HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist does not deserve the Vezina.

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

vCash: 500
kanye should've just taken it away and given it to beyonce when hank said "oh *******" on (inter)national television.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:10 AM
cfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Yeah, this isn't going to bring any trouble at all.

This fanbase really needs to stop obsessing over the Rangers and its players.

How is it obsessing when I provided proof?

How can Lundqvist have done 0.0001% better than Quick and yet come out with a 120 to 63 score????

The numbers do not add up and you don't have to be past the 5th grade to be able to understand that. So how did grown adults who's JOBS it's to keep things fair and award awards based on factual stats screw up this badly????

How?

What happened if this was our guy who just got screwed? How would you feel then?

Old
06-25-2012, 03:20 AM
cfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Let's see. First of all, the reason Hank had twice as many points is quiet simple. He had 17 first place vote, compared to Quick's 6, and first place votes are worth more than 2nd and 3rd place ones.
Now for your points:

1) The Kings added Carter and Richards. More importantly, that has nothing to do with the Vezina
2) Once again, nothing to do with the Vezina, and you ignore the all stars on the Kings
3) Not only is 23% a made up number (or you're bad at math) it also MIGHT have to do with the fact that he played 10 less games than in his season with the most shots against. Also, Quick faced less shots per game than Lundqvist
4) Completely unrelated. It's not the award for best goalie under 28. It's the award for best goalie
5) Already said it
The difference in % is 0.0001%.

Do the math, that does NOT equal what the judges came out with which is a landslide of 120 to 63.

Do you have any idea how off those votes are? It is as if Quick might as well have had Dipietro's stat numbers this season.

Either the NHL needs to go back to grade school or Lundqvist just got stroked by the league.

"Quick got the cup, so lets at least give Lundqvist the Vezina and kills two birds with one stone in two of the larger markets in the league."

1) The hell it doesn't, Richards was the best off season aquisition who was EXACTLY the player Torts needed and wanted to instill his defensive style. Because of that Lundqvist faced a HECK of a-lot less shots.

2) Give me a household name on that Kings roster BEFORE they won the cup? You do know Marcel Dionne is retired right?

3) My math is perfect, go check the stats yourself instead of pointing the finger you will see if comes out to 23.3333% repeating.

4) It's the award for the best goalie IN THE REGULAR SEASON...ONLY. The BEST GOALTENDER IN THE LEAGUE is obviously not Lundqvist, the guy in LA and the guy in jersey proved that this playoffs now didn't they?

5) So you are 1 for 5........don't worry, we will send these stats to the NHL and they will do their math and you will be 11 for 5.

NHL gave you a gift, Lundqvist sure as heck didn't earn it.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:31 AM
cfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3 View Post
Talk about starting a fight an Islanders fan can't win
This isn't about Islander fans, this is about horrendous voting that is so blantantly obvious unless you are a total idiot you can't see it.

Please do this math for me:

0.0001% is exactly how much different their was STATS wise between the two this season. Their records were nearly identical, nearly IDENTICAL.

Yet, Lundqvist out votes Quick by a retardily huge margin of 120 to 63.

It doesn't matter what fan you are, the facts are facts, I want to know how they came up with such a lopsided final vote.

Or maybe we should be understanding that Lundqvist was about to make it season 7 with nothing to show for it as far as NHL trophies except being "nominated" and they felt bad.

Whatever the case, Quick deserves that trophy, regardless of if they were afraid that the Rangers (who already looked ultra bad in the first two rounds, having to go 14 games against two low seeded teams to make it the conf finals and then getting bumped out by a bitter rival who they blanked 3-0 twice and STILL couldn't beat their 40 year old goaltender adding insult to injury). were going to go home crying, empty handed, they had to give them something for their "heartache."

Quick gets the cup, so why not give Lundqvist the Vezina, even though Lundqvist is a 3rd place goaltender in the league.......OBVIOUSLY.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:36 AM
cfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
This, a thousand times this.
Doesn't make it right.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:47 AM
cfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
You just knew that this thread would catch some Rangers fan's eye and he would have to comment. I'm not here to troll, I just want to add something to this point.

Not only is there a question of how many Eastern and Central time zone GMs watched late Kings games, but Lundqvist had better exposure this season overall.

Between the Winter Classic and multiple dominating performances this season on national TV, including weekend NBC games and particularly against the previous Cup Champs... Lundqvist got a ton of exposure when he was at his best. I know people who think he sewed up the Vezina when he stopped the penalty shot on January 2nd. Could be. Lundqvist absolutely deserved the Vezina based on his play, but anyone who denies that there weren't extraneous factors involved is naive.
Quick had the same exact stats as Lundqvist 0.001% seperated them.

Lundqvist was expected to carry the Rangers for yet another season, he didn't, the team in front of him (thanks to richards) finally played the style torts wanted now that he had his general on his team again.

Who the F was Quick before this season? Did you even watch Kings games this year? He was every bit as good as Lundqvist and in the end proved he IS the best goaltender in the league PERIOD.

This was politics, because it certainly wasn't usage of this years stats.

Quick gets the Conn Smythe and Cup, I guess giving him the Vezina would seem like too much so you could say Quick actually being as great as he is won that trophy for Lundqvist.

Quick=#1 Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup Champions 8th seed team

Brodeur =#2 Runner-up 6th Seed team

Lundqvist= #3 Didn't even qualify for the finals #1 SEED TEAM #2 IN THE LEAGUE.

I can understand the league wanted to give Lundqvist something for his trouble and something for ranger fans to feel good about. I mean, 7 years in the league and he has as much NHL hardware as Dipietro who has played what amounts to a handful of games since 2009.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:01 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfc View Post
The difference in % is 0.0001%.

Do the math, that does NOT equal what the judges came out with which is a landslide of 120 to 63.

Do you have any idea how off those votes are? It is as if Quick might as well have had Dipietro's stat numbers this season.

Either the NHL needs to go back to grade school or Lundqvist just got stroked by the league.

"Quick got the cup, so lets at least give Lundqvist the Vezina and kills two birds with one stone in two of the larger markets in the league."

1) The hell it doesn't, Richards was the best off season aquisition who was EXACTLY the player Torts needed and wanted to instill his defensive style. Because of that Lundqvist faced a HECK of a-lot less shots.

2) Give me a household name on that Kings roster BEFORE they won the cup? You do know Marcel Dionne is retired right?

3) My math is perfect, go check the stats yourself instead of pointing the finger you will see if comes out to 23.3333% repeating.

4) It's the award for the best goalie IN THE REGULAR SEASON...ONLY. The BEST GOALTENDER IN THE LEAGUE is obviously not Lundqvist, the guy in LA and the guy in jersey proved that this playoffs now didn't they?

5) So you are 1 for 5........don't worry, we will send these stats to the NHL and they will do their math and you will be 11 for 5.

NHL gave you a gift, Lundqvist sure as heck didn't earn it.
1) again, Lundqvist faced more shots per game than quick. And how on earth does Brad Richards make a team more defensive!?!??!!?

2) Let's see: there's that guy Drew Doughty. And Anze Kopitar (who according to Kings fans should win the Selke, so that would make the Kings are more defensive). How about 40 goal scorer Jeff Carter? and their own richards?

3) I'm not gonna argue about math. What I can say is, he played less games this year, and his SA/G (which is what actually counts) is right around his career average

4) lol Brodeur! And Quick's 20 games totally show more than 468 game career

5) I don't think you understand how the voting works. If all 30 GMs put Lundqvist first, and Quick 2nd, even if they think the difference is minimal, Lundqvist will have a lot more points, because a 1st place vote is worth more than a 2nd place one. I really don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Quote:
Quick had the same exact stats as Lundqvist 0.001% seperated them.

Lundqvist was expected to carry the Rangers for yet another season, he didn't, the team in front of him (thanks to richards) finally played the style torts wanted now that he had his general on his team again.

Who the F was Quick before this season? Did you even watch Kings games this year? He was every bit as good as Lundqvist and in the end proved he IS the best goaltender in the league PERIOD.

This was politics, because it certainly wasn't usage of this years stats.

Quick gets the Conn Smythe and Cup, I guess giving him the Vezina would seem like too much so you could say Quick actually being as great as he is won that trophy for Lundqvist.

Quick=#1 Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup Champions 8th seed team

Brodeur =#2 Runner-up 6th Seed team

Lundqvist= #3 Didn't even qualify for the finals #1 SEED TEAM #2 IN THE LEAGUE.

I can understand the league wanted to give Lundqvist something for his trouble and something for ranger fans to feel good about. I mean, 7 years in the league and he has as much NHL hardware as Dipietro who has played what amounts to a handful of games since 2009.
Lundy didn't carry the Rangers? lolwut
Richards had absolutely nothing to do with the Rangers playing a defensive style!!!!!!!!
Lundqvist carried a team that decided not to show up in the playoffs all the way to the ECF.
Quick should not have gotten the Conn Smythe either. He was far from the Kings' MVP
Winning in a team game makes you the better individual? I guess Niemi is a top 5 goalie in the world too?
Something for Rangers fans to feel good about? We have plenty to feel good about. We have a great young team that was close to winning the cup, without being even close to their potential. There is a New York team that needs to get something to feel good about, and even your fellow Islanders fans will agree it's not the Rangers.

I really hope you're trolling, because your posts show a complete lack of common sense, and your envy of Lundqvist has clouded your mind

Old
06-25-2012, 09:38 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Quick gets the cup, so why not give Lundqvist the Vezina, even though Lundqvist is a 3rd place goaltender in the league.......OBVIOUSLY.

regular season award that was voted on before the Kings went on their run.

this point alone makes all of your others moot.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:45 AM
Strummergas

This thread sucks.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:45 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Uh...the Kings have a better, deeper team than the Rangers. How anyone can dispute that is beyond me. Then again, how anyone can blame Lundqvist for the Rangers' loss to NJ is just as mindboggling.

Old
06-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Sneekypete

Even as Islander fans, you have to admit Lundqvist was the best regular season goalie in the NHL bar none.

Old
06-25-2012, 10:09 AM
boredmale

Honestly can we just close this thread. It really has 0 purpose on an Islanders board. Trying to undermine Lundy because a player might of been a incy wincy bit better then him(and that is up for debate) comes across petty. If somebody really wants to discuss this just go to the general boards, I am fairly certain there is a Vezina winner thread

Old
06-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Quote:
First I think the Vezina should be awarded to the best goaltender based on season ending stats, not just regular season, the entire season.

I wouldn't have made this an issue if I didn't see something that really irked me and it was this that did that:

Lundqvist had a 1.97 GAA and .930 save percentage in 62 starts, which is almost identical to the 1.95 GAA and .929 save percentage Quick had in 69 games. Still, the NHL General Managers’ voting was not even close.

Lundqvist got 120 points to Quick’s 63. Rinne was a distant third with 42 points and Phoenix’s Mike Smith finished fourth with 35.

How the heck can Lundqvist get 120 and Quick ONLY 63?!?!?!?!? To add Rinne was not too far behind Quick with 42 points, these tallies DO NOT reflect the numbers, especially Lundqvist vs Quick.

What did they say? "Quick won the cup, so we should give this to Lundqvist since he has waited 7 years???"

Quick got royally screwed here, if you factor in:

1) The Rangers add Brad Richards.
2) Rangers have 3 top tier all stars on their team.
3) Lundqvist faced nearly 23% less shots than previous seasons with the team playing sufficating defense. Because of that Lundqvist had a MUCH better team in front of him for much of the season than the Kings.
4) Lundqvist has a 4 year head start in NHL hockey experience under his belt compared to Quick.

finally

5) Lundqvist ended with an EXACT 0.001% better than Quick at regular seasons end, so how the F can Lundqvist get spotted 120 points to 63 for Quick by guys who are suppose to be the "experts," in this game.

There is no way Lundqvist deserves the award, Quick was the better goalie and he showed that right to the end of the playoffs where the award REALLY should have stopped.
guess you felt like embarrassing yourself early this morning

Old
06-25-2012, 11:00 AM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
This is an exceptionally dumb thread.

06-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post