HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Justin Schultz

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2012, 07:35 PM
asdfman
Weeeee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTimer View Post
Exactly!!! I will be shocked if he signs anywhere else!

Here are my points...Gardiner factor!!! Reported that Gardiner went to visit him and skate with him during the Allstar break...How many other players on other teams did that???

They talked about playing together in the NHL...Widely reported!

One of the biggest attractions for a UFA is the Location of the ACC, Mastercard Centre, Ricoh Colisium, Bremnar SQ.... For most who don't know what this means....they are about 15-20 minutes apart!! YOU CAN LIVE ANYWHERE IN BETWEEN AND BE IN ANY ARENA FOR PRACTICE OR GAMES!!!

Should he not make the Leafs...he is less than 15 minutes away for the first injury callup during the same day...RC walks across the Marlies pad and tell him he is playing that night!!!

He can live or share a place with Gardiner even if he is not on the Leafs.
They can hang together after practice, Marlies and Leaf practices are at the same time!!!

No matter what other fans say...the benefits of playing and living in TO far outweigh the stupid comments like Oil fans saying he will be part of a great nucleas playing with Hall, YAK, EBS, RNH, ...REALLY WHO THE **** CARE ABOUT THAT...MOST WILL LEAVE AS SOON AS THEY CAN GET A BIG PAYOFF FROM OTHER TEAMS

I WILL EAT MY SHORTS ON HERE IF HE SIGNS WITH ANOTHER TEAM OTHER THAN THE LEAFS!!!

MOST OF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TO TORONTO TO SEE THE ABSOLUTE BENEFITS OF SIGNING WITH THE LEAFS!!

EVEN IF MOST OF YOU DON'T LIKE BURKE!
Why are you so agitated about nothing?

Old
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays View Post
So you're telling all of us Schultz will sign with you so he can spend more time with his buddy? Has absolutely nothing to do with his hockey career? So he can be close to the arena? lol so he can practice with his friend? Cmon man.

I won't be shocked if he signs with Toronto, however your reasons are a joke.
My reasons are the most realistic and practical why a young UFA would be willing to sign with the Leafs!!!

If you knew anything about the leafs organization and how they are structured for AHL, NHL, where they live and practice...your would npot doubt what i am saying!!

Old
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckingcru View Post
sorry, I know it is opinion, but Lupul is better than Eberle right now. He is a leader with great scoring capabilities as shown by last year. HE was an A on the ALL STAR team... anyway in a way you are right, Horcoff is better atm than Frattin.
Did you know that there isn't one player in the league that played over 40 games last season that was scored on at even strength more frequently than Joffrey Lupul?

He actually negated the positive effect that his offence brought to the team with his terrible defensive play.

Old
06-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Elliot20

The reasoning is pretty simple for Vancouver

Vancouver:
- Closest to home, grew up as a Canucks fan, family (and probably friends) are Canuck fans as well
- Most competitive team and will get playoff exposure immediately for at least 3 more years
- Will get PP time
- Will be a learner on the blueline

If Schultz wants a career and a big payday, why not Vancouver? Most competitive team and can get playing time on the powerplay with Sedins, Kesler, Edler. He will essentially be an Ehrhoff replacement. Not only that, but he has the best chance to play in the playoffs in April.

Old
06-23-2012, 07:39 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
My reasons are the most realistic and practical why a young UFA would be willing to sign with the Leafs!!!

If you knew anything about the leafs organization and how they are structured for AHL, NHL, where they live and practice...your would npot doubt what i am saying!!
? The first part of your rant is about him being BFFs with Jake Gardiner... but that's fairly redundant as many players around the NHL are friends with each other and rarely have I ever seen an NHL player pick a team for friendship. Selanne and Kariya is the only example that springs to mind.

If we're going by this standard would it not be just as appropriate to point out that he has listed his favourite team as the Canucks? It's also the team that all of his family and closest friends cheer for, which has been the same type of rumour driver around Ryan Suter potentially going to the Hawks on July 1st.... not even mentioning the Canucks have been the best team in the NHL for 2 years and Schultz' skillset is exactly what they are looking for...

Old
06-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
He will get those from any team...CBA!
Clearly you've got the reading comprehension of a 5 year old, so I'll spoon feed it to you:

You power play have the 6.5million dollar caveman and Gardiner to beat out for opportunity.

Me power play have AHL guy. Still finish top 3. Schultz on power play mean Schultz hit bonus. Mean Schultz have money to buy cool stuff. The end.

Old
06-23-2012, 07:42 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Did you know that there isn't one player in the league that played over 40 games last season that was scored on at even strength more frequently than Joffrey Lupul?

He actually negated the positive effect that his offence brought to the team with his terrible defensive play.
wow and it's not even close either. Lupul sucks

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...+26+27+28#sort

Old
06-23-2012, 07:43 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot20 View Post

Vancouver:
- Closest to home, grew up as a Canucks fan, family (and probably friends) are Canuck fans as well
- Most competitive team and will get playoff exposure immediately for at least 3 more years
- Will get PP time

If Schultz wants a career and a big payday, why not Vancouver? Most competitive team and can get playing time on the powerplay with Sedins, Kesler, Edler. He will essentially be an Ehrhoff replacement. Not only that, but he has the best chance to play in the playoffs in April.

All I hear is YADA YADA YADA!!! Nothing practical for his career!!!...Close to home, can play with this player or that player, Players don't look at line- ups and say....wow...I can play with Edler. My whole career will be be based around playing with Edler!!!

Get ****ing serious!!! Or get smart!!!

Old
06-23-2012, 07:45 PM
A Sequel to Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Clearly you've got the reading comprehension of a 5 year old, so I'll spoon feed it to you:

You power play have the 6.5million dollar caveman and Gardiner to beat out for opportunity.

Me power play have AHL guy. Still finish top 3. Schultz on power play mean Schultz hit bonus. Mean Schultz have money to buy cool stuff. The end.
Legitimately laughed at this.

Old
WJG
Running and Rioting

Come to Winnipeg.

We're like Edmonton, but not.

Old
CSimpson18

Quote:
as you can see the forwards are pretty much even right now
lol.

that is all.

Old
06-23-2012, 07:46 PM
leafsfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot20 View Post

Vancouver:
- Will get PP time

Only question is how much playing time will he get? Teams competing for the stanley cup would not want Rookie who hasn't played in the NHL log key PP or Top 4 minutes. Edmonton gives him the better chance of high ice time and learning from mistakes (canucks can't afford that). Toronto is a kind in between.

I would probably rate it as follows

Edmonton
Leafs
Vancouver

Old
wej20

Pens, Shero must fuel his addiction.

Old
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post

Right and Canucks PP could be missing the only real true PP guy in Salo with Edler on the left side and Bieksa being more suited to 2nd group PP.

Just based off all the info i'd guess Oilers or Nucks, strongest arguments IMO.

Old
06-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
All I hear is YADA YADA YADA!!! Nothing practical for his career!!!...Close to home, can play with this player or that player, Players don't look at line- ups and say....wow...I can play with Edler. My whole career will be be based around playing with Edler!!!

What are you on . Just calm down already.

Old
06-23-2012, 07:48 PM
sayheykid

Quote:
All I hear is YADA YADA YADA!!! Nothing practical for his career!!!
As opposed to the infallibly practical logic of playing with his friend and having his AHL affiliate nearby?

Old
06-23-2012, 07:49 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan2 View Post
Only question is how much playing time will he get? Teams competing for the stanley cup would not want Rookie who hasn't played in the NHL log key PP or Top 4 minutes. Edmonton gives him the better chance of high ice time and learning from mistakes (canucks can't afford that). Toronto is a kind in between.

I would probably rate it as follows

Edmonton
Leafs
Vancouver
As it sits he'd get lots of PP time in Vancouver, unless the Canucks find two more RH d-men in the next few weeks.

Old
ddawg1950

Quote:

Well perhaps you'd hear more than just yada yada yada if you actually listened to other posters opinions instead of just shouting down everyone else.

It's nice that you have developed your opinion about where he will sign.

But it's just an opinion.

And much like your brown round, everyone has one.

Old
wreckingcru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic Duo 934 View Post
Eberle>Lupul
Yakupov>JVR
Hemsky>Macarthur
Horcoff>Frattin

The forwards aren't actually that close and it's kind of dumb to compare these players one for one. For instance, Hopkins makes MUCH more of an impact then Bozak does. You can't really compare these players like that. You can compare the overall core and I'm pretty sure everyone would take Edmonton's right now and in the future. Toronto's defence is definitely better then ours on paper but then again, everyone's is.

However, this thread is about Schultz and the thing with the Oilers is that we need desperate help on D. That's where Schultz comes in play, he will pretty much be guaranteed a spot in the top 4 and would help QB the number 3 ranked powerplay. He would be right around the same age as these players and would get to play with a bunch of skilled players. He would pretty much grow with them and be a part of this team as it gets better.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the fact that Toronto isn't in the running or anything. They definitely are and I agree that Edmonton and Toronto are probably the front runners at this point but the Rangers and Canucks also have a very good chance but IMO, Edmonton makes the most sense for him. A young team that's on the rise and need help on D. It helps both the Oilers and Schultz.
But what if he wants to win now?

Old
06-23-2012, 07:50 PM
leafsfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Right and Canucks PP could be missing the only real true PP guy in Salo with Edler on the left side and Bieksa being more suited to 2nd group PP.

Just based off all the info i'd guess Oilers or Nucks, strongest arguments IMO.
And the player you want running is a rookie who has not even played minor league hockey let alone NHL. It a big gamble for canucks that are competing for the stanley cup.

Old
06-23-2012, 07:51 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Ah, that explains why the Leafs let in 27 more goals than the Oilers last year.

That's the same margin that separated New Jersey and Nashville from Edmonton.
Goalies?

Old
06-23-2012, 07:52 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
It's my impression that things will go like this on July 1st ----

Schultz - I want to play in Canada.

Detroit, New York and San Jose - Ahhh damn.

Schultz - I want some reassurances that I'll be able to play top 4 minutes.

Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal - Ahhhh damn

Edmonton - Well, Whitney only has one year left at at this point Peter Forsberg would probably make a better defenseman than Ryan Whitney
ottawa's defense looks like this next season:

?-Karlsson
Cowen-?
Phillips-Gonchar
Carkner (UFA but probably re-signed)

top 4 minutes are not a problem. Playing the same side as the norris winner is.

06-23-2012, 07:53 PM
wreckingcru

Quote:

Sorry man, I am with you on the Schultz to Leafs, but think about it. Say if Schultz would sign in Anaheim, wouldn't you think that he would be like...I get to play with Corey and Getlzaf? And close to home is a HUGE reason.

Old
06-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
But what if he wants to win now?
Then he would probably pick the Canucks or the Rangers, not the Leafs.

Old
06-23-2012, 07:56 PM
wreckingcru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
lol.

that is all.
Think about is, though seriously. You guys have the skill, its not even a question. But your top 6...other than Smyth, well they are still very young and not really leaders yet. They will make those rookie mistakes. Kessel, Lupul, Macarthur, Grabovski, all those guys might not be at the same skill level as your forwards, but their Leadership capabilities are a lot better.

Closed Thread