HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

With the 151st pick, Kings select Colin Miller

Old
06-23-2012, 02:24 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 500
With the 151st pick, Kings select Colin Miller

With their fifth-round pick (No. 151 overall) the Kings selected defenseman Colin Miller from Sault Ste. Marie of the Ontario Hockey League. Miller, 19, is listed at 6 feet and 175 pounds.

This season, his second season with Sault Ste. Marie, Miller had eight goals and 20 assists in 54 games. The Kings had familiarity with Miller, as he spent time in their development camp and rookie camp last fall as a tryout player after he went undrafted last year.

In this story from the Sault Star, Miller talked about his time with the Kings and said, Its close to the hardest thing Ive ever been through in hockey. I learned a lot on the ice and it definitely opened my eyes as to the life of a professional athlete. I saw how hard they have to work and how committed they have to be.

If you want, his twitter is @Colin6Miller. Welcome to the home of the cup!

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Fat Elvis

I read a quote saying he was the 2nd best skater for defensemen in the draft. Got to love dmen that can skate.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:44 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I read a quote saying he was the 2nd best skater for defensemen in the draft. Got to love dmen that can skate.
Dean obviously does. Drew, Slava, and AMart can all skate...and well! Not sure projections on this kid or if he has any tools to go along with skating but I'm sure we'll all find out in due time. Might have to head down to LA for prospects camp when it rolls around.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:27 PM
losingsand

I definitely remember him out of all the dev camp invitees last year. Good Skill, not a physical d-man. great first pass, reacts well, and just solid on the PP point. Kings got a good look at him last year and seem to like him enough to draft him.

losingsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Brock

While I didn't have Miller ranked among the top 10 overagers from the OHL for this draft, I did have him as an HM. And it doesn't surprise me he was drafted.

I had Miller ranked 45th among OHL guys last year, but he went undrafted.

He's just a very steady defenseman. Solid in nearly every area. Good skater and defender off the rush. Can be physical when he needs to be. Offensive game made strides this year as he looked more confident with the puck.

I'm not sure he ever develops into an NHL player (just as a comparison, Andrew Campbell was a better OHL defenseman), but he should at least provide some depth to your organization as early as next year.