bury your head in the sand and pretend that Feaster did not say this? I watched the draft live and heard the quote during TSN's interview with Jankowski and Feaster. I provided a direct quote from TSN.

Feaster absolutely did state that Jankowski would be the best player in the draft after ten years.

Look at the video FlamesFan6612 posted.

JurassicTunga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:12 AM
FlamesFan6612
#timerixonwho?

Quote:

Did you not see my post up a few?

At about 5:50 you can see that while he is the one who relayed the quote, it was Weisbrod who said it

FlamesFan6612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:17 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

OMG Hartley will go so well with Feaster! Bob is prone to big exagerations. (he also contradict himself every 5 minutes but that doesn't mean he can't coach)

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:17 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Oh please. Don't defend him. There are other ways he could have gone about it. The way he said both comments was far too bold.
How dare someone attempt to be bold! Should just stick to those cookie cutter statements every other gm makes. Why show confidence in your team and stir some ****, when you can be just as bland as the next guy.

Last edited by tmurfin: 06-23-2012 at 01:23 AM.
tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:22 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:

Here, I made it simple for you, no skipping forward or anything

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote