HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouwmeester to St. Louis

Old
06-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Corn Baller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Which is fine, we have tons of cap space. If management moves him for nothing that is stupid, he is a useful top pairing dman, the return should be worthwhile if he's moved.

If his value is close to nothing, I'd ride the wave with Hartley coming to the fold and hope his value increases, or he becomes essential to a winning team. We have zilch (no need for the cap space) to gain and everything to lose by moving him with nothing coming back in return.
I don't have any idea what the Flames' ownership finances look like (or are even rumored to look like), but I suspect that if the Flames are entering a full-tilt rebuild, they'd want to get as much dead-weight salary off their books as possible.

Corn Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:04 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Baller View Post
I don't have any idea what the Flames' ownership finances look like (or are even rumored to look like), but I suspect that if the Flames are entering a full-tilt rebuild, they'd want to get as much dead-weight salary off their books as possible.
They are not rebuilding. Ownership will not move out the core, and has repeated their desire to compete now. It may not be the right move, but that is reality.

If you want to win now, moving Bouwmeester is insane (unless a decent offer is presented), because we would instantly have the worst blue line in the NHL.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:32 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Which is fine, we have tons of cap space. If management moves him for nothing that is stupid, he is a useful top pairing dman, the return should be worthwhile if he's moved.

If his value is close to nothing, I'd ride the wave with Hartley coming to the fold and hope his value increases, or he becomes essential to a winning team. We have zilch (no need for the cap space) to gain and everything to lose by moving him with nothing coming back in return.
One thing you need to realize to all who burns and flickers out as Calgary fans is your core is old, have not made the playoffs in 3 years, and it's time to move on past poor drafts, free agent signings, and rebuild, reducing payroll. Bou's albatross contract will not fetch much in a return. Dags, a second and a third next year.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:38 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
One thing you need to realize to all who burns and flickers out as Calgary fans is your core is old, have not made the playoffs in 3 years, and it's time to move on past poor drafts, free agent signings, and rebuild, reducing payroll. Bou's albatross contract will not fetch much in a return. Dags, a second and a third next year.
Agreed. I'd do D'Agostini, 2nd in '13, 3rd in '13.

For those saying that if the Flames want to "win now", they can't trade Bouwmeester...well, they aren't winning with Bouwmeester - so why not try a different approach? Trade Bouwmeester for a package like is listed above, it helps your future - then dip into free agency and offer some older players (like Kuba) shorter term and bigger dollars than the rest.

Different does not = bad. This team desperately needs a new approach, and perhaps having more d-men battle it out for significant minutes on the blue-line would be a good thing for the team - more urgency, more desire.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Agreed. I'd do D'Agostini, 2nd in '13, 3rd in '13.

For those saying that if the Flames want to "win now", they can't trade Bouwmeester...well, they aren't winning with Bouwmeester - so why not try a different approach? Trade Bouwmeester for a package like is listed above, it helps your future - then dip into free agency and offer some older players (like Kuba) shorter term and bigger dollars than the rest.

Different does not = bad. This team desperately needs a new approach, and perhaps having more d-men battle it out for significant minutes on the blue-line would be a good thing for the team - more urgency, more desire.
I wouldn't do that deal, but I would probably do an earlier proposed deal of Cole, D'Agnostini, and a 2013 2nd-round pick. The Flames definitely need to get a defenceman back if they deal Bouwmeester, who would be a great partner for Pietrangelo.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:43 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
One thing you need to realize is that I never said I agreed with the direction of this team.

And no, your offer is crap. Jaybo is still quite young and is not anywhere close to regressing. He's a mid-prime player with only two years left on his contract. Yeah that screams albatross.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:44 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
I wouldn't do that deal, but I would probably do an earlier proposed deal of Cole, D'Agnostini, and a 2013 2nd-round pick. The Flames definitely need to get a defenceman back if they deal Bouwmeester, who would be a great partner for Pietrangelo.
I would do this deal. We need a near NHL ready dman coming back.

I'd want Cole+Stewart though. No pick.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:49 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Cole and Stewart won't be moved for Jaybo, and I seriously doubt Rattie would be traded either. This is all from Armstrong, so don't take it being from a fan who is just saying it.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:03 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
One thing you need to realize is that I never said I agreed with the direction of this team.

And no, your offer is crap. Jaybo is still quite young and is not anywhere close to regressing. He's a mid-prime player with only two years left on his contract. Yeah that screams albatross.
I'll modify adding budding Def from our AHL affiliate, Fairchild. Cole and Stewart are not going anywhere Gnome.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:24 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
I'll modify adding budding Def from our AHL affiliate, Fairchild. Cole and Stewart are not going anywhere Gnome.
And we don't NEED to move Bouwmeester. why would any competent GM give him away?! We have plenty of cap space.

That is the only offer i would accept for Bouwmeester, that is within reason.

Unless Feaster can dominate the FA field on dmen this year, Bouwmeester will fill a huge hole for us.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:44 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
And we don't NEED to move Bouwmeester. why would any competent GM give him away?! We have plenty of cap space.

That is the only offer i would accept for Bouwmeester, that is within reason.

Unless Feaster can dominate the FA field on dmen this year, Bouwmeester will fill a huge hole for us.
If Feaster was smart he would trade Bouw and rebuild the team since you are not a playoff team and have a very mediocre roster.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:49 PM
mrdonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
If Feaster was smart he would trade Bouw and rebuild the team since you are not a playoff team and have a very mediocre roster.
So basically, Feaster is dumb for not trading everyone on the roster for scraps.

Losing on purpose: HF's idea of success.

mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:27 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
That's why I'm open to trading him, but not for crap. If Feaster is smart, he would understand this basic concept. If he rebounds at all next year his value goes way up at the deadline, and if we're out of it, trade him then. Right now, his value most likely won't get much worse. It is best to sit on those assets unless they are of negative value, which Bouwmeester is not. He has simply under performed, not
completely fallen off the face of the earth.

You don't trade one of your two best dmen for nothing.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 375
Quote:
What would a Blues fan know about being mediocre?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:02 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
What would a Blues fan know about being mediocre?
and we were only there for a few years, meaning we know how to get out

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
I would do this deal. We need a near NHL ready dman coming back.

I'd want Cole+Stewart though. No pick.
You must have misunderstood. We want Jay Bouwmeester, not Jarome Iginla from 2 years ago.

JayBo ain't gonna get you Stewart and Cole.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:35 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
and we were only there for a few years, meaning we know how to get out
Touché.

At the end of the day, I don't see the Flames trading Bouwmeester without upsetting someone's fan base.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote