HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres prospects

Old
06-23-2012, 01:44 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

vCash: 530
Sabres prospects

Hey Sabres fans I live in Georgia and currently the Gwinnett Gladiators are still your ECHL affiliate. So I was wondering out of the current draft class who would be most likely to spend some time in Gwinnett? I'm pretty sure Grigorenko won't but someone as high as a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
Hey Sabres fans I live in Georgia and currently the Gwinnett Gladiators are still your ECHL affiliate. So I was wondering out of the current draft class who would be most likely to spend some time in Gwinnett? I'm pretty sure Grigorenko won't but someone as high as a 2nd or 3rd round pick?
You're looking at the wrong draft class IMO. None of these guys have signed an ELC (yet), so they won't be in the pros at any level. However, you may see one of our goalies from past drafts, as either Connor Knapp or Nathan Lieuwen should get reps in the ECHL if they lose the battle to backup Leggio (assuming he's resigned) in Rochester.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:00 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

vCash: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
You're looking at the wrong draft class IMO. None of these guys have signed an ELC (yet), so they won't be in the pros at any level. However, you may see one of our goalies from past drafts, as either Connor Knapp or Nathan Lieuwen should get reps in the ECHL if they lose the battle to backup Leggio (assuming he's resigned) in Rochester.
I realize many of these guys still have some time to play in juniors or overseas. How good are Knapp and Lieuwen?

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
I realize many of these guys still have some time to play in juniors or overseas. How good are Knapp and Lieuwen?
Both are tall (6'5") first-year pros, but without any pro game experience to speak of, the jury is still out on them. Here's their amateur accomplishments:
Quote:
No surprise here, but Reichard, Knapp Headline Miami's Winners at CCHA Awards:
Knapp (York, N.Y.) became the fourth RedHawk to win the CCHA’s Best Goaltender Award, joining Chuck Thuss (1995), Charlie Effinger (2006) and Reichard (2010). Knapp posted a league-best 1.41 goals-against average in 16 CCHA games, which is the fifth-best single-season GAA in league history. He was also first with a .945 save percentage in CCHA action while posting four shutouts. On the year, he leads the country with a 1.43 GAA and is second nationally with a .943 save percentage, both of which would be school single-season records, while his five shutouts tie for third nationally. He was named Honorable Mention All-CCHA while earning CCHA Goalie of the Month for February. The Buffalo Sabres prospect also earned CCHA Goalie of the Week four times, the most of any goalie, while garnering Inside College Hockey (INCH) National Player of the Week twice.
Link: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=809
Quote:
Ice veterans graduate from the WHL:
For Nathan Lieuwen, the 20-year-old Ice goaltender, graduation likely means a trip up into the AHL with the Rochester Americans, as the Buffalo Sabres drafted him in the sixth round last year.

"That is part of it," confirmed Lieuwen, in an interview last Friday. "We'll see what happens here in the next few months, but I'm excited to see what happens and excited to see how things pan out."

As for leaving Cranbrook and the Ice, Lieuwen said he'll always remember the winning the WHL championship in 2011, but adds that the friendships he's built are what he'll miss the most.

"I mean, the whole organization, from Jeff [Chynoweth] to the coaches, to all the teammates that I've played with over the years, this is a classy organization and I'm very lucky to have played here," Lieuwen said.

"I grew up a lot as a person; I spent five years here and that's a big chunk of my life and I'm very grateful to the city of Cranbrook for taking me in and for all that they've done.

"Walking away from this, I'm definitely a lot more mature and grown up and I'm excited to see where things go."

Over his five years with the club, Lieuwen has built up a record of 85 wins, which is a franchise record, beating out Taylor Dakers, the previous record holder, who accumulated 82.

"It's a great accomplishment, not just for myself, but also for the whole team," Lieuwen said. "For the years that I was here, we were a very winning team. We made the playoffs every year and obviously, last year was our big playoff run so I'm very happy to be a part of that record."
Link: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=853

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote