HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouwmeester to St. Louis

Old
06-24-2012, 12:57 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
This is turning into a troll thread really quickly...

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:58 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
As a fan of a rival team in your division, I hope this rumor is true. Jaybo is vastly overrated and I can't imagine the relationship he will have with Hitch. He also doesn't fit the Blues team MO, he is kind of soft.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
It's going to be Bouwmeester for Cole and tarasenko

Anything short of that is a major overpay.
LOL what? I'm not even a Flames fan but why would Calgary settle for two unproven prospects? They're trying to make the playoffs now and the window is closing.

It has to be a roster player IMO. Maybe one of Elliot or Halak if Berglund is off-bounds.

Dr Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:03 PM
flameaholic
FOREVER a Flame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
I'd want a bit more coming back to the Blues.
Say Bouwmeester and a 3rd for D'Agostini, Cole and a 2nd.
That contract is a monster.
He also plays close to 28 minutes a night. I hate Bouwmeester just as much as the next guy, but without him our top 4 would consist of Giordano, Butler, Cole, + UFA.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
He also plays close to 28 minutes a night. I hate Bouwmeester just as much as the next guy, but without him our top 4 would consist of Giordano, Butler, Cole, + UFA.
You guys can hop right on to the Schultz sweepstakes, by offering even more playing time than Edmonton

Old
06-24-2012, 01:06 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
LOL what? I'm not even a Flames fan but why would Calgary settle for two unproven prospects? They're trying to make the playoffs now and the window is closing.

It has to be a roster player IMO. Maybe one of Elliot or Halak if Berglund is off-bounds.
You do realize that Bouwmeester is on the short list for worst contract in the NHL, right?

Jay Bouwmeester has extremely poor trade value. You aren't going to be getting anything of real value by moving him. Look at what Vishnovsky got for Anahiem; that is about the most you're going to be getting for Bouwmeester.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

Quote:
You do realize that Bouwmeester is on the short list for worst contract in the NHL, right?

Jay Bouwmeester has extremely poor trade value. You aren't going to be getting anything of real value by moving him. Look at what Vishnovsky got for Anahiem; that is about the most you're going to be getting for Bouwmeester.
I am just saying, Blues have a much better chance of acquiring him by offering roster players than prospects.

Old
06-24-2012, 01:09 PM
flameaholic
FOREVER a Flame!

Quote:
You guys can hop right on to the Schultz sweepstakes, by offering even more playing time than Edmonton
Schultz is considered a blue-chipper. Top end prospects/free agents don't usually sign with the Flames.

Last edited by flameaholic: 06-24-2012 at 03:49 PM.
flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:20 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 50
Quote:

Quote:
I am just saying, Blues have a much better chance of acquiring him by offering roster players than prospects.
Wait, your first post was serious? I seriously thought it was a joke at first. Calgary would be absolutely stupid to turn down Tarasenko and Cole for Bouwmeester. Hell, I don't think many Blues fans would trade Tarasenko for Bouwmeester+. I can't see any significant pieces going to Calgary for him and his contract.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

vCash: 645
Seriously, Doug Armstrong is way too good a GM to take on the Bouwmeester contract. Dude would actively hurt the team in more ways than one.

Chojin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
I'd want a bit more coming back to the Blues.
Say Bouwmeester and a 3rd for D'Agostini, Cole and a 2nd.
That contract is a monster.
I'd be alright with that trade.

To the posters bashing Bouw, he is CURRENTLY better than any D-man on St. Louis (you could argue Petro, but he hasn't shown enough as of right now). Bouw is a top pairing Dman, and will return as such. Yes, he does have a big contract but 6.68 isn't too far off his real value. He plays 28+ minutes per night, and effectively shuts down top line opposition.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Ignore42me*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Seriously, Doug Armstrong is way too good a GM to take on the Bouwmeester contract. Dude would actively hurt the team in more ways than one.
I think he was more implying that the Blues have some wiggle room to spend for Pietrangelo's partner. If hes going to spend 5mil+ it wont be for Jaybo. Hes definately not going to waste the cap hit. Im just wondering why the OP thinks the GM of the year would be dumb enough to trade for Bouwmeester and his rediculous salary.

Ignore42me* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post

To the posters bashing Bouw, he is CURRENTLY better than any D-man on St. Louis (you could argue Petro, but he hasn't shown enough as of right now). Bouw is a top pairing Dman, and will return as such. Yes, he does have a big contract but 6.68 isn't too far off his real value. He plays 28+ minutes per night, and effectively shuts down top line opposition.
Oh no you didn't just go there!

Old
06-24-2012, 01:41 PM
The Note
Expectations: Low

Do not want Bouwmeester

The Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Ignore42me*

Quote:

Now we know not to take you seriously.

Old
06-24-2012, 01:44 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

This really is becoming a troll thread lol.

Most Calgary fans know what Bouwmeester's price will be, and I guess the others will be in for a wakeup call.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:47 PM
LBC Vapo*

Quote:

get a load of this guy right here

LBC Vapo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:47 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignore42me View Post
I think he was more implying that the Blues have some wiggle room to spend for Pietrangelo's partner. If hes going to spend 5mil+ it wont be for Jaybo. Hes definately not going to waste the cap hit. Im just wondering why the OP thinks the GM of the year would be dumb enough to trade for Bouwmeester and his rediculous salary.
Because it was brought up by someone who follows the Blues and has more involvement than any of us.

People are forgetting that Russell is a Hitch guy, so saying that Jaybo wouldn't fit is ridiculous.

Yes he is massively overpaid, but that means his trade value is a lot lower than some of the other available dmen.

I have a feeling Jaybo could be our backup if Garrison doesn't work out.

Old
06-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:

Lol.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:54 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

So apparently some people think that Jaybo is a top 5 defender lol.

And he does not play 28+ minutes per game. Last season he averaged just under 26.

Old
06-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
To the posters bashing Bouw, he is CURRENTLY better than any D-man on St. Louis (you could argue Petro, but he hasn't shown enough as of right now).

This looks like the post of someone who knows Pietrangelo by reputation only.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Ignore42me*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
1.Because it was brought up by someone who follows the Blues and has more involvement than any of us.

2.People are forgetting that Russell is a Hitch guy, so saying that Jaybo wouldn't fit is ridiculous.

3.Yes he is massively overpaid, but that means his trade value is a lot lower than some of the other available dmen.

4. I have a feeling Jaybo could be our backup if Garrison doesn't work out.
1. Strickland
2. I didnt say Jaybo wouldnt fit, there is just better fits. In addition STL is looking for a player who can help "protect" Pietrangelo. when fans from Calgary say he is soft, i doubt there is much "protecting" going on.
3. His trade value is obviously lower but that doesnt mean we want him or that he is worth his cap hit.
4. Maybe our backup to the other backups backup

Old
06-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Because it was brought up by someone who follows the Blues and has more involvement than any of us.

People are forgetting that Russell is a Hitch guy, so saying that Jaybo wouldn't fit is ridiculous.

Yes he is massively overpaid, but that means his trade value is a lot lower than some of the other available dmen.

I have a feeling Jaybo could be our backup if Garrison doesn't work out.
Alot of people will be in for a rude awakening if JBO gets moved, he's definitely overpaid, but Calgary won't move him for the sake of dumping salary and hoping they can get a crappy player and 2nd round pick.

The hardest part about moving JBO will be him choosing where he wants to waive for. There won't be any shortage of gm's looking bring him in for a fair price. (not a 2nd, but also not multiple top prospects either.)

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:00 PM
BlueDream

Quote:

LOL. If the Flames could get Cole and Tarasenko for Bouwmeester they do that in a heartbeat and you're an idiot if you think otherwise. Unfortunately for them the Blues would have hung up the phone before they could even finish saying Vladimir.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Russell was the one dealt instead of Cole in a trade like this since he costs more and the Blues would have enough puck movers but then again I don't know if Calgary would go for that.

I just don't want to deal Cole for Bouwmeester. Think it'd be a bad move.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:01 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignore42me View Post
1. Strickland
2. I didnt say Jaybo wouldnt fit, there is just better fits. In addition STL is looking for a player who can help "protect" Pietrangelo. when fans from Calgary say he is soft, i doubt there is much "protecting" going on.
3. His trade value is obviously lower but that doesnt mean we want him or that he is worth his cap hit.
4. Maybe our backup to the other backups backup
1. I made that known in the OP. I'm just putting this out there, I'm not advocating it.

2. No one has ever reported that we are looking for protection. All that has been reported is that we are looking for a top 4 dman, preferably left handed, but right handed could work too.

3. Armstrong said that we can make a bigger cap hit work, he just has to be creative.

4. Who knows.