HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs select Sebastian Collberg - 33rd overall

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 05:12 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
For sure he dropped but I don't think it's to the point you have to think something was wrong with him (ie. Ebert). I'd liken this to Saad, Rocco Grimaldi, or perhaps Tomas Jurco's drop from last season. Just getting a bit lucky.
Except all 3 had concerns: Saad's offense was questioned, Grim is tiny and Jurco's "laziness" and play away from the puck were concerns. Everything we hear/see about Collberg is good. Skill, no size problem, good attitude, adequate defence to play in the SEL at a young age.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:13 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Lol did you google it?

"What? That sounds serious!!"
Yeah , but I figured it probably had to do with growth because of the Timmins comment you were talking about there.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:17 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Yeah , but I figured it probably had to do with growth because of the Timmins comment you were talking about there.
Hahaha, sorry for freaking you out.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:24 PM
KRM

Here's a pre-draft interview with Collberg by one of Frölunda's fans sites, worth a read.

http://www.wildwestsupport.se/sv/pre...valdigt-spand/

Old
06-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Teamwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Here's a pre-draft interview with Collberg by one of Frölunda's fans sites, worth a read.

I'll bookmark this article until I learn Swedish

Old
06-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post

Your right--it's a great read. I particularly enjoyed:

"Haha, det hade varit något! Nä, men självklart ser man upp mycket till honom."

And also when Collberg allows us some insight into his more serious side:

"Jag ser fram emot det väldigt, väldigt mycket och förhoppningsvis få spela mer än förra året. Visa att man vill vara med och slåss om en plats att spela hela året som ordinarie. Sätta dit lite mål och poäng det här året också, hade inte varit fel."

Food for thought.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:34 PM
shawnyboy24

I m one of the few people here who cant read swedish...What does it say?

Old
06-24-2012, 06:35 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnyboy24 View Post
Not much of us can read sweedish. Not even sure google translate knows how to speak sweedish properly

Old
06-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamwork View Post
I'll bookmark this article until I learn Swedish
........Sebastian Collberg: "I am very tense"
Expectation in the air before the night's NHL Entry draft

Quote:
It is a happy and expectantly in 18-year-old we encounter in the music-in-gym, dunk down in Frölunda's basement. Mariestad son has not yet seen his student day, so what is already underway in Pittsburgh tonight is perhaps the first, really big *****.
-I am very tense with draften now actually. It should be really fun to go away, "he said with a broad smile the day before departure.
While the other team has just gone on much-needed time off, put himself on Wednesday on a plane across the Atlantic together with the family and the J-20, the Center Erik Karlsson.
-It is much in mind at the moment, no holiday in this way. It should be really fun to see where it ends up.
A couple of weeks ago, he was in Canada on the NHL's Scouting Combine ", an event where many of the players who are expected to go in draften get a chance to show up, perform physical tests and meet with NHL clubs. But the strong indications of which team will elect him, he has not yet received.
-No, not so. I have talked with nearly all of the law, but they have not said so holstad. Perhaps we have talked a little extra with any team, but no one has said that "we will take you". But it is more that we know that they like a little more, such stuff.
Expect, however, that Sebastian doesn't need to sit and suck on naglarna for very long.
-They say well the middle or a little later at förstarundan. They say, but it is very difficult to know.
Favorite team has always been in Toronto and the big reason is spelled as clear Mats Sundin.
-I checked a little extra on them when he played there, but now lately it is more hewn as stucket. We watch everything. Like (Alexander), Ovechkin and the guys, they are idols that we watch. It is surely more individual players looking at, not so much on specific teams.

So the dream is that you shall become new Ovechkin in a few years?
-Haha, it would have been something! Nah, but obviously if you look up a lot to him. Then perhaps I don't have quite the same style of play, he is pretty much bigger than me. A little stronger with strength and the entire package, but of course check it much on him.

NO BULLDOZER, BUT EXPECT MORE PHYSICAL CONTACT
Collberg is like any other young hockey players purposeful and knows what he needs to improve in order to take a further step forward in hockeyrinken. Frölundas training plans on the pre-season in years has meant a common training week, followed by two single. When it comes to focus and add a little extra powder on what is most important to one himself.
-Most weeks, I have been left here. It is somewhat easier to train together. But of course, I have put on a little more överkroppsträning, where I ran a little extra pass when the others have done something else. I feel I need a larger torso and over the page in General, get a little harder and stronger in the body above all – so this is what I have tried to put much weight on this during sommarträningen. Then, of course, continue developing my speed as I am good at out there on the ice. I can not only be a great guy and come out as a bulldozer next year, he laughs.
Self-knowledge, for any powerforward he probably never be. To dare to run his thing, just look at the Ottawa defenseman Erik Karlsson's huge success – he has not been given priority and worked hard on the defensive immediately. Fixed count yet with a slightly tougher Collberg in winter.
"It is not the case that I will go out and drive like a hard player and tackle as hell. It is not really my style. But of course, there will be enough so that it becomes a little more physical contact, when you feel stronger so that you get a little self confidence in it.
Thoughts on the coming season with Frölunda, he clear about how they look.
-I look forward to the very, very much and hopefully get to play more than last year. Show that they want to be with and fighting for a place to play all year round as usual. Set some goals and scoring this year, too, had not been wrong.
Still, there has not been any Elite Series credits, neither the goals or assists, but expect that it will take a long time. The first goal in the A-squad, he on the other hand, against the Adler Mannheim during last year's försäsongsturnering (European Trophy), when Frölunda won with clear 5-1 in frölundaborg.

It has disappeared some guys from the A-squad now, more chance for you to beat yourself seriously?
-Yeah, right. It can open up for me. But obviously, it was disappointing that we lost the men as we did, even though it might benefit me. We'll see what happens here next season, I promise that I will give everything I have. So I really hope that I get to play continuously, "he says with a smiling expectantly.

Before its await, however, a very exciting day. Clock 19 local time start this year's NHL Entry draft in Pittsburgh, located in the United States's East Coast. After a first meeting with the new Club, which he will visit to present itself on the team sommarcamp.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Not a Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
So the Habs drafted 6 players in my top 50, the only club to do so. I'm not even sure another team picked 4 of my top 50.

I had Galchenyuk ranked fist overall and Collberg 12th, Bozon 33rd, Thrower 39th and Vail 48th. Every pick by the habs in the first four rounds was either my top ranked guy or one of the top three left on my board.

I told Trevor either I'm getting better as a scout or we both screwed up. I have a feeling it's the former, but you never know. The Islanders were supposed to have killed it in 2008 in the first three rounds when they picked Bailey, Trivino, Ness, Hamonic, Toews, Niemi and Petrov..
It certainly looks like we did very well in this draft. However, sometimes what looks good on paper doesn’t turn out so well in reality. I remember how happy I was during the 2006 draft when Maxwell and White, who were both, projected to go much higher, dropped to us in the second and third rounds. It was the biggest steal ever, and then it wasn’t.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnyboy24 View Post
I have google chrome as my browser and it translates it:

Quote:
It is a happy and excited 18-year-old that we meet in the music pounding the gym, down the Frölunda's basement. Mariestad Son has not yet experienced its studentdag, so what is approaching in Pittsburgh tonight is perhaps the first really big exam.
- I'm very psyched about draften now actually. It should be really fun to go away, he says with a smile the day before departure.
While the rest of the team has just gone on much-needed time off, he sat down on Wednesday on a plane across the Atlantic with the family and J-20 center Erik Karlsson .
- There is much in his mind right now, not a holiday like that. It will be really fun to see where you wind up.
A couple of weeks ago he was in Canada in the NHL's "Scouting Combine," an event where many of the players who are supposed to draften get a chance to show off, carry out physical tests and meet with representatives of NHL clubs. But no firm evidence on which team will choose him, he has not yet received.
- No, not so. I've talked to almost all the teams, but they have not said so much. Maybe you've talked a little more with any team, but nobody has said that "we will take you." But it is rather more to know that they like a little more of that stuff.
Count, however, with the S ebastian not have to sit and bite my nails for very long.
- They say, well the middle or a little later in the first round. Do they say, but it is very difficult to know.
favorite team has always been Toronto and the big reason is spelled, of course Mats Sundin.
- I checked a little more on them when he played there, but more recently it is well more touch and go . It looks at everything. As (Alexander) Ovetjkin and those guys, they're idols that you look at. It's more a player you look at, not so much on specific teams. So the dream is that you must be new Ovetjkin a few years? - Haha, that would be something! No, but obviously you can see up a lot to him. Since I may not have quite the same style of play, he is pretty much bigger than me. A little stronger with the strength and the whole package, but obviously watch a lot of him. NO BULLDOZER, BUT ALLOW FOR MORE PHYSICAL CONTACT Collberg is like any other young hockey players dedicated and knows what he needs to improve to take another step forward in the hockey rink. Frölunda training schedule in the preseason this year has been a common practice week, followed out of two individual. Then you have to focus and put some extra effort into what matters most to oneself. - Most weeks I have been left here. It's a bit easier to train together. But of course I have a little more upper body workout, which has so g run some extra workouts when the others have done something else. I feel I need a larger upper body and upper surface generally, be a little harder and stronger in the body in particular - so that's what I've tried to put much weight on this during summer training. Then, of course, continue to develop my speed that I'm good at out there on the ice. I can not just be a big guy and get out of a bulldozer next year, he laughs. Self-knowledge, of any power forward he'll probably never be. You have to dare to run their thing, just look at the Ottawa Hill Erik Karlsson's huge success - he has not prioritized and worked hard on the defensive right away. Fast count yet with a little tougher Collberg this winter. - It's not that I should go out and run as a tough player and tackle as hell. It's not really my style. But of course it will be enough to make it a little more physical contact, when you feel stronger so that you get some confidence for it. thoughts about the upcoming season with Frölunda he clear about how they look. - I look forward to it is very, very much and hopefully get to play more than last year. Show that you want to be there fighting for a place to play throughout the year as a regular. Placing some goals and points this year, too, had not been wrong. Yet there has been no Elitserie points, no goals or assists, but expect that there will be long. The first goal in the first team he put his other hand to Adler Mannheim during last year's pre-season tournament (European Trophy), when Frölunda won with a clear 5-1 in Frölundaborg. There have disappeared a few guys from the A-squad now, more chance for you then to turn getting into serious? - Oh right. It can open up for me. But of course it was sad that we lost the guys we did, even though it might benefit me. We'll see what happens here next season, I promise that I will give everything I have. So I really hope I get to play continuously, he said with an expectant smile. Before that, however, expect a very exciting day. At 19 local time start of this year's NHL draft in Pittsburgh, located on the U.S. east coast. After an initial meeting with the new club, which he will visit to present themselves in the team's summer camp. It will, therefore, before he can come home to Mariestad for some much needed vacation with friends, before it's time to lace up their skates again . smile when ispremiären comes up is not possible to miss. - I can not wait until it really kicks off this fall, he says emphatically. Who does not ...

Old
06-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Makes me think of the Danny Kristo pick- I'm just a little more optimistic about this one.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Makes me think of the Danny Kristo pick- I'm just a little more optimistic about this one.
This excites me much more than Danny Kristo personally. Kristo wishes he had Collberg's hockey-IQ.

Where was Kristo projected to go?

Old
06-24-2012, 08:11 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
This excites me much more than Danny Kristo personally. Kristo wishes he had Collberg's hockey-IQ.

Where was Kristo projected to go?
Kristo took a big tumble in my books this year with his decision to go back to UND. Seems like Collberg has a good head on his shoulders this way.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:01 PM
shortcat1

I fail to see the difference between 6' 0" / 176 lbs and 5' 11" / 176 lbs.

Can the 1" make the difference between a 'high-end power forward' and an "easily-knocked-of-the-puck" sniper? Can this 1" make the difference between a player picked at 11 and one at 33?

Yet that 1" shorter player has been more successful than the 1" taller one in the same tournaments that they played in.

I know that this is simplistic thinking but that 1" shorter player picked at 33 is a much better 'risk' than the 1" taller player picked 11.

Comparatively speaking, I do believe we did better than Washington on this one.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:03 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

He was a Leafs fan?.... meh... now he can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
He was a Leafs fan?.... meh... now he can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Only because of Sundin it seems.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:53 PM
vad87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
According to THIS he's a Caps fan.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
According to THIS he's a Caps fan.
Well he said that Sundin was his favourite player growing up, and that Ovechkin has been his favorite more recently. Hopefully now he has a third favorite team.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well he said that Sundin was his favourite player growing up, and that Ovechkin has been his favorite more recently. Hopefully now he has a third favorite team.
lol your kind of implying even drafted BY the canadiens, ..there only going to be his 3rd favorite team?

i dont think so, id have to beleive the canadiens are his favorite team at this point, and its like that for every kid drafted pretty much

Old
06-24-2012, 11:21 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Most Europeans aren't big club fans, but rather big fans of specific players, generally from there country...

I doubt Collberg cares about the Caps or Leafs much at al...

Old
06-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol your kind of implying even drafted BY the canadiens, ..there only going to be his 3rd favorite team?

i dont think so, id have to beleive the canadiens are his favorite team at this point, and its like that for every kid drafted pretty much
I meant as in his new favourite team, not that he still is a Leafs and Caps fan and the Habs are third. Should have realized that was worded poorly.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:24 PM
strutsboa

For a long time during the pre-draft I couldn't decide between Galchenyuk and Forsberg. I thought that Galchenyuk would probably be the best fit (and player) for Montreal but I also wanted a good Swedish prospect. Finally I decided to cheer for Galchenyuk, because you should obviously always support BPA for your team. When the draft started I could never even dream of Collberg falling to #33.

It will be fun to follow Collberg in the SEL this year and I'll probably go and watch a few of his games thats close to where I live. If Nyström gets the chance in Modo it will be easier, because that's pretty close to me.

Thank you Timmins!

Old
06-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
For a long time during the pre-draft I couldn't decide between Galchenyuk and Forsberg. I thought that Galchenyuk would probably be the best fit (and player) for Montreal but I also wanted a good Swedish prospect. Finally I decided to cheer for Galchenyuk, because you should obviously always support BPA for your team. When the draft started I could never even dream of Collberg falling to #33.

It will be fun to follow Collberg in the SEL this year and I'll probably go and watch a few of his games thats close to where I live. If Nyström gets the chance in Modo it will be easier, because that's pretty close to me.

Thank you Timmins!
You can keep us updated on them.

Engqvist may be Swedish, but Collberg is a real prospect for the habs. One you can get excited for

Old
06-25-2012, 07:49 PM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisralph007 View Post
(didn't see this linked in this thread)

The Habs did it again. Another of my fav prospects from the draft lands in Montreal.

Collberg kept rising in my rankings all year. Here his in depth profile and interview in The Next Ones format. I interviewed him at the World Juniors right after his gold medal win with Sweden. Great kid:

http://thehockeywriters.com/sebastia...and-interview/

Admittedly higher than a lot of rankings (perhaps the highest) I had him ranked at 10th when it was all said & done in The NExt Ones FInal TOp 150 Rankings:
http://thehockeywriters.com/2012-nhl...inal-rankings/

If that's not enough to get Habs fans excited, I had him at 7th in the fantasy-based TOp 100 rankings, which is based on pure offensive upside:
http://thehockeywriters.com/2012-nhl...ased-rankings/

Brilliant pick by the Habs.
I've also heard Justin WIlliams (Kings) as a comparison (hopefully not a duplicate; didn't see it anywhere)

Closed Thread