HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Trade Value

View Poll Results: What is Luongo's Value?
High Value (e.g., Schenn & Kadri / etc.) 57 13.87%
Moderate Value (e.g., Franson & MacArthur / etc.) 211 51.34%
Low Value (e.g., Franson / 2nd rounder / etc.) 99 24.09%
Negative Value (e.g., Komisarek / etc.) 30 7.30%
Highly Negative Value (e.g., Komisarek & Lombardi) 14 3.41%
Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-06-2012, 09:38 AM
embracedbias

vCash: 500
Luongo Trade Value

It would appear that Luongo is reasonably likely to be traded. This is a good opportunity to put your money where your mouth is... or in this case, put your vote where your keyboard is (or something).

I'll use Toronto players as exemplars.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
I'd rather Franson not be moved is all.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:46 AM
pspot

id say the 2nd is worth more than Mac
either way he's in that Franson + Mac or 2nd range IMO

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:48 AM
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet

I'm thinking it would be worth Schenn+Lombardi/Komi/Connolly/Armstrong + 2012 2nd

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Rinzler

I'm going with Moderate Value.

I feel that Burke would part with:

Franson
MacArthur
Colborne
2nd Round pick

But nothing more than that. Too much development has gone in to Kadri to let him go and Schenn can't be moved until a player like Holzer makes him expendable. That hasn't happened yet.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

I was trying to click moderate but accidentally clicked low but I think it'd be somewhere in between the two.

06-06-2012, 09:58 AM
embracedbias

What happened to the poll?

Edit: Nevermind. It's back now. Weird.....

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:01 AM
ALine

From what i hear, Van has no need for more right side defense-men. Also they have need for more center-men. So i would think that would take Franson and Colboure out of the trade deals. They could use a good offensive defenseman after losing Errhoff last year. I would be willing to part with Liles. Gardiner's play last year, and young guys waiting in the wings could make him expendable. Just does't make sense after being extended mid-season though.

Liles+ Macarthur would be mine guess, Franson instead of liles if they would take him, but im not so sure they have a need.

ALine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Forums are being weird right now. The Admins are aware.

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:09 AM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

His value is dependent on how badly the Canucks want to move him, and how much competition there is for his services.

Most on this board are operating under the assumption that the Canucks have to move him now and that the Leafs are the only bidders.

I'm not sure either of these assumptions is accurate.

egd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:17 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Komi + Army or Franson + 3rd or 4th

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:19 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

I think it's more along the lines of a moderate value, the Nux would have to take back money or the conversation would be at an end. I see at as something along the lines of

Lombardi or Connolly + Franson and some future considerations such as a 1st round pick if the Leafs win a cup in either 2013/14/15 if not then the Nux would receive the Leafs 2nd round pick in 2015

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:27 AM
jrgtml67

I have said the same thing in other threads. There was no choice for this on the poll however....I think if we get Lu it'll look like this.

Komi, Mac/Kule, 2nd pick this year.

The reason Komi is going to be involved in this is because of the cap. If any deal is made Komisarek is surely gone; however I also posted yesterday saying that maybe a bigger Brian Burke type deal could be possible. Though it may not be the center a lot of us are thinking what about a blockbuster....Van giving us Lu and Kesler? I think there is a higher chance of a multiplayer deal if we do get Lu, just because Burke is a genius, and why would you just stop at Lu if you could get your center from the same team?? Granted Kesler is our Getzlaf, E Staal, J Staal.....but I could see Burke going at Kesler. He is Burkes type of player and Randy's as well. He plays high intensity, truculent, pure scorer and his age would actually be perfect. I wouldnt mind at all to see Lupul, Kesler, Kessel. That deal may look like this.

Toronto--Lu, Kesler, 2nd pick this year

Vancouver---Komi, Franson, Mac/Kule, Colborne/Kadri, this years 2nd

This way Komi is in for the cap, and Franson is a young good dman that Canucks would easily benefit from having, then you have you Mac/Kule (remember 2 names that Philly brought up when we shouldve had carter last off season) and the a blue chip in Colborne or Kadri...both who could step up and play for Canucks this year and then we simply flip 2nd round picks, giving Vancouver 2 picks almost back to back.

But I will say this again...there is too much that could happen before the draft and/or on draft day to really guess at what Burke is or isnt going to do. In my opinion or best option is try and get Lu and Kesler, two birds one stone.....and if not those 2 guys, you can almost bet IF we get a #1 center via trade draft day or before that our #1 5th overall is going to be gone or we are going to have to include way too many blue chip Marlies and that would be sad ! We have developed a lot of talent down there finally and to give up on then and trade them away would be a mistake....trading one high pick that could save 2 guys say...Frattin, Colborne, Ashton, Hamilton, Blacker, Holzer etc I would rather that then give any of those guys away....1 guy 1 pick its unknown when or how long it will take for him to play for the big boys, and make an impact all the AHL guys I mentioned are close if not NHL ready ESP Fratts, Coli, Holzer

jrgtml67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:29 AM
jrgtml67

Quote:
Originally Posted by egd27 View Post
His value is dependent on how badly the Canucks want to move him, and how much competition there is for his services.

Most on this board are operating under the assumption that the Canucks have to move him now and that the Leafs are the only bidders.

I'm not sure either of these assumptions is accurate.
I thought we were only bidders until I read TSN insider and one of them said FLA is in the mix...but to me that wont happen Lu's contract is too big and FLA would have to give up a lot of their high priced talent that got them into the playoffs. In any case Lu only has somewhat of a say....even if he would rather go to FLA to be near wife if Burkie offers Gillis a better deal then we gottem !

Old
06-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

franson and mac is what Ive been saying and that`s what Ill stick with.

06-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Interactif
Realism ** Optimism

I'm unconvinced Luongo will be traded before the season, trade deadline, maybe.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

I think they eat some salary to get out from under the contract, but I think they get a useable piece going back i.e. a decent pick like next year's 2nd or a decent prospect. I see them liking Armstrong for his ability to push back and show some jam. I don't think we will be able to unload Komisarek on them though. Maybe they get a goalie as well...Lack may or may not be ready to back up Schneider. I wouldn't wanna put that much on Schneider right away.
I'd be perfectly fine with Reimer, Army, and 2013 2nd.

Durkin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I'm unconvinced Luongo will be traded before the season, trade deadline, maybe.
He got pulled when the games mattered most in the playoffs. For a player of Luongo's ilk, that pretty much means the ties have been severed. Luongo has played his last game as a Canuck deal or not.

In my opinion, if they want to sign Schneider long term, Luongo has to be on a plane first and preferably before July 1st.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:47 AM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Mac+franson imo

Would be nice if it was lombo/connolly + holzer or something, one can dream

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:55 AM
jrgtml67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin67 View Post
I think they eat some salary to get out from under the contract, but I think they get a useable piece going back i.e. a decent pick like next year's 2nd or a decent prospect. I see them liking Armstrong for his ability to push back and show some jam. I don't think we will be able to unload Komisarek on them though. Maybe they get a goalie as well...Lack may or may not be ready to back up Schneider. I wouldn't wanna put that much on Schneider right away.
I'd be perfectly fine with Reimer, Army, and 2013 2nd.
OK you want to say a goalie that they would get in this trade....it would easily be Gus not Reimer or Scrivens....if you remember back in the the Gus sweepstakes Van wanted him bad. He didnt play that horrible last year it was just those stupid goals late that screwed us but a lot of our goalie issues stem from our lack of dfence and I mean team dfence which hopefully Randy can fix. If they get Reimer it would be way over-payment...and again on the Komi front they absolutely need to take Komi's contract if we take Lu's and Komi isnt involved we are going to be over the cap esp if the CBA makes that cap go down. Its much like when we got Franson and Lambo...Nash threw him and said this is the penalty for you getting Franson.

Old
06-06-2012, 11:28 AM
htpwn

Moderate.

I'd be willing to give up Colborne + 2nd, and not much more. Hopefully Burke balks at any deal involving Schenn, Kadri, Gardiner, or the #5.

htpwn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Aplayaz2000

his value is still high

because he is still... Luongo

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

moderate for sure

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Gardiner Express
(base)ball is life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
I'm thinking it would be worth Schenn+Lombardi/Komi/Connolly/Armstrong + 2012 2nd
Wouldn't give up Schenn for him

Gardiner Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 03:02 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 0
I don't think he has much value . At his age and with his contract they'll be few teams interested .

hotpaws is online now   Reply With Quote