HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[TB/BOS] Benoit Pouliot for Ouellet and a 5th

Old
06-24-2012, 11:57 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Solid third line option. 10-10-20 would be great.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:49 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Solid third line option. 10-10-20 would be great.
You'll be happy then

I'd expect more like 17-20 tbh but putting your expectations low is never a bad thing

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:57 AM
MakeTheGoalsLarger

funny to see him traded to tampa.

I always thought he looked like Lecavalier, both for his size and the way he moves. Perhaps he will be inspired to play with him.

MakeTheGoalsLarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Giesse

He was pretty much a well-priced placeholder as the Bruins waited for Caron to develop. After a slow start, it was a pleasure to see those insane highlight-reel goals and the way he and Kelly and Rolston on the third line stepped up big late in the season-- he did work his butt off. At least he is reunited with Tom Pyatt.
I, for one, will continue to follow his career with interest, Bruin or not, and wish him bonne chance with you all in Tampa.

Giesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:17 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Nothing to complain about with this trade. A little added secondary scoring, which was something we sorely needed. If he can pot 10-15 goals it's all good.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Everything Ive read about the guy is good. Sounds like he could learn to keep his butt off the ice though. Sounds like a player we need though. Our 3rd line didnt chip in the goals we needed last year. They did the previous year and that was a big part of our success. This guy sounds like he can score.

Drouin2Stamkos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:02 PM
HoseEmDown

Read he wasn't qualified, I'm sure he wants more than 1.1 which I believe would've been the offer. I think we'll offer 2 years 3.8.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:09 PM
LightningStrikes

Explanation:
Quote:
The agent for newly acquired left wing Benoit Pouliot said he is "confident" his client will sign with the Tampa Bay Lightning despite not getting a qualifying offer.

"Couldn't think of a better landing spot than Tampa," agent Kent Hughes said. (...)

Not qualifying Pouliot may see odd since the Lightning acquired him from the Bruins on Saturday for minor-leaguer Michel Ouellet and a fifth-round draft pick, and that the plan seems to give Pouliot a chance to play as a top-six forward. But by not giving him an offer, Pouliot cannot invoke his arbitration rights. (...)

Tampa Bay is confident it will sign Pouliot, and Hughes has the same view.

"I'm confident," Hughes said. "We think Tampa is a good fit, a good situation for Ben, a good opportunity at this stage in his career. He made real strides last year and would have been more than comfortable returning to Boston. Boston's got issues that they had to resolve in terms of numbers and cap money, so couldn't think of a better landing spot than Tampa."
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...alifying-offer

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:44 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Read he wasn't qualified, I'm sure he wants more than 1.1 which I believe would've been the offer. I think we'll offer 2 years 3.8.
whaaaa

Old
06-25-2012, 08:30 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
whaaaa
Are you saying that about the contract I suggested? He's getting 1.1 if we qualified we'd have to at about 1.25. He's a 15-20 goal scoring 3rd liner who'll fill in on the 2nd when Malone or someone else is out. That's not a hefty price to pay for that.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:38 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeTheGoalsLarger View Post
funny to see him traded to tampa.

I always thought he looked like Lecavalier, both for his size and the way he moves. Perhaps he will be inspired to play with him.
Was compared often to Lecavalier in his draft year actually, so probably tries to model his game after him. Very happy with this trade, hoping/expecting Tampa to sign him, solid player for the 3rd line and has his moments. Played well in Boston last year and was on pace for 30 goals with Montreal the year before Boston, but then he went into one of his expected slumps, still ended up with 13 goals, which is fine for the 3rd line. Hope he finds a home here, been a big fan of his since his draft year when I heard his story about him and his dad.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:59 PM
DangleDoppler

Edit me...don't mind me

DangleDoppler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:14 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Are you saying that about the contract I suggested? He's getting 1.1 if we qualified we'd have to at about 1.25. He's a 15-20 goal scoring 3rd liner who'll fill in on the 2nd when Malone or someone else is out. That's not a hefty price to pay for that.
I don't see why he wouldn't get $1.3-$1.4/year. He made $1,350,000 in 2010-11, then took a pay cut to sign with the Bruins at $1.1M. Having one of his best years I would think he would garner a raise. If JT Brown is worth $1,350,000 and Purcell is worth $2.3, I think he deserves a little more than what he had last year. Why would he sign here for another pay cut?

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 06:45 AM
HoseEmDown

I said we should give him 1.9 a year, I didn't say anything about a pay cut. I was saying if we qualified him it would be 1.25. He would've went to arbitration and no idea what he would've been asking for. I think 1.9 is a good deal.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:25 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

He has only hit 15 goals twice in his career, once on a stacked Bruins team. I wouldn't give him more than 1.3.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:27 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
I said we should give him 1.9 a year, I didn't say anything about a pay cut. I was saying if we qualified him it would be 1.25. He would've went to arbitration and no idea what he would've been asking for. I think 1.9 is a good deal.
Almost two million... for a guy that has had 16 goals... this isn't Bergenheim and we're trying to reach the cap floor, its a third liner.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:36 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Almost two million... for a guy that has had 16 goals... this isn't Bergenheim and we're trying to reach the cap floor, its a third liner.
Bergenheim is making 2.3 for 17 goals. Brandon Prust is a 4th liner seeking 2.1. 1.9 isn't a huge overpayment, as he'd probably get 1.5 in arbitration. I also didn't know why we are trying to get to the cap floor?

Old
06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
Bergenheim is making 2.3 for 17 goals. Brandon Prust is a 4th liner seeking 2.1. 1.9 isn't a huge overpayment, as he'd probably get 1.5 in arbitration. I also didn't know why we are trying to get to the cap floor?
His point is: Florida did with Bergenheim (and others).

Old
06-26-2012, 12:36 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
I'm saying Florida did that with him to get to the cap floor. Sather is an idiot with contracts but Prust is also a scrapper he wants on the roster. Bergie is also making 2.75 fyi, still ridiculous.

Still wouldn't do more than 1.3 or so.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
I can see him do well on the second line to be honest, should fit well with Vinny!

06-26-2012, 01:54 PM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
I can see him do well on the second line to be honest, should fit well with Vinny!
Yeah, I could see him in our top-6 over Brown or whoever is next in line after camp.

12-91-16
67-4-26

...not too shabby. Either way, it gives Boucher a lot of solid options.

I just hope they're not planning on Pyatt to fill the hole Moore left on our 3rd line.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:59 PM
BoltSTH

malone - vinny - pouliot would be a big line. Nice compliment to speed of
purcel - stammer - msl

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:27 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Yeah, I could see him in our top-6 over Brown or whoever is next in line after camp.

12-91-16
67-4-26

...not too shabby. Either way, it gives Boucher a lot of solid options.

I just hope they're not planning on Pyatt to fill the hole Moore left on our 3rd line.
I think Pouliot will start the season on the 3rd line, but will probably get some ice time with the top 2 lines as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have some good chemistry with Lecavalier.

So what are we looking at for our forwards at this point?

Malone // Stamkos // St.Louis
Conacher* // Lecavalier // Purcell
Pouliot // Moore* // Brown
Pyatt // Thompson // Wyman*

*1. If not Conacher, then maybe Connolly or Killorn.
*2. If not Moore than some other equivalent center.
*3. If not Wyman then either Tyrell or Hall.

I'd be plenty satisfied with that. Having Pouliot/Brown on that 3rd line would be a big improvement, and I also like that 4th line a lot.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:31 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

How come everyone has Purcell moving back to the second line? The RW factor?

And I do like the size and grit of a 12/4/67 line. Pouliot would have to move to RW, or Malone, whatever would work. It is indeed a good compliment to the speed of 16/91/26

The YzerJesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 03:02 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
How come everyone has Purcell moving back to the second line? The RW factor?

And I do like the size and grit of a 12/4/67 line. Pouliot would have to move to RW, or Malone, whatever would work. It is indeed a good compliment to the speed of 16/91/26
More balanced scoring IMO, give teams 2 lines to try and shutdown instead of 1. Playing a winger on their natural side is ideal, but most of the time it's not that important. Purcell seems to play just as well on the LW.

We could always swap Marty to the 2nd line and keep Purcell on the 1st too, that might be an even more balanced attack. If Conacher is playing on the 2nd line though(no guarantee obviously), I would be hesitant to also play Marty on that line consistently. That would be two very small wingers on one line.

There are plenty of ways to mix up the top6, and I'm sure Boucher will have tried every combo by the end of the 1st game of the season.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote