HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs select Sebastian Collberg - 33rd overall

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2012, 04:32 PM
  #851
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,656
vCash: 50
Don't think Duchene signing really has any bearing on Collberg.

Systemfel is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 04:35 PM
  #852
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,191
vCash: 597
Collberg retweeted Duchene's tweet announcing his signing. Awkward if it ends up costing him a spot on the team.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 04:37 PM
  #853
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Maybe it's time for Collberg to be sent down.

Et le But is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 05:02 PM
  #854
Franck
Insolent Upstart
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,902
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Maybe it's time for Collberg to be sent down.
He almost certainly will be if Stålberg and Eriksson both sign.

Franck is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 05:52 PM
  #855
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,231
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Collberg retweeted Duchene's tweet announcing his signing. Awkward if it ends up costing him a spot on the team.
I'm sure Collberg knows the score. It's not like he's going to be blindsided if it happens. Just being a good teammate.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 02:11 PM
  #856
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,656
vCash: 50
According to a report in the local paper, Team Sweden WJC coach Roger Ronnberg will soon agree to a contract to coach Frolunda next season. As I said earlier, he's a huge Collberg fan.

http://www.gp.se/sport/ishockey/1.10...n-vara-pa-gang

Systemfel is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 02:54 PM
  #857
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
According to a report in the local paper, Team Sweden WJC coach Roger Ronnberg will soon agree to a contract to coach Frolunda next season. As I said earlier, he's a huge Collberg fan.

http://www.gp.se/sport/ishockey/1.10...n-vara-pa-gang
I doubt that Collberg will be in Europe again next season.

Hannibal is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 03:50 PM
  #858
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I doubt that Collberg will be in Europe again next season.
Inside info?

Roulin is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 04:01 PM
  #859
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I doubt that Collberg will be in Europe again next season.
For me, it's either NHL, or SEL.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 05:48 PM
  #860
Teamwork
Registered User
 
Teamwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
For me, it's either NHL, or SEL.
Do you see him skip the AHL stage?

Teamwork is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 05:58 PM
  #861
HABS2DCUP
Registered User
 
HABS2DCUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
For me, it's either NHL, or SEL.
Thats doubtful, the biggest knock on Collberg is his strength, if he isn't strong enough for the SEL he is definitely not strong enough for the NHL, therefore seasoning in the AHL is necessary for him if he is to do well

HABS2DCUP is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:03 PM
  #862
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamwork View Post
Do you see him skip the AHL stage?
You say that as if the AHL is stag between the SEL and the NHL. I think the SEL is a much stronger league and it won't bad for his development if he stays there another year. As long as he gets the ice time and I'm sure he will by that time.

Fozz is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:08 PM
  #863
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
You say that as if the AHL is stag between the SEL and the NHL. I think the SEL is a much stronger league and it won't bad for his development if he stays there another year. As long as he gets the ice time and I'm sure he will by that time.
I was going to post the same thing, but thought better of it. If the new CBA still has NHL teams losing the rights to drafted Euros after two seasons, and there's a good chance Collberg isn't NHL ready before his 21 year old season, he'll have to spend time in the AHL if the Habs are to keep his rights. Even if it means playing in a weaker league.

Roulin is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:16 PM
  #864
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
Thats doubtful, the biggest knock on Collberg is his strength, if he isn't strong enough for the SEL he is definitely not strong enough for the NHL, therefore seasoning in the AHL is necessary for him if he is to do well
This is a little contradictory. The strength issue might be more easily
addressed in the SEL, as opposed to the AHL. However, if the point is playing
time, then which ever provides more could be best.

Habaddict is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:24 PM
  #865
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,347
vCash: 500
most likley outcome IMO, will be that he spends 1 more year in the SEL next season, then probably jump to NA, try hard to get spot on the habs, then spends next year or so in the AHL. At this point, given the info we have, he's far from being in the NHL.


The the font color is automatically set to black for a reason...

uiCk is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:27 PM
  #866
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
most likley outcome IMO, will be that he spends 1 more year in the SEL next season, then probably jump to NA, try hard to get spot on the habs, then spends next year or so in the AHL. At this point, given the info we have, he's far from being in the NHL.


The the font color is automatically set to black for a reason...
Is black less likely to attract critics ?

Habaddict is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 08:25 PM
  #867
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I was going to post the same thing, but thought better of it. If the new CBA still has NHL teams losing the rights to drafted Euros after two seasons, and there's a good chance Collberg isn't NHL ready before his 21 year old season, he'll have to spend time in the AHL if the Habs are to keep his rights. Even if it means playing in a weaker league.
I'm talking about next year only. Some time in the AHL is not a bad thing, as it will allow him to get used to the style, rink size and physicality. However, another year in the SEL is far from a bad thing for his development.

Fozz is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 08:30 PM
  #868
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,191
vCash: 597
We can actually sign Collberg and assign him to Sweden the following season.

Ottawa did that with Silfverberg.

So in theory, if we sign him at age 20, and the feeling is he should be playing in the SEL the following season, that can be done.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 08:48 PM
  #869
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
We can actually sign Collberg and assign him to Sweden the following season.

Ottawa did that with Silfverberg.

So in theory, if we sign him at age 20, and the feeling is he should be playing in the SEL the following season, that can be done.
It seems similar to what we did with Enquist.

Habaddict is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 08:55 PM
  #870
katatoniak
Registered User
 
katatoniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jonquiere, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
It seems similar to what we did with Enquist.
We didnt draft Engqvist, we sign him when he was 21 or 22 years old

katatoniak is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 09:00 PM
  #871
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
We didnt draft Engqvist, we sign him when he was 21 or 22 years old
I am aware of that. I am also aware that Engquist was an older player at the time.
I'm not sure why you think that changes my point. But if it does, I thank you in advance
for any help you can give me.

Habaddict is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 09:02 PM
  #872
katatoniak
Registered User
 
katatoniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jonquiere, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
I am aware of that. I am also aware that Engquist was an older player at the time.
I'm not sure why you think that changes my point. But if it does, I thank you in advance
for any help you can give me.
No idea, I just misread the all situation haha. Sorry

katatoniak is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 09:14 PM
  #873
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
No idea, I just misread the all situation haha. Sorry
Maybe I could have said that better. Sorry.
But in my understanding of the of the old CBA the position is similar.
But, also, I'm drinking beer. So please keep that in mind.

Habaddict is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 09:24 PM
  #874
HABS2DCUP
Registered User
 
HABS2DCUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
most likley outcome IMO, will be that he spends 1 more year in the SEL next season, then probably jump to NA, try hard to get spot on the habs, then spends next year or so in the AHL. At this point, given the info we have, he's far from being in the NHL.


The the font color is automatically set to black for a reason...
What's the reason, sir?
If colour really bothers you, then I suggest you go see an optometrist.

It is also possible to change the font colour for a reason...

HABS2DCUP is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 09:29 PM
  #875
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
What's the reason, sir?
If colour really bothers you, then I suggest you go see an optometrist.

It is also possible to change the font colour for a reason...
I responded to your point, not the colour. But by all means, let's
dispute colour.

Habaddict is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.