HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Getting custom Bauer skates

Old
06-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Getting custom Bauer skates

Some I'm in the process of getting a pair of custom Bauers for my apparent oddball feet. To describe my feet I would say that my forefoot is normal, while my heel is very narrow and boney. I looked around for a pair of retail skates that would suit me but all I could find were GRAFS, and unfortunately, my family's shop doesn't seal with GRAF. So instead of dishing out the 500-600 dollars I would have to to get the GRAFS I would need, I decided to try the Bauer custom fit skate route.

I called up our shop's Bauer rep and told him what I wanted and what my problem was and he told me to trace out my foot on a piece of paper and send it to the custom fitting guy up in Exeter, New Hampshire. I was talking to the rep about the process and what they were going to do and whatnot and he asked me what kind of skate I wanted and this is where my problem is... he said that they only offer the TotalONE and APX skates in a custom version. This kind of sucks because I'm pretty sure my pops doesn't want to dish out 600 and whatever dollars to get his son that has only been playing for about a year and a half custom skates (although he did let me take a pair of S17 LE's that weren't selling... and they were about 600 LOL).

So anyway, my question is: Does Bauer only do customs for their top of the line skates such as the TotalONE and APX, or is our rep wrong? I could swear that I've read on another website that Bauer DOES indeed offer cheaper models to customize...

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:17 PM
AIREAYE

So you talked with the rep for a while...why the heck would he be wrong? You can only customize NXGs and APXs with the Nexus 1000s along the way. Didn't you ask this on ModSquad and received the same answer?

I assume the 600 for customs are with whatever store discount you receive because there is no way you can get them for that price at regular retail.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Stickmata

I looked into Bauer customs a couple years back and was told the only skate they would do custom on was the top of the line TotalOne and that it would run me $800+.

Based on your foot shape, I would suggest you try on a Graf 705 in both a regular and a narrow. The narrow only affects the heel box on a Graf, the forefoot is the same.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:11 PM
flyers10

You could try out a MLX skate. Very moldable. Not for a very wide foot. About 499 with cosmetic blemishes.

flyers10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
I looked into Bauer customs a couple years back and was told the only skate they would do custom on was the top of the line TotalOne and that it would run me $800+.

Based on your foot shape, I would suggest you try on a Graf 705 in both a regular and a narrow. The narrow only affects the heel box on a Graf, the forefoot is the same.
I would totally do this if my store COULD get Grafs, but they can't, and I'm not willing to spend whatever the cost is to buy em. If I go through Bauer or Easton I get the skates for free - that's the thing.

And no I didn't ask this question on Modhockey someone else did, but I did read it and someone said that they "should" be able to do the cheaper models... but I guess that's false.

And yea the $600 is just cost, obviously my store wouldn't have to pay full retail for the skates.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote