HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

11'/12' Offseason /Trades/Signings: Burke's New Move?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2012, 01:16 PM
  #851
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Henny is on the MLSE payroll, if anyone has a read on things, it's probably him.

There's probably negotiations on-going, or he wouldn't string folks along.
I have to think there are more moves that are imminent too. We're basically only 1 player different so far, and we still have gluts in 2nd line scoring and on the blue line.

Something will happen I'm sure, especially if Schultz is getting pitched...

dubplatepressure is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:17 PM
  #852
Cor
I'm Not Drunk
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Not Hurt's Basement
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,329
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Henny is on the MLSE payroll, if anyone has a read on things, it's probably him.

There's probably negotiations on-going, or he wouldn't string folks along.
Thats what im thinking. Its not like he's Eklund trying to get "hits"

He has ZERO reason just to say they have another deal, unless there really is one coming. Thats my view anyways

Cor is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:17 PM
  #853
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!
 
BayStBullies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: @BayStBullies
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I'm not holding my breath on another trade. If a trade happens, Henny looks like a genius. If no trade happens, he can just say 'it fell through'.
He tends to lead his questions with a supplied answer; then awaits the person being interviewed agreeing with his perspective. I would not be surprised if there was no deal at all.

Henny: So you are likely working on other deals. I imagine you are not done yet?

Burke: That's about right.

(Henny is off to Twitter): "...leafs not done yet."

BayStBullies is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:21 PM
  #854
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
He tends to lead his questions with a supplied answer; then awaits the person being interviewed agreeing with his perspective. I would not be surprised if there was no deal at all.

Henny: So you are likely working on other deals. I imagine you are not done yet?

Burke: That's about right.

(Henny is off to Twitter): "...leafs not done yet."
He specifically answered "No" to the question about if the trade fell through this morning. So he must know, or at least feel, the trade will be announced soon. He feels pretty confident that something is about to go down.

I have never ever seen Hendricks put out a rumor or even talk about rumors. I tend to think there's legs to it... but it may take a couple days to become official.

SprDaVE is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:22 PM
  #855
Cor
I'm Not Drunk
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Not Hurt's Basement
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,329
vCash: 50
for anyone that hasnt heard, Matt Rupert (Ryan Ruperts twin) has accept an invite to attend the Leafs Rookie Camp

Cor is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:23 PM
  #856
Cor
I'm Not Drunk
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Not Hurt's Basement
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,329
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
He specifically answered "No" to the question about if the trade fell through this morning. So he must know, or at least feel, the trade will be announced soon. He feels pretty confident that something is about to go down.

I have never ever seen Hendricks put out a rumor or even talk about rumors. I tend to think there's legs to it... but it may take a couple days to become official.
This^^^^

Paul Hendricks has no reason to do that. Its not like he runs a website and is anonymous and needs hits

Cor is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:23 PM
  #857
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
Saw this proposal on Canucks board:

Luongo
Raymond
Ballard
3rd rounder

for

JVR
Franson
Lombardi

I'd think long and hard about this one.
EEsh, thanks but no thanks maybe switch Lomb for Komi and JVR for Kadri.

Ballard is on a horrible contract. Raymond is a RFA.

Lombs cap hit can be sent to the AHL if it's an issue.

Faltorvo is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:28 PM
  #858
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
This is a bit of a strawman argument, because I didn't ask about Phanouf. I asked "Perhaps you can provide some examples of hockey minds that refer to #1 defensemen solely as stars?" Stars, not Phanouf. I'll simply assume the answer is no.
You can't even spell Phaneuf properly.

You're also one of those guys that, no matter the evidence presented or the reasoning of someone else, you always have to be right. I'm willing to claim that we differ in opinion, that neither of us necessarily right or wrong, and you're not even willing to meet there. It's a very poor quality to have in the real world.

Hell, I'm willing to admit you're right. I really don't give a **** anymore, because this argument is going absolutely nowhere.

You're right, you win, game over, congratulations. There, all better now?

91Kadri91 is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:29 PM
  #859
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 16,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
Saw this proposal on Canucks board:

Luongo
Raymond
Ballard
3rd rounder

for

JVR
Franson
Lombardi

I'd think long and hard about this one.
No way.

Nucks fans put Raymond and Ballard in every proposal for a reason. Do not want.

JVR is a very important acquisition for our team and we need to keep him.

We just need to be patient. It would not be smart for the Nucks to go into next season with both goalies because that will be a huge distraction for the team. Burkie just needs to wait until Gillis lowers his asking price then pull the trigger. If Panthers outbid us then they can have him. Then we can explore other options like Theodore and Backstrom.

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:29 PM
  #860
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
EEsh, thanks but no thanks maybe switch Lomb for Komi and JVR for Kadri.

Ballard is on a horrible contract. Raymond is a RFA.

Lombs cap hit can be sent to the AHL if it's an issue.
Believe me, Vancouver is getting nothing close to that for Luongo - that's the whole point here.

dubplatepressure is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:30 PM
  #861
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
Incorrect.


That proves my point quite nicely.

91Kadri91 is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:36 PM
  #862
IWD
Playoff-hardened
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 4,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
Saw this proposal on Canucks board:

Luongo
Raymond
Ballard
3rd rounder

for

JVR
Franson
Lombardi

I'd think long and hard about this one.
Ballard is a cap dump, Raymond is an inconsistent version of MacArthur, and Luongo's elite skillset is offset by his contract.

Lombardi has one year left on his very affordable contract, Franson is young, big, and projected to be a top four defenseman, and JVR is the potential first-line powerforward that we've coveted for years.

IWD is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:36 PM
  #863
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,080
vCash: 500
After being extremely pissed yesterday when Schenn was traded, I've actually opened up to JVR.

I really hope he reaches his potential and becomes a top line, 30+ goal scoring winger

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:37 PM
  #864
IWD
Playoff-hardened
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 4,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post


That proves my point quite nicely.
You being incorrect proves your point exactly? So then why are you disagreeing?

IWD is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:46 PM
  #865
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
You being incorrect proves your point exactly? So then why are you disagreeing?


It's okay to differ in opinion. Really, it is. It doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong. It's not like we're arguing fact here.

Someone who is so persistent on them right in a situation like this, usually means they're extremely insecure. I should know, I was just as bad as you when I was younger, and I can assure you that I was very insecure.

I'll leave it at that.

91Kadri91 is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:49 PM
  #866
TMLKesselftw
Registered User
 
TMLKesselftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
After being extremely pissed yesterday when Schenn was traded, I've actually opened up to JVR.

I really hope he reaches his potential and becomes a top line, 30+ goal scoring winger
The more I think about it I agree, if Kessel and Lupul can keep up their production (or close to it) and Kulimen can get around 20, then JVR+Kadri+Frattin hit their potential, our top 9 wingers could be very very good... Not to mention we have other wingers with the potential to surprise, I feel like somebody is gonna get traded (along with MacArthur) considering our winger prospects are almost as much as our D prospects.


Kadri
Frattin
Biggs
Ashton
Ross

All these prospects will be fighting for 2 spots unless one of our current wingers (in addition to MacA) is traded

TMLKesselftw is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:53 PM
  #867
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
The more I think about it I agree, if Kessel and Lupul can keep up their production (or close to it) and Kulimen can get around 20, then JVR+Kadri+Frattin hit their potential, our top 9 wingers could be very very good... Not to mention we have other wingers with the potential to surprise, I feel like somebody is gonna get traded (along with MacArthur) considering our winger prospects are almost as much as our D prospects.


Kadri
Frattin
Biggs
Ashton
Ross

All these prospects will be fighting for 2 spots unless one of our current wingers (in addition to MacA) is traded

One of Mac or Kulemin will be dealt along with at least one of Franson or Gunnar.

dubplatepressure is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:54 PM
  #868
Beleafer4
Registered User
 
Beleafer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
Saw this proposal on Canucks board:

Luongo
Raymond
Ballard
3rd rounder

for

JVR
Franson
Lombardi

I'd think long and hard about this one.
Its good value but doesnt make sense for us

Yes we get luongo, but:
-We add a long term highly paid d-man in ballard. He will be redundant with reilly, gardiner, liles, percy, blacker, gunnar, finn etc in the system
-We get smaller (JVR for raymond)
-We get older

I would rather trade for just Luongo and troop through lombardi's contract for 1 more year. For all we know he can surprise in camp. Even if he doesnt, he should be easily moveable come trade deadline.

Beleafer4 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:54 PM
  #869
IWD
Playoff-hardened
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 4,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
You can't even spell Phaneuf properly.

You're also one of those guys that, no matter the evidence presented or the reasoning of someone else, you always have to be right. I'm willing to claim that we differ in opinion, that neither of us necessarily right or wrong, and you're not even willing to meet there. It's a very poor quality to have in the real world.

Hell, I'm willing to admit you're right. I really don't give a **** anymore, because this argument is going absolutely nowhere.

You're right, you win, game over, congratulations. There, all better now?
The first sentence attacks my spelling of a player's name. In other words, it's an opening salvo against my credibility. It's habitual more than anything, as I focus more on the content of a discussion than details like a player's name.

Secondly, you make the assumption that you somehow know me based on an amateur psychoanalysis based a post where I pointed out the flaw in your reasoning. A flaw, I might add, that was circulating misinformation and unnecessary criticism of a player. Instead of accepting legitimate criticism, you took it personally and are now trying to deflect your own insecurity towards me. Well, I'm not insecure, and I'm confident enough to know when I'm correct about something, when I'm not, and when to compromise. As you didn't provide any evidence to support your claim, and I did, there's no need to concede anything.

More than anything, you don't like that I refused to submit to you, so the response was ad hominem. Maybe there's a confidence issue there. I don't know. The petulance towards me isn't necessary, and since we're talking about poor real world qualities, it might be a good idea to get the control issues addressed. A little introspection goes a long way.

Cheers.

IWD is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:56 PM
  #870
Beleafer4
Registered User
 
Beleafer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
One of Mac or Kulemin will be dealt along with at least one of Franson or Gunnar.
If they dont want mac/franson, I would rather trade them for picks, and give the picks for lou.

Then the nucks can trade the picks for whoever they want.

mac is worth a late first, franson a high second.

Beleafer4 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:57 PM
  #871
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
Saw this proposal on Canucks board:

Luongo
Raymond
Ballard
3rd rounder

for

JVR
Franson
Lombardi

I'd think long and hard about this one.
That's terrible. Luongo is good but has a horrible contract, Raymond is basically a faster and less physical MacArthur, Ballard is Vancouver's version of Komisarek, and a 3rd rounder is nothing special.

We give up JVR who has 30 goal potential and who we just acquired by trading away Schenn, Franson who, while not being given a proper opportunity, has actually played okay and has top 4 potential, and Lombardi who was also a good player before his concussion.

Horrible, Burke would never agree

LeafOfBread is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:01 PM
  #872
colchar
Registered User
 
colchar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
The more I think about it I agree, if Kessel and Lupul can keep up their production (or close to it) and Kulimen can get around 20, then JVR+Kadri+Frattin hit their potential, our top 9 wingers could be very very good... Not to mention we have other wingers with the potential to surprise, I feel like somebody is gonna get traded (along with MacArthur) considering our winger prospects are almost as much as our D prospects.


Kadri
Frattin
Biggs
Ashton
Ross

All these prospects will be fighting for 2 spots unless one of our current wingers (in addition to MacA) is traded


I posted a link yesterday that included some comments about Kadri from Eakins and those seemed to indicate that their patience with him is running out so I could easily see him being included in a deal.

Here is the link (scroll down to the second section):


http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/22...speedy-defence

colchar is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:03 PM
  #873
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
The first sentence attacks my spelling of a player's name. In other words, it's an opening salvo against my credibility. It's habitual more than anything, as I focus more on the content of a discussion than details like a player's name.

Secondly, you make the assumption that you somehow know me based on an amateur psychoanalysis based a post where I pointed out the flaw in your reasoning. A flaw, I might add, that was circulating misinformation and unnecessary criticism of a player. Instead of accepting legitimate criticism, you took it personally and are now trying to deflect your own insecurity towards me. Well, I'm not insecure, and I'm confident enough to know when I'm correct about something, when I'm not, and when to compromise. More than anything, you don't like that I refused to submit to you, so the response was ad hominem. Maybe there's a confidence issue there. I don't know.

The petulance towards me isn't necessary, and since we're talking about poor real world qualities, it might be a good idea to get the control issues addressed. A little introspection goes a long way.

You're welcome. Cheers.
You keep telling yourself that.

I hope, for your sake, that someday you become aware that you really don't know when you're correct, when to make a compromise, and when you're incorrect. You should also consider introspection. I went through that stage, and I believe your time has come. I'm not attacking you, like you seem to believe, I'm simply offering you valuable tips for when the real world comes calling.

Oh, and saying that I'm incorrect is not legitimate criticism, it's you not willing to be wrong. Which is fine, because that comes with maturity.

I wish you all the best in life's endeavors.

91Kadri91 is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:03 PM
  #874
Cor
I'm Not Drunk
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Not Hurt's Basement
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,329
vCash: 50
What colchar was talking about;

“It’s up to him now. We’ve given him the necessary information. He know he needs to get stronger, he needs another step and he knows the rules that are in place for his game when he’s on the ice. He’ll either accept those and become a very good NHL player or he won’t accept them and move on somewhere else.”

Cor is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 02:04 PM
  #875
Duke Silver
Truce?
 
Duke Silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,606
vCash: 450
CANUCKS FANS: We do NOT want Mason Raymond.

We just gave up Luke Schenn because we wanted to add somebody with size and skill to our top-6. We're not about to trade JVR.

Mason Raymond is the anti-thesis of what we need. Small, soft and hard-pressed to make our top-6.

Stop throwing him in every trade proposal as if he has any value to us.

Duke Silver is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.