HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs aren't done yet (Paul Hendrick)

Old
06-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Small Brain Presence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post
I would love Wilson, but Don Cherry would explain as would some of Leafs Nation. I love American players, don't get the hate at all.
Didn't Wilson grow up mostly in Winnipeg? I think he's just one of those Americans by convenience for international hockey purposes because his mom is American? Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

Small Brain Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks View Post
In Bobby Mac's latest blog he comments that Gillis will likely re-sign Schneider first before trading Luongo....At that point he will have both goalies under contract and would not be the desperate party in any trade negotiation.

Who is desperate here? The two time presidents trophy winning team or the team that hasn't made the playoffs since the lockout?
The real question is... why would Schneider agree to sign anything more than a 1-year deal until Luongo is gone?

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Lol.

Flowzak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:16 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
JVR for Schenn was such a steal for the Leafs. Have to believe the Flyers made this move more so to clear out a spot for Ryan/Parise/Nash.

Congrats, Leafs nation.
I agree...it was a very good trade by the Leafs....Schenn doesn't think the game fast enough to get top 4 minutes.

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:16 PM
clyankees47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
Assuming you'll get elite returns as if he doesn't have that contract, doesn't have a NMC, and Toronto isn't the only destination that has any interest is equally ridiculous.

A top prospect + salary dump is fair for both sides. Ex: Kadri + Komisarek

IMO both sides are equally desperate to make this deal happen.
I'm the biggest Luongo critic and thinks he blows.

But even I would rather keep Luongo than to have to take on Komisarek.

It's ridiculous how Leafs fans keep trying to push Komi on us. Luongo is actually useful in that we can use him as a backup for 20-30 games and insurance if Cory goes down to injury.

Komi would hurt our team being in the lineup. AV doesn't even play Ballard, a better d-man than Komi. He'd sure as hell not play Komi.

And with Luongo, at least he can be waived and sent down to the minors to clear cap space. Can't do that with Komi.

Only way we would even consider taking on Komi is if Gardiner was also coming back.

And sorry, but Kadri is another soft skilled player and we have enough of those. He wouldn't crack our lineup.

At this point (assuming JVR and Gardiner are off-limits), only player of any interest to us is Kulemin and only mildly so..... since he had a 7-goal season last year, is an RFA, and I get the sense is looking at teammate Grabovski's contract as some sort of benchmark for his new contract.

It's looking more and more like Florida is the team we deal him to. We won't get anything spectacular in return..... picks and not great prospects.... but at least we won't be asked by delusional Leafs fans to take on guys like Komisarek without getting anything back that's actually helpful to our lineup.

clyankees47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:18 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
If it is Nashville I hope tootoo's rights are in the deal. He would become a fan favorite quick.
all signs point to him being gone unfortunately. i love toots.. i see him signing with a canadian team personally but i don't see his rights being dealt. no real value there.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:19 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
The real question is... why would Schneider agree to sign anything more than a 1-year deal until Luongo is gone?
Maybe Schneider will explain it, after he signs it...

I in the Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:19 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
What does it matter? He can still be the starting goalie with Luongo here. The two get along well, the only person who will be sour about the situation is Luongo. Hell, if Schneider struggles at camp or early in the year Luongo could easily regain the top job....things can change very quickly.

Old
06-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
L[B]uongo was replaced and relegated to backup duty in the playoffs this season.[/B] Your most important games.
Do I really think Lu is a back up goalie or will be for the rest of his career? No!
But do you really think Kulemin's worst pro season will be indicative of the rest of his career?
So what you are saying is Luongo has been a back-up for a span of 3 games in a 12 year career? I'm not an NHL coach but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make you a back-up goalie.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
So what you are saying is Luongo has been a back-up for a span of 3 games in a 12 year career? I'm not an NHL coach but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make you a back-up goalie.
this is why you're not an nhl coach

Samzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:23 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
Yeah that backup goalie Tim Thomas was useless for the Bruins last year....

Old
06-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Luongo for Blacker/Percy (future D), Komisarek (current plug, evens out LOLongo's horribad contract), and MacArthur (40 point man).

If you don't like it, I'm telling Burke to troll HFBoards again with a trade that people said "is too stupid to happen".

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:29 PM
outoftune

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
Assuming you'll get elite returns as if he doesn't have that contract, doesn't have a NMC, and Toronto isn't the only destination that has any interest is equally ridiculous.

A top prospect + salary dump is fair for both sides. Ex: Kadri + Komisarek

IMO both sides are equally desperate to make this deal happen.

Another rediculous fact is assuming vancity actually has to deal louongo.... let him pine on the bench mixing with sneid and when the leafs are near the bottom with no other options outside of turco see how much they are willing to give

outoftune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:33 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
Luongo for Blacker/Percy (future D), Komisarek (current plug, evens out LOLongo's horribad contract), and MacArthur (40 point man).

If you don't like it, I'm telling Burke to troll HFBoards again with a trade that people said "is too stupid to happen".
No Thanks. We'll deal with Florida. After you've ruined Scrivens and Reimer like you ruined the Monster you can trade them for 7th rounders next year. Either that or we'll wait until Xmas after Burke is fired for being out of the playoffs again and deal with his successor.

vanwest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:37 PM
medhatcanuck

Quote:

Haha second part is funny.

First part is a nogo. Literally none of those pieces help us, we'd be better off just taking a 2nd rounder.

medhatcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:42 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
No Thanks. We'll deal with Florida. After you've ruined Scrivens and Reimer like you ruined the Monster you can trade them for 7th rounders next year. Either that or we'll wait until Xmas after Burke is fired for being out of the playoffs again and deal with his successor.
Because they're going to give you more than 2nd line scoring and a 1st round prospect? Hahaha

You guys crack me up.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Boondock

Quote:

The whole reason we will be moving Luongo is to create cap flexibility so you suggest we trade our goalie with a 5.3 cap hit for a dman who wouldn't play making 4.5 million and a 3rd line winger making 3.25 and a prospect who may or may not ever play in the NHL. Add to this that MacA is an upcoming UFA and Komi has a NMC so we can't even dump him and this deal is even more ludicrous. If you do the math the Canucks add 2.45 million for an average prospect, a 3rd line winger and a guy to sit in the press box.

Now I understand that almost any Luongo deal will require us to take some cap back, but we won't be adding more cap for significant downgrade in quality. I could see a deal that includes Lombardi because the Canucks are going to need to add a C for next season especially with Kesler on the self for the first 6 weeks. Other then Lombardi, I don't see Gillis being willing to take on any other TO dumps. 0% chance they take Komi, Connolly or Armstrong.

Old
06-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Yosho
Logic

My guess is the rights to Suter..

Just a blind stab, though.

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Because they're going to give you more than 2nd line scoring and a 1st round prospect? Hahaha

You guys crack me up.
Who offered a 2nd line winger and a 1st round pick? Taking a mid round pick alone would be more helpful to the Canucks then taking on Komi's contract and NMC. We are looking for cap space to add players, not jettison Luongo for a big waste of cap space.

Old
06-23-2012, 06:47 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Oh yeah I forgot... elite goalies aren't worth 7 goal scorers anymore
Ask Tim Thomas.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:47 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post

You guys crack me up.
You certainly have cracked up.
Maybe you could point out who in the proposal is a second line scorer on the Canucks and who is a first round prospect. And then you ask us to take on one of the worst contracts on the NHL for a guy who will sit in the pressbox. Sorry, I'd rather get one decent player.

Old
06-23-2012, 06:49 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Who offered a 2nd line winger and a 1st round pick? Taking a mid round pick alone would be more helpful to the Canucks then taking on Komi's contract and NMC. We are looking for cap space to add players, not jettison Luongo for a big waste of cap space.
I'm wondering if maybe he thinks Komisarek is the first round prospect. Maybe he doesn't watch the Leafs much.

Old
06-23-2012, 06:50 PM
DopeyFish

vCash: 737
10 minutes till presser

Have a feeling the 2nd deal fell apart maybe

DopeyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyFish View Post
10 minutes till presser

Have a feeling the 2nd deal fell apart maybe
I tweeted Henrick and he said the deal didn't fall apart :/

Kbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
I tweeted Henrick and he said the deal didn't fall apart :/
lol so this dude is saying another deal is coming? funny stuff as even with a big deal we want more

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote