HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Ed Snider Memorial Patches To Benefit Charity - Part Seven

Old
01-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

vCash: 500
ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Ed Snider Memorial Patches To Benefit Charity - Part Seven

Continue Here...

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 04-23-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2016, 02:37 PM
CSKA1974

Wrong thread

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2016, 03:08 PM
JABEE

Received a Claude Giroux Alternate jersey for Christmas.

Pretty cool.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Sawdalite
RIPEd Thnx4Evrything

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Received a Claude Giroux Alternate jersey for Christmas.

Pretty cool.
Pretty cool indeed.

This reminds me that I noticed at the WFC store that they seem to be phasing out the Felt Black and Felt Antique Off-White... from the Replicas they sell, at least... I can only assume by observing up close at the warm-ups that the Alternates the Players wear On-Ice will continue to have the Felt customization. I imagine that the jerseys of the Players that don't sell a lot will still be the Felt, while the ones that move better will be the new non-Felt ones.

I can only assume that it is a cost cutting move... but in essence it will make the Bootlegged Alternate Jerseys -- which are pretty well done compared to the Home and Away versions -- a more desirable option for some fans... AND... it will allow the Official Replica one to be better autographed... the Felt made for crummy autographs on the Black Number, and I always fear that in time my Giroux will no longer be legible... since I wear it to weekend Home Games when the Flyers do.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2016, 09:04 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Pretty cool indeed.

This reminds me that I noticed at the WFC store that they seem to be phasing out the Felt Black and Felt Antique Off-White... from the Replicas they sell, at least... I can only assume by observing up close at the warm-ups that the Alternates the Players wear On-Ice will continue to have the Felt customization. I imagine that the jerseys of the Players that don't sell a lot will still be the Felt, while the ones that move better will be the new non-Felt ones.

I can only assume that it is a cost cutting move... but in essence it will make the Bootlegged Alternate Jerseys -- which are pretty well done compared to the Home and Away versions -- a more desirable option for some fans... AND... it will allow the Official Replica one to be better autographed... the Felt made for crummy autographs on the Black Number, and I always fear that in time my Giroux will no longer be legible... since I wear it to weekend Home Games when the Flyers do.
I actually received a size too large for the Giroux jersey and exchanged it at Dick's for a smaller size. The jersey seems a bit different though. The new jersey appears to be all sewn logos and letters and the nameplate is wider than Giroux's name. Is that normal?

Are there different versions of the same jersey? They are both premier jerseys from Dicks, just different sizes.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2016, 10:47 PM
Sawdalite
RIPEd Thnx4Evrything

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
I actually received a size too large for the Giroux jersey and exchanged it at Dick's for a smaller size. The jersey seems a bit different though. The new jersey appears to be all sewn logos and letters and the nameplate is wider than Giroux's name. Is that normal?

Are there different versions of the same jersey? They are both premier jerseys from Dicks, just different sizes.
What you want is sewn letters and numbers, as opposed to the heat pressed -- usually same price -- D!cks has both but doesn' distinguish between... buyer beware... So, if you now have a stitched one, you have the better one.

There are differences like smaller names/number than the on-ice customization he Flyers have... Also not distinguished at the retail stores, or actually anywhere.

On the nameplate that is larger than the name... On the mass produced jerseys they make a standard bar that is the same for all players, no matter the name length... and of course it would be large enough for the larger names... The better customization that people get made up... such as from SkateZone... tailors the nameplate to the individual players name... So, your Giroux would have a shorter nameplate with little excess on either side.

It took me a while to learn all the ways that they sell people inferior products without their knowledge... unlike the days prior to Reebok when Brands such as Koho would have one standard size lettering/numbering and always stitched...and the only difference were in the Professional vs Replica quality which we all knew was in material, stitching, fight strap, etal. ... Once I learned, I knew what to look out for and avoid... unfortunately, people buying gifts for other in good faith will not know, and the Retailers will not help... even if the sales people actually were aware.

... Sorry for the rant, but that has always been a pet peeve of mine. haha

Old
01-13-2016, 02:53 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
I posted these in a thread a long while ago, but here's an NHL.com Simon Gagne alongside a Brayden Schenn Replica done by Philly Express via Skatezone. I got the Gagne prior to knowing any better. The biggest takeaway is that the numbers and name are heatpressed onto the jersey, it's a sticker. Then you'll notice that the numbers are not in a correct location on the sleeves. And lastly these jerseys are the same size (roughly), look at the difference in size of the numbers.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2016, 07:49 AM
flountown

Also, for those who want an older jersey done, or don't feel like dealing with the apathy of the Skate Zone gift shop, take a look at Shibe Sports.

They are located in Philly and will send the jerseys to the right place (Ruberti's for old, Philly Express for new) and they give you an intermediary to manage the quality you get back. It will cost you a few extra bucks, but to get a jersey turned around in a timely manner could be worth it.

IIRC, I paid about 10-15 bucks more for customization than I saw people on here mentioning the SZ costs. This was probably 3-4 years ago, though.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2016, 11:55 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
To me that is very surprising... sounds like what you get on a consistent basis from the WFC personalizing people,except that they heat press their own product rather than stitch... SkateZone farms the jerseys to the very same people/company that does the on-ice jerseys the Flyers wear in games. I suppose if you hit them on an extremely busy period and catch a worker having a bad day, you could get a botched up job... but I'm surprised it got past all the others there after it was completed... This is the firs major complaint hat I personally have heard about. Had you been local, my guess is that SkateZone would have rectified the problem for you as a courtesy, and sent it back for correction.

I have become a snob with jerseys and when I see all the bad customized sweaters at the Games, I can only appreciate more the look of the full sized numbers/letters, with the proper material and ply, stitched properly that I've had done at SkateZone for a fair cost. I'm sorry to hear out got a bad job done... IMO, it's almost always better to be able to deal face to face and have recourse when you get a bad product.
Well, I posted about it here back when I received it this way - a few years back. It was actually my very first hockey jersey I ever bought, so it was disappointing.

Since then - I deal with Coolhockey.com for all my stuff.

I don't care if the font isn't perfect (I think Skatezone's matches the players fonts, and other places may not) - the rest of the order is usually fine.

I did have an issue on my last order from Coolhockey - they didn't have the "C" in the right place on the jersey, and it was an orange colored "C" on the away jersey I ordered. But, they fixed it for me, and now it's fine (they had UPS come get it from me and then sent it back next day). I've made 9 orders from them now - after that problem with the Jagr jersey thru the skatezone - and I always order from Coolhockey now.

Only exception is that when I make my 1x a year trip to Philly for the carnival and a game - I sometimes buy a jersey at the stadium. I make sure it's not one of the pre-done pressed ones. And, I examine it very carefully for any issues.

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2016, 04:56 PM
usahockey22flyers
Daje Roma!

Best place to buy a replica Gostisbehere jersey is ______________

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2016, 06:32 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
If your location is Rome, I say hit the usual NHL retail sites and play around with different shipping options, because that is likely to cause the biggest difference in price I would imagine.

Sites like Icejerseys, Coolhockey, NHL Shop, and SportsK are some that I can think of off the top of my head.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2016, 10:17 PM
Nvxs07

Quote:
I made my away one out of a kit. Then cool hockey made my alt. Cool hockey does an amazing job. The one I made isn't bad. Just the namebar is huge so I'm not a fan since I'm on the skinnier side haha

Nvxs07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2016, 01:09 PM
usahockey22flyers
Daje Roma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
If your location is Rome, I say hit the usual NHL retail sites and play around with different shipping options, because that is likely to cause the biggest difference in price I would imagine.

Sites like Icejerseys, Coolhockey, NHL Shop, and SportsK are some that I can think of off the top of my head.
Roma/NJ so I have good options. Thank you to both of you!

Old
01-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Nvxs07

Quote:
Roma/NJ so I have good options. Thank you to both of you!
I'll sell you my away for like $50. It's a large 😬

Nvxs07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2016, 09:16 PM
usahockey22flyers
Daje Roma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvxs07 View Post
I'll sell you my away for like $50. It's a large 😬
If you send me pics i'll take a look

Old
02-01-2016, 12:00 AM
Ryker

You can pick up a blank Reebok replica on reebok.com for $62.50 if anyone's interested (use the code ALLSTAR50). Act fast, though.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2016, 07:42 AM
Hiesenberg

I wanna get a Ghost jersey/shirt but is he going to stick with 53?

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
I wanna get a Ghost jersey/shirt but is he going to stick with 53?
He'll keep #53 at least this year. He won't change it until next year at the earliest. Now I know that originally he hated the number and couldn't wait to change it. Now i've seen reports that he is superstitious and might not want to change it.

Old
03-08-2016, 05:11 PM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Well I went ahead and pre-ordered Ghost's Orange Set Three jersey. So it's all my fault guys if they crash and burn the rest of the way and don't make the playoffs. They started wearing the Set Three jerseys on February 25th (before this homestand) and will wear them to the end of the season and playoffs if needed.

Old
03-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Sawdalite
RIPEd Thnx4Evrything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Well I went ahead and pre-ordered Ghost's Orange Set Three jersey. So it's all my fault guys if they crash and burn the rest of the way and don't make the playoffs. They started wearing the Set Three jerseys on February 25th (before this homestand) and will wear them to the end of the season and playoffs if needed.
Nice pickup... Not only a fine Rookie Gamer, but one that was worn during his Organizational Rookie Record Goal Scoring capture, and possible additional records... SWEET!!! Congratulations.

Old
03-08-2016, 08:14 PM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Nice pickup... Not only a fine Rookie Gamer, but one that was worn during his Organizational Rookie Record Goal Scoring capture, and possible additional records... SWEET!!! Congratulations.
I've been going back and forth. I wanted to get a gamer from this year since I want to get a gamer every year (since I started collecting) and I haven't gotten one so far. I was deciding if I wanted to go after the Watson Ghost jersey since it'll be cheaper than preordering a jersey but decided the aspect of a playoff run being possible was too much to pass up along with the fact that he set a Flyers record yesterday in it.

Old
03-09-2016, 06:06 PM
Sawdalite
RIPEd Thnx4Evrything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I've been going back and forth. I wanted to get a gamer from this year since I want to get a gamer every year (since I started collecting) and I haven't gotten one so far. I was deciding if I wanted to go after the Watson Ghost jersey since it'll be cheaper than preordering a jersey but decided the aspect of a playoff run being possible was too much to pass up along with the fact that he set a Flyers record yesterday in it.
That logic is flawless as I see it... I have no idea what a gem like that sets you back... and I am probably better off not knowing... after all I am a heart patient.

Old
03-09-2016, 07:22 PM
bb12

Damn now I have to get 2 jerseys next year. The new 2016-2017 jersey and the stadium series

I'm trying to collect every jersey the flyers wore in history. List just keeps growing

bb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2016, 07:24 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb12 View Post
Damn now I have to get 2 jerseys next year. The new 2016-2017 jersey and the stadium series

I'm trying to collect every jersey the flyers wore in history. List just keeps growing
You make it sound like its a bad thing!

I'm ecstatic!

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2016, 07:25 PM
bb12

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
You make it sound like its a bad thing!

I'm ecstatic!
Only thing it's bad for is my wallet and credit card balances!

bb12 is offline   Reply With Quote