HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

isles wanted murray this bad?

Old
06-24-2012, 12:35 AM
rightyouarehowie91

vCash: 500
isles wanted murray this bad?

Hey isles fans. First post for me. Look forward to talking to all you guys.......anyway I was just watching NHL.network and at the end of the show some analyst said that after Columbus drafted Murray the isles called and offered most of their draft picks for him........would u do that? I'm really glad we got reinhart though.

rightyouarehowie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Well we can't do anything about it now. **** **** **** ******* penis ****

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:20 AM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

And yet some posters ask why some of us regard the organization as a bunch of imbeciles. If this is true, it's why.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:23 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

I would've done it for Yakupov.

No clue if this is true though.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:32 AM
rightyouarehowie91

It was NHL tonight and Kelly chase said it no clue if he's usually credible

Old
06-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightyouarehowie91 View Post
It was NHL tonight and Kelly chase said it no clue if he's usually credible
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, never even heard of this guy before, I have no idea if he has any connections or not.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:32 AM
cfc

Unless someone comes forward with inconclusive evidence, it's going into the rumors category.

Reinhart is what this club has needed since Chara left.

cfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:47 AM
steveat

Isles probably wanted a dman that could step in right now. Even though Reinhart could, Murray is more ready than anyone in the draft. Might as well trade away could be's for a definite. It is also left up for interpretation what "most" means as far as draftpicks go. I am sure they offered Strome, Kabanov and maybe a DeHaan or Donovan plus maybe Rhett and Nillson. I don't think the last two would ever make it (not a big Nillson fan)..Kabanov is still up in the air and Strome hmm..not sure yet...so basically trading one almost for sure NHL ready Defenceman for Murray.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:24 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightyouarehowie91 View Post
Hey isles fans. First post for me. Look forward to talking to all you guys.......anyway I was just watching NHL.network and at the end of the show some analyst said that after Columbus drafted Murray the isles called and offered most of their draft picks for him........would u do that? I'm really glad we got reinhart though.

I like to have some faith in the ones reporting the info.Someone in a post above, says it came from a reporter named Kelly.I never heard of him.

and if it is true,I'm glad it was rejected.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Sneekypete

Kelly Chase said it about Murray and the Isles on NHL tonight last night......

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:50 AM
xECK29x

Kelly Chase is an enforcer from the 90s who is a color guy for the Blues I think. He is no where near as credible as anyone else on that panel.

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:13 AM
crashthenet

No offense but I'm suprised people don't know who Kelly Chase is. Playing aside he's been on NHL Tonight/On The Fly for a while. Not a rumor monger so I don't doubt the Isles made an offer. If he was the player they wanted the only crime in doing so would be they should have gotten it done before the draft. He was the top rated defenseman, no shock here. Reinhart may turn out better but Murray will play next season.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:20 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
Isles probably wanted a dman that could step in right now. Even though Reinhart could, Murray is more ready than anyone in the draft. Might as well trade away could be's for a definite. It is also left up for interpretation what "most" means as far as draftpicks go. I am sure they offered Strome, Kabanov and maybe a DeHaan or Donovan plus maybe Rhett and Nillson. I don't think the last two would ever make it (not a big Nillson fan)..Kabanov is still up in the air and Strome hmm..not sure yet...so basically trading one almost for sure NHL ready Defenceman for Murray.
WHAT??? There is no way the Isles offered Strome, Kabanov and maybe a DeHaan or Donovan plus maybe Rhett and Nillson. Maybe 3-4 draft picks from this draft including our 1st and 2nd.

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:27 AM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
WHAT??? There is no way the Isles offered Strome, Kabanov and maybe a DeHaan or Donovan plus maybe Rhett and Nillson. Maybe 3-4 draft picks from this draft including our 1st and 2nd.
Chase said they offered picks.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:27 AM
leaponover

now that the draft is over there have been several sources coming forward (maybe being Monday morning QB) saying that the Isles were high on Reinhart from the beginning. His dad was a former captain and this was by no means a "consolation prize". I think Murray and Reinhart may have been neck and neck in Snow's book and he knew he was getting one or the other and was happy with it.

Would I have liked Forsberg. Definitely! Am I upset with Reinhart as the pick, hells no...

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Knish Of The Crease

I'm more amazed at how many posters never heard of Kelly Chase, then I am about the trade offer.

Knish Of The Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:45 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

From what I saw, Chase's main point was discussing how high he was on Ryan Murray. The whole thing with the Islanders offering 'most of their picks' to get him was most likely hyperbole to prove his point. The guy doesn't know that the smallest slip sends this fanbase into a frenzy. Doesn't help it's the Isles and nothing is really out of the realm of possibility.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:01 AM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
now that the draft is over there have been several sources coming forward (maybe being Monday morning QB) saying that the Isles were high on Reinhart from the beginning. His dad was a former captain and this was by no means a "consolation prize". I think Murray and Reinhart may have been neck and neck in Snow's book and he knew he was getting one or the other and was happy with it.

Would I have liked Forsberg. Definitely! Am I upset with Reinhart as the pick, hells no...
Yup. We may have gotten a future #1 defenseman.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:06 AM
IslesNorway

With Murray and the quisition of Visnovsky the Isles defense for next season would've been set and Murrays bonus laden deal would have taken us far closer to the floor too

IslesNorway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:12 AM
danteipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post
With Murray and the quisition of Visnovsky the Isles defense for next season would've been set and Murrays bonus laden deal would have taken us far closer to the floor too
And in order to get Murray, assuming the Isles would have only wanted to give up draft picks and not current assets, they would have definitely had to give up their 1st, 2nd and some combination of other picks, which would not have been unreasonable for either side and would account for a "majority" of draft picks. Murray would have been a great fit, no doubt about it, and I am happy to hear they kicked the tires to see what the price would be.

danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:14 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

I claim bull****.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:17 AM
rightyouarehowie91

True or not true it seemed pretty weird because it came right at the very end of the show out of no
where

Old
06-24-2012, 12:06 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ MAC View Post
I'm more amazed at how many posters never heard of Kelly Chase, then I am about the trade offer.
+1. I see no reason not to believe him. He could have said "another team" if he was looking to be vague to back up his point, but he was quite specific.

I have maintained all along that Garth Snow knows and understands just how ****** our defense is and just how far off our current defensive prospects are in not just making the NHL, but actually playing as real top 4 defensemen. It is comical and down right insulting to think he didn't look at the roster every game last season and think to himself, "WTF, this isn't a defense, it is a pile of ****." It is entirely reasonable & logical that he figured they were set for a while in long term developing prospects and could figuratively throw the kitchen sink of picks from this draft at a "now ready" defenseman.

I am glad he didn't. IMO he got some quality picks in the top 4 rungs of this draft. He just needs to bite the bullet and swing a trade involving Okposo, Bailey, Strome, etc., or whatever combination it takes to bring in that piece we need on defense (not all of them, but some combo). It is "inescapable."

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:17 PM
TeamKidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
And yet some posters ask why some of us regard the organization as a bunch of imbeciles. If this is true, it's why.
IF it's true, how would trading the 4th pick, a 3rd, 5th, and 6th rounder to move up to #2 to select the guy you really want, have been so outlandish?

lets remember that we'd already have traded our second rounder for lubomir.

TeamKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:19 PM
StrongIslanders90

Kelly chase is a ********!!

also he a *****!

And he can go **** himself!

Hes ans ******* for even saying that!

Im so sick off these mother ****ers using us as joke and taking jabs at us!

WOW this filteer thing is cool..

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote