HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Development Camp 2012 July 6th-10th

Old
07-11-2012, 03:15 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
No facts to back it up, but I believe it would be right around the league minimum (whether he signed now or after he was drafted.) I think the only flexibility on ELC is in performance bonuses and signing bonus and even those are limited. The only advantage to him taking his chances in the draft would be; he doesn't want to play for LA, or hope to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. If he's a high draft pick he'll have more bargaining power come time to sign his ELC.
That's kind of my point as well.

You view as he doesn't have much to gain, I'm saying he doesn't have much to lose. Yes he could get hurt. That said, he could also play a full season and get drafted like Pearson. It's a coin flip but odds are at worst, he'll get offered a minimum salary deal again next year.

As far as not wanting to sign in LA, that could also be a factor since we are currently eyeball deep in D-men.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 03:17 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
Those are valid points and maybe he also wanted to check out the beach for a few days too. But ultimately when your goal is to play in the NHL and you get a chance to sign a contract with a team, you don't let that get away, especially for guys like him who are not elite talents (ie guaranteed 1st or 2nd round pick).

Unless he decided he just didn't like LA and the organization or if he got an offer from another team, it would be wise for him, or anyone else for that matter, to sign IMO. At least that would be my advice for them.
That's assuming it's on the table as well.

Outside of Jones and Roach, have we signed anyone else? As well, have we offered a contract to anyone and they turned it down? I'd like to know if anyone has said no, and for what reason.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Ziostilon

should Weal be playing wing next year

Ziostilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 05:56 AM
salami

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Kurtis MacDermid, camp invitee, was most impressive among defensemen today. Think Kings should consider signing.
Good call KP.

salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:32 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Yep, MacDermid is signed. No numbers yet that I have seen, but to use some comparibles to find a number, Evan McEneny (undrafted junior player signed by the Vancouver Canucks today) signed for a cap hit of $576,667 and a signing bonus of $155,000 over three years. Alex Roach signed with the Kings last year at a cap hit of $542,778 and a signing bonus of $80,000.

Likely somewhere around $550,000 - $560,000 with a signing bonus of between $80,000 and $120,000 for MacDermid as my guess.