HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Despres Available For Pittsburgh?

Old
06-23-2012, 08:50 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
A similar level wing prospect or young NHL winger.
Dang, we need wingers as well. We can give you Nermark, underrated offensive, but excels in the two-way department.

I don't mind giving you Mike Connolly for him. Better offensive game, but more on the smaller size compared to Nermark.

Sorry, but Avs scouting team rarely draft wingers, because we have this philosophy of we can always convert centres into wingers.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:52 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
This will tick off Penguins fans, as #1. It's Rob Rossi and #2. It's Despres whom I know Pens fans love but

https://twitter.com/RobRossi_Trib/st...53800939483136

Doesn't make a lot of sense for Pens to move Despres, nor that they're coveting a physical d-man when Rossi stated yesterday that they were willing to move Orpik. Still Depres is a good young defenceman who's probably been NHL-ready for the last year.
They have about 10 or more D who project to be nhlers, 6 of which could be considered blue chip prospects. Basically, they've got way too many prospects at the position. That frees them up to flip one for a piece they need but don't have. Guess Despres is it.

It's not a matter of moving Despres, so much as they have a need and he's the currency.

Edit: just realized this was Rossi. A month ago he said we were trading letang. He has no idea what he's talking about.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:14 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
They have about 10 or more D who project to be nhlers, 6 of which could be considered blue chip prospects. Basically, they've got way too many prospects at the position. That frees them up to flip one for a piece they need but don't have. Guess Despres is it.

It's not a matter of moving Despres, so much as they have a need and he's the currency.

Edit: just realized this was Rossi. A month ago he said we were trading letang. He has no idea what he's talking about.
If push came to shove and we had to trade a D Prospect, it won't be Despres. The guy has the size and physicality and is going to be a complete stud. Hes going to be at the worst a top 4 D but has the potential to be on the first pairing. Hell I saw a post recently on our forum stating that a Despres-Letang on the first pairing with Orpik-Martin on the second would be risky but it could pay off. The guy has a huge ceiling and I'd way rather trade someone like Harrington/Strait/Sneep/Bortuzzo and etc. I think Morrow/Despres/Maatta/Pouliot are off the table as of now.

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:15 PM
RehnX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Since what we need the most are wingers though, he would mostly be dealt for an upgrade and I'd personally pack Letang's bag, if Nashville wanted him for Weber, so in that regard, I guess, everyone could go for an upgrade, which would make only 87 & 71 untouchable, because there is no upgrade to be had there.
For his cap-hit/performance ratio, Letang is untouchable. In a year or so that may change.

RehnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Realistically one of Strait or Bortuzzo could be had and will make a very solid 5 or 6 for some team.

All of the other Pens high end blueline prospects I doubt will be moved unless it is in a big package.

Morrow certainly won't be moved unless it is for a drastic upgrade to the roster, say as part of a package to find a partner for Letang.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:55 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Realistically one of Strait or Bortuzzo could be had and will make a very solid 5 or 6 for some team.

All of the other Pens high end blueline prospects I doubt will be moved unless it is in a big package.

Morrow certainly won't be moved unless it is for a drastic upgrade to the roster, say as part of a package to find a partner for Letang.
I can see us being able to land a forward if Parise doesn't pan out. But im not seeing how we land a legit top pairing guy if we don't get Suter.

We don't have an attractive NHL ready forward we can move and Martin isn't exactly going to get us a whole lot. High potential PMD, sure we have them. But I don't see a team giving up a huge upgrade over Orpik with how highly coveted top 4 guys are.

I hope we have plan B's for both positions. Hope Im wrong.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:46 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Dang, we need wingers as well. We can give you Nermark, underrated offensive, but excels in the two-way department.

I don't mind giving you Mike Connolly for him. Better offensive game, but more on the smaller size compared to Nermark.

Sorry, but Avs scouting team rarely draft wingers, because we have this philosophy of we can always convert centres into wingers.
Not sure that either of them would entice the Pens to move Despres.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:50 AM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Really don't see Despres on the move now. He's ready to jump in next year.

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Flat Stanley

Rob Rossi.

Tweeted that the Pens won't get Sutter and the 8th because Carolina knew they could get him in free agency on July 1, 2013.

Tweeted that the Pens and Coyotes had a deal for Yandle and it was a "done deal" I think the deal he was talking about was Michalek for Ruopp, goalie and a 3rd.

Despres is a big, two way defenseman, size on D was our issue in the playoffs, we just acquired a big D man in the Staal trade. I know I said this before, but it makes no sense to trade him, really.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post

They do not have 6 blue chip prospects on defence. Not even close. Talk about overrating a teams prospect pool. Florida has the best group of prospects going and they might have 6 blue chip prospects total. Of those 10 D prospects some are going to be busts, its just the way it is.

2287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:31 AM
bleedpenguins
Rookie User

Not only will Despres not be traded, but he will play 65+ games for the Pens this year. He was terrific in the playoffs and when DB took out Martin (concussion) and put in Despres, they looked like a completely different team.

Shero's ideal D corps would be:

Letang-Suter
Orpik-Despres
Niskanin-Engelland

I pray Paul Martin goes before July 1, giving Shero the room he needs to land free agent fish. If not, he will trade propects and picks for the last pieces he needs (1st line winger, maybe 2, depending on his plans for Dupuis). Despres will not be moved though, neither will Morrow or Pouliot. Everyone else is fair game.

PS I still think theres a shot at Iggy. Anyone have his contract term/hit?

bleedpenguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Vujtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Not sure that either of them would entice the Pens to move Despres.
Even both of them paired together won't get Shero to consider the deal. Those guys do nothing for the Pens. Mid-level prospects at best.

Vujtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I can see us being able to land a forward if Parise doesn't pan out. But im not seeing how we land a legit top pairing guy if we don't get Suter.

We don't have an attractive NHL ready forward we can move and Martin isn't exactly going to get us a whole lot. High potential PMD, sure we have them. But I don't see a team giving up a huge upgrade over Orpik with how highly coveted top 4 guys are.

I hope we have plan B's for both positions. Hope Im wrong.
The Pens don't need to trade for a true top pairing guy that will cost valuable assets, they are likely looking for just a rock solid defender that can allow Letang to do his thing.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:31 AM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
The Pens don't need to trade for a true top pairing guy that will cost valuable assets, they are likely looking for just a rock solid defender that can allow Letang to do his thing.
Could use Suter, but if we fail to land him then I'd like to pursue Niklas Hjalmarsson

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:29 AM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2287 View Post
They do not have 6 blue chip prospects on defence. Not even close. Talk about overrating a teams prospect pool. Florida has the best group of prospects going and they might have 6 blue chip prospects total. Of those 10 D prospects some are going to be busts, its just the way it is.

Joe Morrow (8.0)
Simon Despres (7.5)
Brian Dumoulin (7.5)
Scott Harrington (7.0)
Olli Maatta
Derrick Pouliot

say what you will about Florida being better, i dont care and won't dispute that but pittsburgh does have about 6 blue chip prospects on D...

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote