HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XV - The Luongo Trade-fights (Mod warnings in thread)

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 12:13 PM
kcunac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
I think what will end up happening is that the Canucks will package up some player/prospect/picks package with Lu to make a deal go through.
Hmm... Ballard played well in FLA and they are (probably) losing Garrison.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:13 PM
rune74

A lot of fans from other teams that don't think he is worth anything to them.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:15 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
Why? Burke has never said he didn't like offer sheets. He doesn't like the types of offer sheets Lowe gave out.

All is fair in love and war. If Burke gets a chance to screw Gillis over, he's going to do it.

He has said he doesn't like them, and did so within the last two weeks, because teams can retaliate and screw you over with your own RFAs.

He appeared on Steve Paikin's show on TVOntario talking about the business of hockey said in that show that he doesn't like offer sheets for that very reason. The video has been posted on this forum a few times in the last week or so and should be easy enough for you to find (I cannot remember the point in the video at which offer sheets were discussed so I cannot narrow it down any further for you - perhaps someone else here can?).

Edited to add:

Here is a link to the video from TVOntario's website.

http://ww3.tvo.org/video/178645/bria...usiness-hockey

Last edited by colchar: 06-24-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old
06-24-2012, 12:16 PM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
A lot of fans from other teams that don't think he is worth anything to them.
but they still seem to want him pretty bad. . .

Old
06-24-2012, 12:16 PM
kcunac

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Weiss, Versteeg, Fleischmann, Bergenheim, Goc
Kulikov, Campbell, Gudbranson
Surprised by Bergenheim and Goc. I know FLA likes them, but off the table? Does it have something to do with their salary?

Old
06-24-2012, 12:17 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
Everybody is off the table. Luongo is totally worthless. Vancouver won't get anything of value for one of the top goalies in the league over the past five years.

Why doesn't anybody understand this?????
He's not worthless.

I think he would have value to certain teams being held back by weak goaltending. In that scenario an very good, albeit ageing, goaltender with an overly long, currently somewhat overpriced contract, would have value.

If he limits his destinations (NTC), though, that limits his value tremendously... especially if he wants to come to a team that really doesn't desperately need him.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Luongo, Raymond for Upshall, Roback, 2013 1st conditional on Raymond resigning or it becomes a 2nd.

Is everyone okay with this?

Old
06-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunac View Post
Hmm... Ballard played well in FLA and they are (probably) losing Garrison.
and Vokoun is gone so there's nothing to worry about.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:22 PM
kcunac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
You Canuck fans know nothing about the Toronto media.
There's a lot (like in the hundred thousands/millions) more people in Vancouver that watch Toronto based media than there are people in Toronto that watch Vancouver based media (I've lived in both places).

Old
06-24-2012, 12:23 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunac View Post
Surprised by Bergenheim and Goc. I know FLA likes them, but off the table? Does it have something to do with their salary?
Goc is the kind of guy who doesn't show up on the scoresheet, but when you watch him on the ice you gain an appreciation for how important he is. He is the perfect 3C and (this is huge - we are Florida remember) has a very friendly contract. I'd really be surprised to see Tallon move him.

Bergenheim was our best player in the playoffs. If he doesn't break his foot in the first period of game 7, maybe you don't see the Devils in the cup finals. He & Goc (plus Samuellson) were arguably our most effective line down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:23 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
and Vokoun is gone so there's nothing to worry about.
No Ballard please.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
No Ballard please.
Yeah, he might end up vokoun'ing markstrom just to drive Luongo's trade value up

Old
06-24-2012, 12:25 PM
The Overseer*

Quote:
He's not worthless.

I think he would have value to certain teams being held back by weak goaltending. In that scenario an very good, albeit ageing, goaltender with an overly long, currently somewhat overpriced contract, would have value.

If he limits his destinations (NTC), though, that limits his value tremendously... especially if he wants to come to a team that really doesn't desperately need him.
No, it doesn't, because that information is between Luongo and the Canucks. The market is not aware of his list, so his list has no effect on the market.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:28 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Luongo, Raymond for Upshall, Roback, 2013 1st conditional on Raymond resigning or it becomes a 2nd.

It seems like a plausible deal. I'm sure you'll find plenty of people on the Panthers & Canucks forum who will hate it. That's usually a good sign.

I'd swap Robak for a forward prospect like McFarland as I think the Canucks have a deeper D pool and Panthers are relatively thinner there. Makes the deal work better for both sides.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:29 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
No, it doesn't, because that information is between Luongo and the Canucks. The market is not aware of his list, so his list has no effect on the market.
I'm sorry, but we'll just have to disagree here.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
It seems like a plausible deal. I'm sure you'll find plenty of people on the Panthers & Canucks forum who will hate it. That's usually a good sign.

I'd swap Robak for a forward prospect like McFarland as I think the Canucks have a deeper D pool and Panthers are relatively thinner there. Makes the deal work better for both sides.
Sounds good to me.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:30 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post

No, we aren't giving up our 1st (2013) or Robak (AHL allstar defenseman).

We don't even want Lou.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:31 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Yeah, he might end up vokoun'ing markstrom just to drive Luongo's trade value up

... it never gets old.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Max Quackenbush

For those who don't follow his contract status, Lou's team can opt out after six years and trade him anyways so they are not burdened with contract length. If Toronto picks up Lou, they make the Playoffs next season and Maple Leaf Sports makes a lot of money, and even if they are only the 8th seed (haha!), Burke keeps his job. Lou is still an awesome keeper and is worth a top roster player, a top prospect and a 1st Rounder.
From the optics of the trade for JVR, there is no way Lou is traded until the destination of Schultz is known and there is no way Lou goes to Toronto if Toronto signs Schultz. To me, it makes more sense that Lou is going to the Flyers anyways and TO will have to settle for this funny man: http://twitter.com/#!/bryzgoalie30

Old
06-24-2012, 12:35 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post

We don't even want Lou.
Remember that if Raymond doesn't resign (i.e. we don't want him) it becomes a 2nd. A late 2nd has a lot more value on HFBoards than it does to NHL GMs.

I won't argue with you about wanting him as there are good arguments to be made against bringing him back.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:36 PM
The Overseer*

Quote:
I'm sorry, but we'll just have to disagree here.
Mind explaining?

Old
06-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post

We don't even want Lou.
There's always one stick in the mud.

That proposal is pretty reasonable. You might not want Lou, but Dale Tallon does.

Old
06-24-2012, 12:38 PM
kcunac

Quote:
Goc is the kind of guy who doesn't show up on the scoresheet, but when you watch him on the ice you gain an appreciation for how important he is. He is the perfect 3C and (this is huge - we are Florida remember) has a very friendly contract. I'd really be surprised to see Tallon move him.

Bergenheim was our best player in the playoffs. If he doesn't break his foot in the first period of game 7, maybe you don't see the Devils in the cup finals. He & Goc (plus Samuellson) were arguably our most effective line down the stretch and into the playoffs.
This made me think, how does FLA see itself? You guys made the playoffs and took the Eastern champs to seven games. Do you guys still view yourself as rebuilding, entering your window, or already there?

From a Canucks perspective, we would not be comfortable expecting to go into the playoffs without a solid goaltending situation (again, may also be part of our experience with Burke/Cloutier).

Old
06-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Jrtu

vCash: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
It's not like I want Upshall to be traded, I'd like to see how he does next season. He looked good in the playoffs. He missed most of the season with injuries and never had a chance to get in a groove. But some salary has to be going back if we acquire Luongo. It's either him, Jovo, or Kopecky. I can't see Kopecky going as he's an important part of the leadership group. Besides, Upshall is probably more attractive in a trade anyway.

Florida probably also has to send another contract Vancouver's way, like Matthias or Santorelli. Ideally Santorelli but idk how keen Vancouver is on him. Matthias still has upside, but it seems he struggles a bit in the offensive zone. He's still a huge body though that could be a good piece for Vancouver's 4th line. I liked how he played in the playoffs.
Actually, Matthias was included from our previous agreement of:
Upshall, Matthias, McFarland, Trocheck and a 2013 2nd.

And yeah, I'd love to get Matthias; low cap hit and quite a quality bottom 6 player! It's not that bad that he struggles in the offensive zone; most bottom 6th players do anyways. Besides, that 24 points that he chipped in last year was already better than our 4th liners!

Old
06-24-2012, 12:39 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
No more Toronto/Vancouver bashing. It's so old and sickening. Every single thread we have had this warning. Move on.

Closed Thread