HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster 2012-2013 - Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2012, 01:58 PM
  #376
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I look at the Gervais signing as someone who can push Gus and Bourdon. Gus was on his way to becoming a very good defender until his wrist was injured and he had to get it operated on. He wasn't quite up to par when he came back, but I thought he turned a corner with his play in the playoffs (yes, there were a few errors he made, but errors that can be easily corrected).
Exactly, depth guy who has some NHL experience and is a better skater than guys like Hannan or SOD at this stage of their careers, for 825k.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:01 PM
  #377
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
He's not a hall of famer by 23 so he must be garbage right? Guys never develop or anything.
Wow, overreact much?! Never said he was garbage, just don't think he's top 2 pairing that has been mentioned in here, that's what I was referring to, so lightnen up francis.

He's a nice little dman, but he's no where close to being a top pair.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:03 PM
  #378
sa cyred
Offseason...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Wow, overreact much?! Never said he was garbage, just don't think he's top 2 pairing that has been mentioned in here, that's what I was referring to, so lightnen up francis.

He's a nice little dman, but he's no where close to being a top pair.
Well honestly we only have technically one top 2 defender on the team. Coburn, Grossmann, Meszaros are all 3's-4's. Lilja and Gervias are 6/7s. Schenn is a 4-5 at this point.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:04 PM
  #379
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,396
vCash: 880
Best case scenario IMO from this point forward:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Shane Doan ($4.500m)
Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.500m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Dominic Moore ($1.550m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Tom Sestito ($0.750m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,290,000; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,910,000

Manning and MAB play under Murray for the season in ADK and are obvious call-up choices if needed. Shelley disappears (best case scenario, right? ). I take Sestito over Rinaldo all day. Schenn over Briere at C for size and defensive matchup purposes. Fingers crossed that Moore and Doan are both willing to move East

edit: swap Moore and Talbot.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:15 PM
  #380
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Wow, overreact much?! Never said he was garbage, just don't think he's top 2 pairing that has been mentioned in here, that's what I was referring to, so lightnen up francis.

He's a nice little dman, but he's no where close to being a top pair.
Who's claiming top pair right now, one guy in the last 6 pages of this thread (BCF16) says he thinks in another year he could be a top 4. I don't think that is at all unreasonable.

He has shown nothing but improvement, there is nothing to knock Gus on for this stage in his career.

People have complained about Coburn for ages...and he's shown to be a pretty reliable D man, it took him 3+ NHL seasons to do this....

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:56 PM
  #381
mypunkrock
Registered User
 
mypunkrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Best case scenario IMO from this point forward:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Shane Doan ($4.500m)
Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.500m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Dominic Moore ($1.550m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Tom Sestito ($0.750m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,290,000; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,910,000

Manning and MAB play under Murray for the season in ADK and are obvious call-up choices if needed. Shelley disappears (best case scenario, right? ). I take Sestito over Rinaldo all day. Schenn over Briere at C for size and defensive matchup purposes. Fingers crossed that Moore and Doan are both willing to move East

edit: swap Moore and Talbot.
Four things here. First, Lilja won't be sent down, so he is our 8th D-man, and we eat his cap it either way, so we're down to 3.2 mil in space.

Next, stick with Wellwood instead of Moore, so add 1.17 mil, so up to 4.3 in space. Next, we know Shelley isn't going anywhere, so we are back down to 3.2 or so million.

Lastly, I think if we want Doan, we will have to put out at least 5, so play it safe at 5.5 for 2 or 3 years. Now we are at 2.2 mil in cap space.

One of Rinaldo or Sestito will be on the roster, so we still hover around 2.2 million during the offseason, and we go up to 7.1 when Pronger goes back on LTIR.

Edit - And apparently Doan wants a four year deal. That is alot for a 35+ contract, as evidenced by Pronger.


Last edited by mypunkrock: 07-07-2012 at 05:09 PM.
mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:12 PM
  #382
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Semin won't cost only $5.5M

Unless as part of a long-term deal.

If he signs for one year it seems impossibly low.

I was figuring we give him the Matt Carle deal (6 years / $33 M). I'm not so sure the Semin market is any stronger than Carle's was.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:01 PM
  #383
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
I was figuring we give him the Matt Carle deal (6 years / $33 M). I'm not so sure the Semin market is any stronger than Carle's was.
Yeah, 6 or 6.5 could do it. The price inflation on players this year has just been unbelievable is all.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:22 PM
  #384
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
How's this?:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Alexander Semin ($6.500m)
Jakub Voracek ($3.800m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Ben Holmstrom ($0.700m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) /
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Andreas Lilja ($0.738m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,891,944; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,308,056

I'd like to see Rinaldo and Shelley play some though, especially if there are injuries and in games against the Devils, Isles, and Rangers.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:29 PM
  #385
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,396
vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Four things here. First, Lilja won't be sent down, so he is our 8th D-man, and we eat his cap it either way, so we're down to 3.2 mil in space.

Next, stick with Wellwood instead of Moore, so add 1.17 mil, so up to 4.3 in space. Next, we know Shelley isn't going anywhere, so we are back down to 3.2 or so million.

Lastly, I think if we want Doan, we will have to put out at least 5, so play it safe at 5.5 for 2 or 3 years. Now we are at 2.2 mil in cap space.

One of Rinaldo or Sestito will be on the roster, so we still hover around 2.2 million during the offseason, and we go up to 7.1 when Pronger goes back on LTIR.

Edit - And apparently Doan wants a four year deal. That is alot for a 35+ contract, as evidenced by Pronger.
Had to move/remove/bench a couple guys with the 23 man active roster. I'm fine giving Doan a 4 year deal, his style of play and statistical output shouldn't change much. The 4th year I'd include a player/team option, in case for whatever reason he feels the need to move on or he feels the team isn't primed to win a Cup, he can latch onto another stacked squad in his final year or two.

I'm also not expecting Lilja to get sent down. It makes absolutely ZERO sense to me as to why we need all these veteran 6/7 d-men (Gervais now too) along with our 5 regular guys, and 3 young, athletic prospects who have proven they can hold a 5/6/7 d spot. I expect Lilja to be traded for a late pick. We can't have 5 players fighting for 1 spot. Though I've agreed with the notion that Gus, Manning, and MAB could all handsomely benefit from a season or two with Terry Murray.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:59 AM
  #386
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,996
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.500m)
Shane Doan ($4.250m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Eric Wellwood ($0.580m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Marc-Andre Bourdon ($1.000m)
Andreas Lilja ($0.738m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,121,944; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $5,078,056

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:46 AM
  #387
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Who's claiming top pair right now, one guy in the last 6 pages of this thread (BCF16) says he thinks in another year he could be a top 4. I don't think that is at all unreasonable.

He has shown nothing but improvement, there is nothing to knock Gus on for this stage in his career.

People have complained about Coburn for ages...and he's shown to be a pretty reliable D man, it took him 3+ NHL seasons to do this....
Again, I'm not knocking the kid I like him and he's a good fill in right now. But there's a reason why we acquired Grossmannnn, Schenn and even Gervais, and Bruno stinks. If Homer and co thought they had a top 4 in Gus, I doubt they would be bringing in all these other guys. If he can be a top 4 in a year, shouldn't he at least be a guaranteed 5-6 this year, instead of just fighting for a spot with the likes of Bruno Gervais?!

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:40 PM
  #388
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Can somebody please put together a bottom 6 that isn't soft? Soft bottom sixes get you pushed around too much...

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:42 PM
  #389
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
That's what Shelley and Rinaldo are for.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:08 PM
  #390
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Again, I'm not knocking the kid I like him and he's a good fill in right now. But there's a reason why we acquired Grossmannnn, Schenn and even Gervais, and Bruno stinks. If Homer and co thought they had a top 4 in Gus, I doubt they would be bringing in all these other guys. If he can be a top 4 in a year, shouldn't he at least be a guaranteed 5-6 this year, instead of just fighting for a spot with the likes of Bruno Gervais?!
He may indeed be penciled in and anticipated to be the #6. Bruno Gervais could very well be a deppth/AHL signing. It's not like they gave the guy millions.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:23 PM
  #391
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
That's what Sestito and Rinaldo are for.
Fixed. I probably wouldn't use Shelley next year if I was running the team. But seriously, with some of the rosters people are proposing it will be more of the same next year with cheapshots on our players going unpunished.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:43 PM
  #392
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Can somebody please put together a bottom 6 that isn't soft? Soft bottom sixes get you pushed around too much...
Line 3 ->Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Line 4 ->Tom Sestito ($0.900m) / Ben Holmstrom ($0.900m) / Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m)

Bench - > Jody Shelley ($1.100m) / Eric Wellwood ($0.580m)

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:14 PM
  #393
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m)
Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Shane Doan ($5.550m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.250m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Eric Wellwood ($0.580m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)
Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,334,444; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,865,556

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:23 PM
  #394
RespectTheCouts
Couts=0 offense
 
RespectTheCouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
How's this?:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Alexander Semin ($6.500m)
Jakub Voracek ($3.800m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Ben Holmstrom ($0.700m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) /
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Andreas Lilja ($0.738m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,891,944; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,308,056

I'd like to see Rinaldo and Shelley play some though, especially if there are injuries and in games against the Devils, Isles, and Rangers.
I doubt G comes off the first line, like ever

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:31 PM
  #395
sa cyred
Offseason...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,278
vCash: 500
Have a feeling the roster is pretty much set (if we dont trade for Ryan/Nash)

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Briere-Schenn-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Wellwood
Fedotenko-Talbot-Rinaldo
Sestito/Shelly

Only change here is if a rookie somehow impresses enough (Akeson, Noebels, maybe even Ford, etc etc), to move Wellwood down to the 4th line and Rinaldo as the extra.

The defense:

Coburn-Grossmann
Timonen-Schenn
Meszaros-Gervias
Lilja

Have a feeling Gervias is signed to pretty much play or be the 7th because he was outplayed by the Gus/MAB/Manning etc etc. He has played 50+ games in the NHL since 2006. Can't see them not playing him.

Now the real question is, did we improve this offseason, stay the same, or get worse? All I know is, we better hope the typical sophomore slump doesnt hit the team or we will have a horrible season.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:13 PM
  #396
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Have a feeling the roster is pretty much set (if we dont trade for Ryan/Nash)

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Briere-Schenn-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Wellwood
Fedotenko-Talbot-Rinaldo
Sestito/Shelly

Only change here is if a rookie somehow impresses enough (Akeson, Noebels, maybe even Ford, etc etc), to move Wellwood down to the 4th line and Rinaldo as the extra.

The defense:

Coburn-Grossmann
Timonen-Schenn
Meszaros-Gervias
Lilja

Have a feeling Gervias is signed to pretty much play or be the 7th because he was outplayed by the Gus/MAB/Manning etc etc. He has played 50+ games in the NHL since 2006. Can't see them not playing him.

Now the real question is, did we improve this offseason, stay the same, or get worse? All I know is, we better hope the typical sophomore slump doesnt hit the team or we will have a horrible season.
Nah, we just wont score as much.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:17 PM
  #397
cheesesteak
Registered User
 
cheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Well honestly we only have technically one top 2 defender on the team. Coburn, Grossmann, Meszaros are all 3's-4's. Lilja and Gervias are 6/7s. Schenn is a 4-5 at this point.
I think Coburn can be a pretty good #2 and he'll prove it this season. Hopefully they give him a good chance. I see Coburn right now as a really good #3 who's still got some offensive upside that was left behind. Personally it seems like he brings a calming presence to whatever pairing he's on. If we see angry Coburn for a full season we could be in for a treat needing a top pairing D-man and all. I'd say Coburn was one of the most important players in keeping Malkin contained in The Playoffs too. Make me proud Coby!

If people are putting Coburn - Grossmann as the top pairing maybe he's got still the potential to be a #1?

Timonen - Coburn

Grossmann - Mez

Schenn - ?

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:25 PM
  #398
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Have a feeling the roster is pretty much set (if we dont trade for Ryan/Nash)

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Briere-Schenn-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Wellwood
Fedotenko-Talbot-Rinaldo
Sestito/Shelly

Only change here is if a rookie somehow impresses enough (Akeson, Noebels, maybe even Ford, etc etc), to move Wellwood down to the 4th line and Rinaldo as the extra.

The defense:

Coburn-Grossmann
Timonen-Schenn
Meszaros-Gervias
Lilja

Have a feeling Gervias is signed to pretty much play or be the 7th because he was outplayed by the Gus/MAB/Manning etc etc. He has played 50+ games in the NHL since 2006. Can't see them not playing him.

Now the real question is, did we improve this offseason, stay the same, or get worse? All I know is, we better hope the typical sophomore slump doesnt hit the team or we will have a horrible season.
Sadly, I'm thinking that Holmgren is confident 1-2 rookies will need to be activated due to injuries to the starters. Even more sadly, I'm pretty confident it will happen, too. As I've posted previously, I'd rather 1 occupy #6 coming out of camp.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 01:29 AM
  #399
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,996
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Jakub Voracek ($3.250m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Ben Holmstrom ($0.550m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Shea Weber ($7.142m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Andreas Lilja ($0.738m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $71,410,673; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,494,327

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 02:37 AM
  #400
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne
 
phillyflyerfan1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancover Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Best case scenario is they don't match:

Hartnell - Giroux - Simmonds
Schenn - Briere - Voracek
Fedz/Talbot - Couturier - Read
Wellwood - Holmstrom? - Fedz/Talbot
Sestito, Shelley

Timonen - Weber
Grossmann - Coburn
Meszaros - Schenn
Gervais
Lilja

Bryzgalov
Leighton

This is close to the cap. I could see Meszaros gone and maybe even a forward. Gustafsson, Bourdon, Manning and etc. get seasoned under Terry Murray in Adirondack. No 1st rounders for a while but we have elite talent with some really good grinders in the pipeline.

Probably too good to be true. I just can't imagine this actually happening.

phillyflyerfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.