HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pavelec KHL

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-09-2012, 09:55 PM
  #1
echlfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Pavelec KHL

Spectors Hockey Twitter :

Friedman says there's a rumor Jets Pavelec might have a one-year, big money offer from KHL.


Anything to this tweet? And who fills the void if he leaves???

echlfreak is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 10:28 PM
  #2
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Spectors Hockey Twitter :

Friedman says there's a rumor Jets Pavelec might have a one-year, big money offer from KHL.


Anything to this tweet? And who fills the void if he leaves???
Why just a one year deal? Is Pavs anticipating a lockout, so he has a plan B?

Bob E is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 11:36 PM
  #3
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7
 
Winnipeg Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Selkirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,286
vCash: 1580
The only scenario I can see where this might happen is if there's a lockout. That would explain the 1 year deal.

Winnipeg Jets is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 11:43 PM
  #4
PostmanPat1919
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
If there's a lockout I'm presuming that Winnipeg would hold Pavelec's NHL rights if he took a KHL deal?

PostmanPat1919 is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 11:46 PM
  #5
KingJet*
Welcome Back
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
If this happens, we trade for Schneider, trade Pavelec's rights to another NHL team or something for more.

KingJet* is offline  
Old
06-09-2012, 11:46 PM
  #6
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,295
vCash: 234
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...deal-with-khl/

It could also be posturing for contract negotiations with the Jets.


Last edited by DespoticNewt: 06-09-2012 at 11:55 PM.
DespoticNewt is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 12:13 AM
  #7
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,744
vCash: 500
I'm not too worried about this. Pavs loves it here and he has a close relationship with Chevy. IMO, this "offer" is either in case there's a lockout (hence the one year term) or is going to be used as leverage to get a better deal when he re-signs.

WJG is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 12:28 AM
  #8
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
If this happens, we trade for Schneider, trade Pavelec's rights to another NHL team or something for more.
Canucks fans on the trade board are already salivating over the idea of Kane or Bogosian for Schneider

WJG is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 12:32 AM
  #9
bigplay41
BIG MEECH
 
bigplay41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
We are pretty screwed if he leaves...Hope Pasquale is ready if we need him

bigplay41 is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 12:35 AM
  #10
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
If this happens, we trade for Schneider, trade Pavelec's rights to another NHL team or something for more.
Schneider would be a natural fit with the Jets given his history with the city, but what is Winnipeg offering the Canucks in that situation? Gillis is unlikely to move Schneider without getting a very solid return.

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 12:42 AM
  #11
bigplay41
BIG MEECH
 
bigplay41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Schneider would be a natural fit with the Jets given his history with the city, but what is Winnipeg offering the Canucks in that situation? Gillis is unlikely to move Schneider without getting a very solid return.
Do you think the Canucks would part with Schneider? I thought it was Luongo who was on his way out

bigplay41 is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 12:45 AM
  #12
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Do you think the Canucks would part with Schneider? I thought it was Luongo who was on his way out
Tough to say. If Gillis can't get an offer for Roberto he is happy with, I would think he would explore options with regards to moving Schneider. Luongo is still an excellent goaltender and if all he can bring back in return is scraps and Schneider could return a solid piece or two, I think Gillis has to do what's best for the team overall and look into moving Cory. The Canucks still have a good, young goaltender in Eddie Lack that is expected to make his NHL debut in the near future, so it's not as if the Canucks are throwing their goaltending future away if they were to move Cory.

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 12:49 AM
  #13
bigplay41
BIG MEECH
 
bigplay41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Tough to say. If Gillis can't get an offer for Roberto he is happy with, I would think he would explore options with regards to moving Schneider. Luongo is still an excellent goaltender and if all he can bring back in return is scraps and Schneider could return a solid piece or two, I think Gillis has to do what's best for the team overall and look into moving Cory. The Canucks still have a good, young goaltender in Eddie Lack that is expected to make his NHL debut in the near future, so it's not as if the Canucks are throwing their goaltending future away if they were to move Cory.
Interesting did not know that. I know you guys would be more interested in Kane or Bogosian but I can't see the jets trading them away for Schneider. Any interest in Enstrom? I would rather see the Jets roll the dice with Pasquale then trade away young assets. Without Pavelec I think we're a lottery team that's for sure

bigplay41 is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 01:01 AM
  #14
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Interesting did not know that. I know you guys would be more interested in Kane or Bogosian but I can't see the jets trading them away for Schneider. Any interest in Enstrom? I would rather see the Jets roll the dice with Pasquale then trade away young assets. Without Pavelec I think we're a lottery team that's for sure
I like Enstrom, reminds me a bit of a young Kimmo Timonen, but given his impending UFA status I really doubt he's a piece Gillis would move Schneider for. Kane, Bogosian and maybe the 9th overall pick are the assets Gillis would likely be looking at. Not saying he'd expect either Kane/Bogosian straight up, but I doubt he'd move him for lesser parts.

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 05:38 AM
  #15
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,732
vCash: 500
And if Schneider only signs a one year contract you'd have a point. Likelihood is though he'd be signing a multi-year deal with whatever team he ends up with.


Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 06-10-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: qdp
Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 05:45 AM
  #16
Peter Tagli Eddie
All 3 of them?
 
Peter Tagli Eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 443
vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
And if Schneider only signs a one year contract you'd have a point. Likelihood is though he'd be signing a multi-year deal with whatever team he ends up with.
Can't Enstrom sign a multi-year deal too?


Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 06-10-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: qep
Peter Tagli Eddie is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 05:48 AM
  #17
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonbrownstein View Post
Can't Enstrom sign a multi-year deal too?
Sure, but I wouldn't move Schneider without knowing he was signed. Considering Schneider has a history with Winnipeg and just wants to be given a chance to start anywhere, I'd say it's more likely Schneider would sign a multi-year contract than it is that Enstrom would re-sign as soon as he was dealt.

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 05:55 AM
  #18
Peter Tagli Eddie
All 3 of them?
 
Peter Tagli Eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 443
vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Sure, but I wouldn't move Schneider without knowing he was signed. Considering Schneider has a history with Winnipeg and just wants to be given a chance to start anywhere, I'd say it's more likely Schneider would sign a multi-year contract than it is that Enstrom would re-sign as soon as he was dealt.
Okay... That is your opinion. I could just as easily say that I think it's more likely that Enstrom signs an extension with a new team. Fact is that Pavs isn't going anywhere so it's a moot point.

Peter Tagli Eddie is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 05:59 AM
  #19
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonbrownstein View Post
Okay... That is your opinion. I could just as easily say that I think it's more likely that Enstrom signs an extension with a new team.
And you could. Doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't deal Schneider for Enstrom unless he agreed to an extension. I don't see what's the issue with that.

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 09:23 AM
  #20
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,324
vCash: 50
What's with the "trade for Schneider' garbage?

All we know so far is that Pavelec might have a 1 year offer to play in the KHL. Why would we believe at this point that it is any more than a backup plan in case there is a lockout?

So if there is a lockout and Pavs goes to the KHL, why are we mortgaging the future for Schneider (or any other goalie), WHEN THERE IS NO HOCKEY??

Huffer is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 09:39 AM
  #21
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,980
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
What's with the "trade for Schneider' garbage?

All we know so far is that Pavelec might have a 1 year offer to play in the KHL. Why would we believe at this point that it is any more than a backup plan in case there is a lockout?

So if there is a lockout and Pavs goes to the KHL, why are we mortgaging the future for Schneider (or any other goalie), WHEN THERE IS NO HOCKEY??
Agree with you Huf. Could also be a bit of posturing to get a $$$ contract/offer from the Jets as well.

As for Schneids...I think Van will be trying to exhaust all options on moving Lou before they seriously entertain an offer for Schneider.

Ziggy66 is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 11:27 AM
  #22
BigZ65
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,801
vCash: 350
The reality is that Pavelec staying or going does not make or break this team. He's a good goalie with potential right now. He could be easily replaced by a UFA goalie at a .906 save percentage. Any combination of Mason, Ellis, Biron, Clemmensen, Sanford would provide good enough goaltending to make the Jets a playoff contender like the Panthers with Theodore and Clemmensen in 11-12. Pavelec's current value is almost entirely vested in potential, which is risky when you are thinking long-term deal with a goalie. I don't think the Jets should feel any pressure to move on Pavelec more than they are ready to. Eg. If the Jets are currently looking at a 4 year, 16 million type deal for Pavelec, I wouldn't budge off of that because of this type of threat.

BigZ65 is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 11:39 AM
  #23
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote
 
Winnipeg Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: England
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Canucks fans on the trade board are already salivating over the idea of Kane or Bogosian for Schneider
Of course they are. Schneider can be had for a couple of draft picks. Right now the Caucks have 15 million left in Cap space and must re-sign or replace Raymond, Weise, Pahlsson, Bitz, Ebbett, Gagnani, Salo, Rome, and Schneider. Luongo is under contract until 2022. He's earning 6.7 million until 2018, so he's not going to retire before then (3.4 in 2019, 1.6 in 2020, 1 in 2021 and 2022).

Offer Schneider even $5 million and suddenly the Canucks are on the hook for 11.7 (10.5 in cap hit) million in goaltenders, one they almost certainly cannot trade. Do they bury him in the AHL, paying him his full one-way salary? The Canucks can match it, meaning they cannot trade Schneider for this year, have to try and do something with Luongo, or accept the draft pick compensation. If it's less than 6.3 million average salary, all it costs is a first, second, and third round pick. Not a bad price for an elite goaltender, especially considering he would help to make those picks much later, and there's no telling how the picks will pan out.


Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 06-18-2012 at 02:22 AM. Reason: not neccessary
Winnipeg Jet is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 11:45 AM
  #24
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,150
vCash: 50
It would suck is pavs left.
He probably only goes if there is a work dtoppage
I bet he even has an out clause if the stoppage ends quickly too

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 11:54 AM
  #25
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
wonder if Dansk will be available at #38?

Bob E is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.