HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

139:12 And Counting, The Barons Couldn't Score in a Brothel With a Fistfull of $100's

Old
11-10-2012, 03:37 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
139:12 And Counting, The Barons Couldn't Score in a Brothel With a Fistfull of $100's

@
BARONS: 5-5-0-1 VS HEAT: 7-1-0-2

Game InfoGame Day: Saturday November 10th 2012
Game Time: 8:00PM MDT
TELEVISON: SportsNet
Radio:
PPV AHL Neulion

LineupsBARONS: TBD, My Guess At This Point
Hartikainen #10-Lander #16-Eberle #7
Paajarvi #19-Vande Velde #29-Arcobello #26
Tyrvainen #14-Nugent-Hopkins #18-Pitlick #9
Byers #34-House #21-Hamilton #13

Marincin #28-J. Schultz #5
Zahn #2-Teubert #33
Henry #39-Fedun #27

Roy #31
Danis #35

Scratches:

Healthy: W Abney #36, C Martindale #17, W Hall #22, D Ringwald #6, D Plante #4

Injured: D Davidson #3 (Testicular Cancer), W Green #12 (Ribs)

HEAT:
TBD
Roster

Who to watch?BARONS TO WATCH: The Barons have played like dog **** in their last 2 games, their special teams have been a joke, and the effort level has been in the toilet. I'm not sure that they are worth our time to be watching TBH, another effort like their last 2 tomorrow will seal that deal for me.

HEAT TO WATCH: Rookie sensation Sven Baertschi looks to be the future of the Flames, the highly talented rookie is tied for the team lead in points with 12. Not to be outdone, Roman Horak leads the AHL in goals with 10 in 10 games. Look for these two to lead a balanced scoring attack.

Quotable"The Barons are playing like ****" -Barons fan Bryanbryoil on the rotten eggs that the Barons have laid in their last 2 games

Team Comparison
 BaronsHeat
Points1116
Wins57
Power Play %18.426.2
Penalty Kill %70.497.8

Team Leaders
BaronsHeat
GOALS: Schultz and Eberle (6)Horak (10)
ASSISTS:Schultz (9)Walter (9)
+/-: Schultz (+6)Walter (+9)

Today's Videos

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 11-10-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:02 AM
harpoon
FOB

Despite what you said yesterday, I knew you'd make a gdt anyway.
And despite what I said, I'll be watching anyway.
Thanks for doing these.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:06 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Despite what you said yesterday, I knew you'd make a gdt anyway.
And despite what I said, I'll be watching anyway.
Thanks for doing these.
It's the curse of being a diehard fan, we're gluttons for punishment. After watching what we have the last 3 years the hope was that we'd at least see winning hockey at this level under these special circumstances, I guess it's time to bury that idea based on what we've been seeing.....

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 11-16-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old
11-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Bold prediction: Barons win.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:08 AM
dnicks17

Bolder prediction: Barons score.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:10 AM
Philly85
Moody'

It's late and I'm drunk, probably should've started with that.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:10 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Bold prediction: Barons win.
I'd question every player in that dressing rooms sack if they don't at least give the Heat a handful tomorrow. That said wtf do I know? I figured that after having 5 days to digest the two blown 3 goal leads in the 3rd and getting shutout on Sunday that they would've been ready to kick some ass yesterday.

Old
11-10-2012, 04:11 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Bolder prediction: Barons score.

They've got tow fist full's of $100's?

Old
11-10-2012, 04:13 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

'Night everyone, I need to get my rest so that I don't fall asleep during the game tomorrow in the event that it's more of the same

Old
11-10-2012, 04:49 AM
Somnii

I've been able to watch all of the Barons' games this season so far; the last couple of games have been pretty much unbearable to watch, with tonight's being the absolute worst of the bunch. It was bad enough that I wasn't able to force myself to watch the 3rd, choosing instead to do some homework on my computer while listening to the game :v

I expect to see a better effort from the Barons tonight, assuming that they have any pride in their game, but the Heat are a team, as their record this season proves.

I'll go ahead and predict a 3-1 final in favour of the Heat. Hopefully the Barons can at least break their scoreless drought.

Somnii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 05:23 AM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
I think you will see a slightly different lineup for Abbotsford on Saturday as Ward loves to switch things up.

With 3 more than capable goaltenders I think you will see Barry Brust get the start (but with Ward you just never know), who put up a 22 save shutout against the Marlies in his last start on Friday.

On the back end Piskula could suit up, he missed Friday's game with some sort of soreness so they may not want him to play in back to back games. If he returns Brady Lamb will likely sit out on the blueline and because of the veteran rule it would force the Heat to sit a veteran forward (or maybe Callahan instead of Lamb as he would appease the veteran rule and not affect the forwards)

Up front I don't expect to see Paul Byron playing on Saturday as Friday was his first game of the season after missing the first 9 with an injury. As previously mentioned if Piskula suits up it may force a veteran forward out, which I think would result in either Kolanos or Laing sitting out and Ruegsegger and/or Estoclet coming back into the lineup.

Lines (and lineup) are tough to speculate but my guess would be:

Sven Baertschi - Ben Walter - Roman Horak
Krys Kolanos - Ben Street - Dustin Sylvester
Quintin Laing - Max Reinhart - Tyler Ruegsegger
Carter Bancks - Brett Olson - Michael Ferland

McCarthy - Breen
Brodie - Piskula
McKelvie - Lamb

Barry Brust

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 05:59 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

This one I'd on sportsnet! It's after UFC live. Looks like a pretty good sports night. Nice to watch in HD. Lol no grainy shiz.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 06:18 AM
duul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
This one I'd on sportsnet! It's after UFC live. Looks like a pretty good sports night. Nice to watch in HD. Lol no grainy shiz.
Is it only in select areas? I'm from Toronto and have all the sportsnet channels but games are usually restricted to their specific areas.

duul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
Is it only in select areas? I'm from Toronto and have all the sportsnet channels but games are usually restricted to their specific areas.
To be honest , I don't know. Since its an AHL game maybe the local blackouts are taken off. It on the four main SN channels though. So it should be all good.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
national on sportsnet one

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

A lot of comments in the other thread about Nelson blowing his chance to coach these guys in the NHL.

The other side of that is it looking like these players are not doing anything to contribute to that eventuality. I'm not convinced the NHL players in the lineup would want Nelson as coach. I'm not sure why accomplished, established, players playing at the highest level of hockey the game affords would want to.

Any elitism involved in this? Wouldn't surprise me. Even if subtle.

ftr I'm not saying what the players should or shouldn't think but what I think may be a possibility.

Theres no NHL player in this lineup that is busting his butt for Nelson. The consistently best player has been Schultz.

This whole situation is a real quandary for the Oilers. Do you admonish them at all for substandard play ofrjust let this all unfold all the while being concerned that the top players in your org are developing more of a learning culture in the AHL.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Qrispy

wow 70% PK? Am I reading this right? It just keeps going down.

I'm gonna predict another lackluster performance from the Bar0ns. This team is hopeless.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 10:02 AM
backhandsauce

Nelson has to play the kids together. I don't see a reason why he doesn't. Intact I'd run the top six like this for pure development reasons

Hall-Nuge-Eberle
Paajarvi-Lander-Harti

Give then time to gel.

backhandsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 10:21 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
A lot of comments in the other thread about Nelson blowing his chance to coach these guys in the NHL.

The other side of that is it looking like these players are not doing anything to contribute to that eventuality. I'm not convinced the NHL players in the lineup would want Nelson as coach. I'm not sure why accomplished, established, players playing at the highest level of hockey the game affords would want to.

Any elitism involved in this? Wouldn't surprise me. Even if subtle.

ftr I'm not saying what the players should or shouldn't think but what I think may be a possibility.

Theres no NHL player in this lineup that is busting his butt for Nelson. The consistently best player has been Schultz.

This whole situation is a real quandary for the Oilers. Do you admonish them at all for substandard play ofrjust let this all unfold all the while being concerned that the top players in your org are developing more of a learning culture in the AHL.
i've been wondering about the whole "elitism" problem as well, and have been since the summer... its possible that the big 3 are indeed busting their buts down there are trying to win hockey games, but it sure doesn't *look* like they are ... i give hall a pass though, as he's coming off major shoulder surgery... he likely won't be back to his old self until the end of this season, or even the start of next year

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
wow 70% PK? Am I reading this right? It just keeps going down.

I'm gonna predict another lackluster performance from the Bar0ns. This team is hopeless.
Also as shocking as Heat PK being 98%.
I expect a big win for Barons tonight. Ebs and co will step it up for national TV.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 10:42 AM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
It's the curse of being a diehard fan, we're gluttons for punishment. After watching what we have the last 3 years the hope was that we'd at least see winning hockey at this level under these special circumstances, I guess it's time to bury that idea based on what we've been seeing.....
Exactly my sentiments. I watched every game of the last three seasons. Every. Single. Game. And now I've been watching these Barons games, hoping to get a glimpse at the Oilers "domination" in 2 or 3 years. Sometimes I genuinely wonder what's wrong with me.

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Hello Mackinnon (assuming we have an nhl season)

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Silver

Why would you expect Hall Eberle and RNH to try down there? You take a 90% (or whatever the number actually is) pay cut and a relocation at your job and tell me how hard you try.

You try to not get hurt and that's about it.

Projecting a last place finish based off their effort level? C'mon. We should be solidly 25th-22nd.

Last edited by Silver: 11-10-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 11:14 AM
AUAIOMRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Why would you expect Hall Eberle and RNH to try down there? You take a 90% (or whatever the number actually is) pay cut and a relocation at your job and tell me how hard you try.

It would be less disconcerting if we didn't see the exact same thing with the Oilers. I can't even tell if it's lack of effort or if they can't handle teams that play a certain way.

AUAIOMRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Jeff Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post

Projecting a last place finish based off their effort level? C'mon. We should be solidly 25th-22nd.
I would have hoped that players like these guys are in it to win it. When I step on the ice, I want to win and i'll get pissed off if I don't (And I'm paying to play). If these guys are not giving 100% because they figure they're not getting their full NHL salary, then we drafted the wrong players. Also, when you hold back in an attempt to prevent injury, that's when you usually get injured.

Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote