HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland

Ushl

Old
07-29-2012, 10:07 PM
herbst20

vCash: 500
Ushl

This is going to be kind of a vague question. Do you know of any players from Finland that are trying to make a USHL roster this year? The reason I ask is because two Finnish players were in Cedar Rapids 2nd Camp this past weekend. One of the players made the roster according to sources....a forward I am told. The problem is that none of the people I have talked to know his name. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

Here is an article from the Cedar Rapids newspapers that lists the 39 players currently on Cedar Rapids' protected roster. Obviously, they won't have this many players on their final roster.

http://thegazette.com/2012/08/04/cur...riders-roster/

The one player from Finland listed is Eetu Karvinen - who played for HIFK's A juniors last year. The other player with a Finnish name, Levi Erkkila, is actually an American from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan.

I don't have a whole lot of information more than that.

Tony Piscotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 05:00 PM
herbst20

Thank you....I saw that as well.....haven't been able to find much on Eetu Karvinen either. Levi is an undersized F who will remain in Michigan this year....Thanks again!

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote