HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Bobby Ryan Talk - Bobb(y)ing for Ryan Part III

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 08:42 AM
RyanCallahan24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Sorry but Getzlaf wants to be a Leaf He and Crosby will be their Centers come 2013/2014.
Damn it! Okay I'll pull out the big guns then. Rangers add to the original offer: Redden + 1st + 2nd AND we add future considerations, Landon Girardi. I heard that Dan Girardi's kid is gonna be a beast in 20 years .

Old
06-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
What would it take from the Sens pov??

Would love to see a Foligno-Turris-Ryan line...

Apparent chips in play for Nash have been.... Zibanejad Lehner Bishop 1st rd pick Foligno(would rather not trade)

Also Silfverberg Stone
Ducks have no need for G. I'd start with Zibanejad and Cowen.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Ducks have no need for G. I'd start with Zibanejad and Cowen.
Ya. I figured that much. Just mentioned them as theyve both been speculated in a package for Nash.

It serms Sens-Ducks dont make great trading partners unless you guys settle for a package of futures. Im pretty sure Cowen is untouchable from the Sens...

Love Ryan tho

Old
06-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Ya. I figured that much. Just mentioned them as theyve both been speculated in a package for Nash.

It serms Sens-Ducks dont make great trading partners unless you guys settle for a package of futures. Im pretty sure Cowen is untouchable from the Sens...

Love Ryan tho
Difference is that CBJ have issues in goal. We on the other hand don't. Plus I think what created those rumors is that Nash is Canadian. I suppose Sens aren't even interested in Ryan. I'd love to have Zibanejad though.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:15 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
And back at you if you think that lands you Ryan. If Roy was on the block, you think that topic would get 40 pages full of posts? Doubt it.
You're right a 2C who scores 0.778 points per game has absolutely no value, why would the Ducks want that, Roy is the next Gomez because he had one mediocre season after a pretty serious knee injury, etc. Also Joel Armia would instantly be your best forward prospect and Sekera would be (one of?) your best shutdown defenseman. You're either overvaluing Ryan or completely underrating the players in the package I proposed.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
You're right a 2C who scores 0.778 points per game has absolutely no value, why would the Ducks want that, Roy is the next Gomez because he had one mediocre season after a pretty serious knee injury, etc. Also Joel Armia would instantly be your best forward prospect and Sekera would be (one of?) your best shutdown defenseman. You're either overvaluing Ryan or completely underrating the players in the package I proposed.

Don't even bother with that guy.... he's like the "protector" of the Bobby Ryan page. Guy has more excuses then Mitt Romney, Obama and Congress combined. For some reason he thinks Ryan is going to get a Nash return... which he's not.

I wouldn't waste my time.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

I wouldn't waste my time with Derek Roy either.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
How so? You don't want d-men (we offered Staal +), you want a 2C. So who are u gonna get? Fisher, Legwand, Wilson? Staal is worth 10 times more than those players.
You left out Smith.

That may be true, but we need Wilson or Smith more than we need Staal. Also, it doesn't hurt that any young defenseman they offer us is a known quantity with the young defenseman we have. We know Cam Fowler is a good match for Ryan Ellis. If we got offered Josi, well we know that he's a good match for Sbisa.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
What would it take from the Sens pov??

Would love to see a Foligno-Turris-Ryan line...

Apparent chips in play for Nash have been.... Zibanejad Lehner Bishop 1st rd pick Foligno(would rather not trade)

Also Silfverberg Stone
The goalies aren't needed, but Ottawa has the pieces to get you there.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Yeah, I think Zibanejad and Foligno is a good starting point.
Add in some mixture of Puempel, 2013 1st, Pageau, Wiercioch, and other picks, and I think a deal can be struck if the Sens decided they wanted Ryan, and Ryan didn't mind playing for the sens. Lol

Old
06-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
Yeah, I think Zibanejad and Foligno is a good starting point.
Add in some mixture of Puempel, 2013 1st, Pageau, Wiercioch, and other picks, and I think a deal can be struck if the Sens decided they wanted Ryan, and Ryan didn't mind playing for the sens. Lol
Our GM does love Swedish players. I'm sure Zibanejad is a great place to start. How far off would you guess that he is from the NHL? I know he had a brief stint with you guys last year.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:18 AM
njdevil26

I wonder if Greene, Tedenby, 1st rounder & 2nd rounder is enough to get it done from the Devils.

Parise-Zajac-Ryan
Elias-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Zubrus-Josefson-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky-Carter-Bernier

I like.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=KfNPQNG8l64#!

Watching this makes me want Ryan even more ... GOD, the kid is a serious ****ing play maker ... those hands are hands of beauty.
Ryan uses a long stick. If he were to play with Spezza, two right-shot, low-lie, long-stick dipsy doodlers would look pretty funny together.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:19 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Another thread where Chris Kreider gets called overrated, yet everyone wants him in their trade proposals. I just don't get it. Either he's overrated like you say he is, or he's great. Personally, I don't care anymore, but it's just baffling to see.

I can't say Bobby Ryan is an elite winger either. He doesn't put up the points that I'd see an elite wing putting up. I'd gladly take him on the Rangers, but again, like Sting has pointed out, he has his flaws and saying that he's not elite is not a smack at the player. He's a very good one, just not elite. In years past, the RPG line has been together, not as much so this year and Ryan still managed to hit 30 goals. Impressive feat. Doesn't make him an elite player though.

If you want to take that as "talking him down" go right ahead. However, most of us are just being realists. No one is trying to sell you on selling a player short, no one is trying to do this or that. Truth is Ryan's defensive game is about average, which is not necessarily bad at all. Does every winger need to be like Ryan Callahan? I think not. If you don't have the more one-dimensional types that focus their sights on offense, you don't win games in the end. Is Bobby Ryan's defensive game being downplayed in this thread? Maybe a little bit, but when I think of good to great defensive wingers, I start thinking of the likes of Brown, Callahan, Cole (underrated defensively) Eriksson (might be the most underrated player in the NHL) etc.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I know what it takes to get him either, because after the Staal trade, I'm confused. I didn't see that much going for Jordan Staal. I know it's two different players in two different scenarios, but value is value and even before all of this, realistically speaking, trade value is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to gauge, no matter how much people on HF (generally speaking, not a shot at anyone's fanbase) think they can gauge it.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

Well it seems that teams like New York and Philadelphia are interested in Ryan but neither are willing to give up their top prospects or top youngsters in a deal for one of the best young PF wingers in the game today, which leads me to shift focus a bit towards the whole Luongo to Toronto fiasco where Leafs fans are being ridiculed for not including a single top prospect in a deal for him.

If Ryan being disgruntled and speaking out against how he's been dealt with decreases his value so much, and consequently isn't worth your best prospect than why is Luongo? Someone tell Gillis that.

I know he'll stick to his guns and go well into the summer but in the end will end up trading him for an underwhelming package to either Toronto or Florida.

As far as Ryan goes, I'm still willing to include our top prospect Nazem Kadri in a deal for Ryan along with others. I know we don't have the depth in terms of prospects that teams like New York do but if they are willing to do so little, I think Toronto can top the offers you'll receive here.

Boston makes sense with Krejci coming back.

06-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Flamingo

Quote:
Our GM does love Swedish players. I'm sure Zibanejad is a great place to start. How far off would you guess that he is from the NHL? I know he had a brief stint with you guys last year.
He could play in the NHL this year. MacLean didn't want to let him go back to Sweden last year.

He looked too tentative and unsure to play in the top six right away at the start of last season. I would expect him to start on the third line, which he could play on no problem, and get him on the 2nd powerplay. In a couple months, he'd be on the 1st pp and in the top six, if he were coached properly. His one-timer is a laser.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Ballgarath

Quote:
i wouldnt let stone go if i was them , though if they are willing to trade him if i was the ducks i make that trade if it includes stone and more.

Last edited by Ballgarath: 06-24-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: made an error
Old
06-24-2012, 10:23 AM
B3rs3rker

vCash: 50
Quote:
At most 1 year from starting to produce. Could see limited ice time this upcoming season (3rd line, spot duty in the top 6).

Old
06-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
He could play in the NHL this year. MacLean didn't want to let him go back to Sweden last year.
I have a feeling we'll be in the same boat with Lindholm this year.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Quote:
He can definitely play top 9 this season, and likely top 6. I don't think he will be too much of an impact player (offensively) until next season though. Im just assuming he needs that year to adjust to north American ice, that many Swedes need before they become "impact players".

With out top 2 centers already in place, he's expendable for a guy like Ryan.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:31 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Well it seems that teams like New York and Philadelphia are interested in Ryan but neither are willing to give up their top prospects or top youngsters in a deal for one of the best young PF wingers in the game today, which leads me to shift focus a bit towards the whole Luongo to Toronto fiasco where Leafs fans are being ridiculed for not including a single top prospect in a deal for him.
Whoa, hold on a second here. You're gathering that Sather nor Holmgren are interested in Ryan but are not willing to give up top prospects or youngsters based on people posting on here, but then you come back and say "Leafs Fans" are being ridiculed for not including a top prospect for Luongo?

We don't know what any general manager is willing to give up right now for Ryan, but you'll acknowledge that it's the fans in Toronto?

Bit of a double standard, if you ask me.

Quote:
As far as Ryan goes, I'm still willing to include our top prospect Nazem Kadri in a deal for Ryan along with others. I know we don't have the depth in terms of prospects that teams like New York do but if they are willing to do so little, I think Toronto can top the offers you'll receive here.

Boston makes sense with Krejci coming back.
Again, these are fan generated offers and counter-evaluations of those offers. There's a reason why we're fans posting on a website and not general managers.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:27 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Philly - anaheim

To ANA:

Meszaros
Read
Cousins
2 first round picks

To PHI:
Ryan

How far off is this? Im not too big on giving up voracek. Read only makes .900 for two more years and hell slot 25 with good defensive play. Cousins is a solid prospect.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:30 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

If that's your offer, then Buffalo outbids you with a deal centering around one of Hodgson or Ennis.

Come on, one of Couturier or Schenn has to be involved.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Probably way off.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:33 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerbeSonOfGloin View Post
If that's your offer, then Buffalo outbids you with a deal centering around one of Hodgson or Ennis.

Come on, one of Couturier or Schenn has to be involved.
Not at all. Anaheim has lost some leverage and schenn wont be dealt 100% now that we just brought his brother in and couturier is obvious Ok change read to voracek in my OP and how is that now?

Closed Thread