Zach Parise II

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 07:59 PM
LordFletcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Won't everyone have a cow when Parise signs with Carolina and Suter goes to Calgary?
How dare you!

Old
06-24-2012, 08:02 PM
J22

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
If I were in his shoes and had to choose based on winning. I'd choose Pitt 12 times out of 10. If I did it for family, Minnesota. We'll never know what hes thinking.
Pittsburgh is the team that just got destroyed in the 1st round giving up about 7 goals a game.
Since then they have traded their best deffensive forward, their best deffensive dman and to fit Parise in they would have to also move their 3rd best Dman.

If you're talking Pitt or Minnesota? then yes I would agree with you, but I would have a handful of teams above Pitt if winning was the top priority.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:07 PM
El Nino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by J22 View Post
Pittsburgh is the team that just got destroyed in the 1st round giving up about 7 goals a game.
Since then they have traded their best deffensive forward, their best deffensive dman and to fit Parise in they would have to also move their 3rd best Dman.

If you're talking Pitt or Minnesota? then yes I would agree with you, but I would have a handful of teams above Pitt if winning was the top priority.
Pitt also got back Brandon Sutter who is a great defensive 3rd line center. Also they have guys like Joe Morrow and Simon Depres ready to play NHL hockey next year. If nothing else there is a strong class of FA D.

Don't get me wrong I don't want Parise anywhere but Minnesota although i think Pit will make for some serious competition. especially given parise and crosby are great friends.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:09 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetCluttered View Post
Pitt also got back Brandon Sutter who is a great defensive 3rd line center. Also they have guys like Joe Morrow and Simon Depres ready to play NHL hockey next year. If nothing else there is a strong class of FA D.

Don't get me wrong I don't want Parise anywhere but Minnesota although i think Pit will make for some serious competition. especially given parise and crosby are great friends.
Not going to touch the rest of the post but what alternate reality are you living in? This is the most pathetic FA for defensemen at least since the lockout. It's absolutely horrible.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:11 PM
J22

Quote:

I disagree with bolded. My point is that Pitt got blasted out of the playoffs because they couldnt play defense, and as of right now their defense has gotten worse not better.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:

And they got a gifted defensive forward back. There D corps was ravaged by injury, not to mention a few key prospects turning pro, as previously mentioned. If all the rumors are true and it is a package deal, then they'd also get Suter. So, they'd be gaining one of the best D. Pitt has winning down pat.

And with the drafting of Pouliot and Maatta, they are improving their D. Even though it will be 2-4 years before we see them.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:21 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:

Not saying they're not "great friends", but where is the evidence of that (other than speculation)? They didn't play at Shattuck at the same time. When did they become close friends?

Old
06-24-2012, 08:25 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 300
This whole "friend" thing is more overrated than playing for your "hometown" team....No one thinks he has any friends on the Devils?

Old
06-24-2012, 08:26 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNState0fHockey View Post
Not saying they're not "great friends", but where is the evidence of that (other than speculation)? They didn't play at Shattuck at the same time. When did they become close friends?
They're friends like Tom Gilbert, Ryan Suter and Zach Parise are friends. Long live Pierre keeping that one going.

But yes, Pitt's defense is interesting situation right now. They have a good pipeline for it and adding Pouliot, Maata and trading for Brian Dumoulin (who may have been the best defenseman in college hockey last season) will help. Will that matter? Maybe. It's not like the pipeline is one of Minnesota's selling points too.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
06-24-2012, 08:27 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
They're friends like Tom Gilbert, Ryan Suter and Zach Parise are friends. Long live Pierre keeping that one going.
LOL! Gotcha, so their best friends then.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:29 PM
J22

Quote:
And they got a gifted defensive forward back. There D corps was ravaged by injury, not to mention a few key prospects turning pro, as previously mentioned. If all the rumors are true and it is a package deal, then they'd also get Suter. So, they'd be gaining one of the best D. Pitt has winning down pat.

And with the drafting of Pouliot and Maatta, they are improving their D. Even though it will be 2-4 years before we see them.
First of all, I dont see any way that they could afford both Parise and Suter.

Who would you take if you needed a shutdown center, Staal or Sutter? Pitt downgraded defensively IMO.

The prospects very well may be great, but the chances that they can step in and be better than Michalek/Martin right away are not great.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Just you wait for Parise to sign and say, "I came because Gilbert just puts the Wild over the top! I just couldn't ignore them any longer."

Old
06-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 728
I'm hoping in the end, these are the friends that count:

Old
06-24-2012, 08:33 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Just you wait for Parise to sign and say, "I came because Gilbert just puts the Wild over the top! I just couldn't ignore them any longer."
Well, my little brother beaned Parise in baseball once, and he's a Wild fan, so I think that definately hurts our chances

Old
06-24-2012, 08:33 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:

Those are some pretty influential fellows.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:36 PM
J22

Quote:

You're gonna need a pretty big truck if you plan on paying him with Lincolns

Old
06-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Well, my little brother beaned Parise in baseball once, and he's a Wild fan, so I think that definately hurts our chances
Why does your brother doom us to suck?!

Quote:
Those are some pretty influential fellows.
Meh, only big guy on top has any real value.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:38 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:

Old
06-24-2012, 08:41 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Why does your brother doom us to suck?!

Meh, only big guy on top has any real value.
Haha... It's his claim to fame

Old
06-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 728
Quote:
You're gonna need a pretty big truck if you plan on paying him with Lincolns
Okay, we'll have to get the Fed to start printing these again:

Old
06-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
I love that show.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:54 PM
El Nino22

Quote:

But yes, Pitt's defense is interesting situation right now. They have a good pipeline for it and adding Pouliot, Maata and trading for Brian Dumoulin (who may have been the best defenseman in college hockey last season) will help. Will that matter? Maybe. It's not like the pipeline is one of Minnesota's selling points too.
Actually they are friends like Crosby sat with his family during the Stanley Cup final.

Also Squidz with Suter, Weber, Carle, Wideman, and Garrison all being potential UFA's I'd say be a top tier team like Pit with money to spend makes that a very intriguing group. Where the depth behind that falls for the middle to lower tier teams is not important.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:05 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Actually they are friends like Crosby sat with his family during the Stanley Cup final.

Also Squidz with Suter, Weber, Carle, Wideman, and Garrison all being potential UFA's I'd say be a top tier team like Pit with money to spend makes that a very intriguing group. Where the depth behind that falls for the middle to lower tier teams is not important.
J.P Parise was Sid's coach at Shattuck. Doesn't mean he and Zach are good buddies.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:14 PM
El Nino22

Quote:

I can't remeber where i read it to post a link but the article was pretty clear that Zach and Crosby were close friends. Media over speculation maybe, but our tie to Parise isn't a whole ton greater. Yeah he lived here, he also played hockey for North Dakota.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:15 PM
J22

Quote:

Suter is a stud, Weber is not a UFA, and Carle, Wideman, and Garrison are #4's at best.
This years crop of UFA Dmen is pretty thin IMO.

Closed Thread