HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Lee?

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2005, 12:14 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Brian Lee?

Any thoughts of how he compares to Jack Johnson or Kindul (sp?). Seems that Lee is picking up quite a head of steam. Is Lee a first round talent?

Old
01-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Any thoughts of how he compares to Jack Johnson or Kindul (sp?). Seems that Lee is picking up quite a head of steam. Is Lee a first round talent?
I think just because of the unexpected way the draft goes, he is a first round talent. He is a guy I believe a team would love to gamble on. I'd safely say he is 20-30 right now just because he is at the WJC's. I like his calm, steady game.

Another guy I've been impressed with is Nicklas Bergfors from the game last night. I wouldnt mind taking him at 8-15. He is bigger than i expected, he's competitive, and he is a solid skater. He seemed very confident for a 17 yr old and he played regular shifts. I like how he drove behind the net and tried that backhand wraparound atleast 2 times.

Old
01-02-2005, 01:28 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Another guy I've been impressed with is Nicklas Bergfors from the game last night. I wouldnt mind taking him at 8-15.
If you are talking about picks in that range, then the guy I have been very impressed with is Jack Johnson's teamate, Jack Skille. He looks to be a more skilled version of Andrew Ladd. Skille has a physique that will allow for him to be a real power forward at the NHL level. 200+ lbs and still, what 18 years old? He can be a first line player at the NHL level.
I do not look at either Crosby or Brule, as I do not think that the Rangers will have a shot at either. My first choices of the draft would be either Johnson or Kindul, to really solidify the defensive prospect corps. After that, Skille looks intriguing. If we were to draft him, and pair him with a Jessiman (if both develop), that could be the cornerstones of a very good top line.
But back to the original topic, with the 3 2nd round picks that the Rangers currently possess, if a Brian Lee was to fall into the 2nd round, IMO the Rangers should make every effort to pounce on him. Kid really seems to know what he is doing with the puck.

Closed Thread