HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouwmeester to St. Louis

Old
06-24-2012, 02:07 PM
trublu16

vCash: 500
Now I know a lot of people will want to suggest that Armstrong was trying to suggest that Bouwmeester's contract would be able to fit under our self imposed salary cap. But all he was saying was that he could fit someone's contract in the 7 mil range under our salary cap situation. And if you can't read between the lines, I will interpret for you. That means that the Blues are going to be in on the Suter/Garrison FA talks and possibly may be able to snag one of them, just hope it is Suter.

But i regards to Bouw better than Petro, I find it funny that the player with better stats across the board. And is paid 4 million dollars, is the lesser of he two players. But I guess the Blues are just cursed with some crappy overrated dmen.

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:13 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16 View Post
Now I know a lot of people will want to suggest that Armstrong was trying to suggest that Bouwmeester's contract would be able to fit under our self imposed salary cap. But all he was saying was that he could fit someone's contract in the 7 mil range under our salary cap situation. And if you can't read between the lines, I will interpret for you. That means that the Blues are going to be in on the Suter/Garrison FA talks and possibly may be able to snag one of them, just hope it is Suter.

But i regards to Bouw better than Petro, I find it funny that the player with better stats across the board. And is paid 4 million dollars, is the lesser of he two players. But I guess the Blues are just cursed with some crappy overrated dmen.
Yeah, I think Armstrong was just saying that we can add a big contract, and Strickland brought up Bouwmeester. Realistically he could be the guy we end up with though. Suter could very likely go to Detroit, and who knows about Garrison. Yandle would cost a ton to trade for, and the list can go on.

Strickland reported we were talking with Toronto at the draft, so I'm assuming it was about Schenn. The report that they feel comfortable with Pietrangelo on the left seems to be true.

The thing with Strickland is that he believes his sources to be gold. This time he named his source, so we should take it to be true. On Tarasenko, his source was Khavanov, who had a complete Russian bias, and should not have been trusted. That's who Strickland is, he completely trusts his sources, this time his source was Armstrong.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:32 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2238
Not really interested in bow for anything of value. If we had a 3 or 4 mil cap dump to get rid of to package with a pick, then maybe. I just don't think his 6/year mil is the the right contract to bring in. Would rather just go with cole to start the season until somebody else becomes available.

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Bond

Cole and Rattie? I don't see many cap dumps on the Blues, I could be wrong though.
Also, I am interested in Rattie of course, don't know much about Cole or Caloviccao (sp.). Can a kind Blues fan enlighten me?

Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:40 PM
bananaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
I'd want a bit more coming back to the Blues.
Say Bouwmeester and a 3rd for D'Agostini, Cole and a 2nd.
That contract is a monster.
That seems like a pretty fair deal for both teams.

The Flames defense will look abysmal if Bouwmeester is traded...

Gio - Butler
Cole - Brodie
Smith - ????

bananaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:41 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2238
Blues don't have any real bad contracts right now. Dagastoni is an extendable winger but I think his contract is fine. If we had a McKee 4mil contract for one year I'd be more willing to do dags and the 4mil dump to take on 12 mil of jaybo. I just don't see a reason for the blues to gamble on him right now.

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Ignore42me*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaz View Post

Gio - Butler
Cole - Brodie
Smith - ????

The Blues wont end up with Bouwmeester anyway but that would free up cap space to sign more players for the Flames

Ignore42me* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
underslept
"well-informed"

Why do we want Bouwmeester?

Trading for Brewer would be cheaper and just as frustrating next season.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:

Gio - Butler
Cole - Brodie
Smith - ????

Well in today's league, it is better to hit rock bottom before you become a true contender again. Getting top 5 picks is almost a must today.

Old
06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
bananaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignore42me View Post
The Blues wont end up with Bouwmeester anyway but that would free up cap space to sign more players for the Flames
You are probably right, but I do feel that the proposed trade (Bouw+3rd - Cole+D'agostini+2nd) is fair for both teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Well in today's league, it is better to hit rock bottom before you become a true contender again. Getting top 5 picks is almost a must today.
Almost

bananaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:52 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Almost
Well then you guys better start drafting like Detroit.

Old
06-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Reality Check

Don't know about the Calgary fans here but on they have been salivating on the thought of ditching Bouwmeester on Calgarypuck

I know Detroit has been a wishful destination for them

Reality Check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:09 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Well then you guys better start drafting like Detroit.
Or New York.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:25 PM
DBrown09

Why would STL want to add 6.7 mil for the next two years while giving up roster players/prospects/picks? Especially for a guy that has a questionable work ethic, we don't need another Stewart on the team.. They would be better off making a 7 mil offer to Suter without giving anything of value up.

DBrown09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:31 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
I'd want a bit more coming back to the Blues.
Say Bouwmeester and a 3rd for D'Agostini, Cole and a 2nd.
That contract is a monster.
That seems fair to me. Don't really want to give up the 3rd but....I like the pieces coming back.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
To anyone who would know as I haven't seen a ton of Garrison, is J-Bo the better player?

Is he the better player to the point where it's better to give up D'Ags/Cole/whatever and 2-2.5 mil in cap space over signing Garrison?

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:55 PM
flameaholic
#neverquit

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
That seems fair to me. Don't really want to give up the 3rd but....I like the pieces coming back.
I don't think the Flames have a need for D'Agostini. If a Bouwmeester deal with St. Louis went through it will probably look something like this:

D Ian Cole, 2nd round pick (2013) D Jay Bouwmeester

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:07 PM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
I don't think the Flames have a need for D'Agostini.
Really?

25 year old Right Winger?

We need plenty of things, and good young right wingers are one of them.

He had a tough season last year.....injuries combined with the numbers game....as in St. Louis has an abundance of solid wingers.

Year before that D'Agostini 21 goals and 46 points as a 23 year old.

Make no mistake, we need more of that.

My only concern would be his concussion issues.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Peasy
apple CORes = SOFT

vCash: 960
Man i really wanted Toronto to draft Rattie with their number 30 selection last year, still mad that they didnt...

Peasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Blue Goose
"Hockey Transplant"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
To anyone who would know as I haven't seen a ton of Garrison, is J-Bo the better player?

Is he the better player to the point where it's better to give up D'Ags/Cole/whatever and 2-2.5 mil in cap space over signing Garrison?
No.

Garrison is EXACTLY what we need (more so than Suter, IMO). I would not feel comfortable giving up players and taking on the extra cost for JBo, if we could get Garrison instead. And I'm sorry, but JBo reminds me WAY too much of Brewer, and we don't need to repeat history there.

To be honest, JBo's best chance of being moved is to a team that loses out on Suter/Carle/Garrison after July 1. In fact, he'd be a great fit in Nashville if Suter signed elsewhere, as the Preds can offer a choice of a few good young d-men in return (while we only really have Cole to offer).

Blue Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:07 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
Really?

25 year old Right Winger?

We need plenty of things, and good young right wingers are one of them.

He had a tough season last year.....injuries combined with the numbers game....as in St. Louis has an abundance of solid wingers.

Year before that D'Agostini 21 goals and 46 points as a 23 year old.

Make no mistake, we need more of that.

My only concern would be his concussion issues.
We picked up Comeau. Who sounds a lot like what D'Agostini has gone through.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:17 PM
thaman8765678

Why would St Louis want Bouwmeester? Don't they want to be a cup contender again next season? They already have 2 defencemen who are definitely better than Bouw. I can see why maybe a team like Detroit or Tampa would want him (Minus the playoff curse) but not a good fit with the Blues in my opinion.

thaman8765678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:25 PM
tmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

This looks like the post of someone who knows Pietrangelo by reputation only.
Even by reputation, it's off. In Norris voting this year, 123 out of 149 voters named Pietrangelo as one of the league's top 5 defensemen this past season. 0 named Bouwmeester in their top 5.

tmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:38 PM
thaman8765678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
I'd be alright with that trade.

To the posters bashing Bouw, he is CURRENTLY better than any D-man on St. Louis (you could argue Petro, but he hasn't shown enough as of right now). Bouw is a top pairing Dman, and will return as such. Yes, he does have a big contract but 6.68 isn't too far off his real value. He plays 28+ minutes per night, and effectively shuts down top line opposition.
No..... just... no, and it's not even debatable. Want to take a look at stats last 2 seasons?

Bouwmeester: 53 points, -23, 9 goals

Pietrangelo: 94 points, +34, 23 goals

Shattenkirk: 86 points, +16, 18 goals.

So basically both have double the production of Bouwmeester which is not very impressive for a guy who sees 28+ minutes a night. And if Bouwmeester effectively "shut down top line opposition" the Flames would have made the playoffs both of the last two years so don't even try to overrate the guy. He's not "bad" but would probably be a good second pairing guy making 3-4 million per season with sheltered minutes. He gets exposed game in and game out.

thaman8765678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
I'd be alright with that trade.

To the posters bashing Bouw, he is CURRENTLY better than any D-man on St. Louis (you could argue Petro, but he hasn't shown enough as of right now). Bouw is a top pairing Dman, and will return as such. Yes, he does have a big contract but 6.68 isn't too far off his real value. He plays 28+ minutes per night, and effectively shuts down top line opposition.
Well then keep him, if he's so awesome.

Chojin is online now   Reply With Quote