HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade for Luongo, Yea or Nay?

View Poll Results: Trade for Luongo, Yea or Nay?
Yea 42 36.21%
Nay 74 63.79%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2012, 11:34 AM
  #276
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Us signing Semin is a longshot. Or any of the other top end forward UFA's. We have a much better chance of acquiring Luongo.



Florida wants Luongo at the right price. Vancouver isn't going to get a solid return. Not from Florida. They'll get something they can live with.
Why is signing a top UFA a longshot? People said it was a longshot of us making the post season or even winning the SE title last season,but we did it.. IMHO if Viner gave Tallon the green light to go after Luongo, why would he not give him a green light to bring in a top scorer? Doesn't make sense. Our team easily becomes great with additions of Semin and Luongo. We aren't dealing with Cohen and co.

Pantherfan12 is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 11:47 AM
  #277
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Why is signing a top UFA a longshot? People said it was a longshot of us making the post season or even winning the SE title last season,but we did it.. IMHO if Viner gave Tallon the green light to go after Luongo, why would he not give him a green light to bring in a top scorer? Doesn't make sense. Our team easily becomes great with additions of Semin and Luongo. We aren't dealing with Cohen and co.
I agree completely. If he'll take on Roberto's ridiculous contract then you have to believe ownership is committed to spending money. We're not even close to a cap team so it's not like we're being greedy. A big UFA signing could go a long way towards the development of guys like Hubs and Bjugstad. Years past our prospects were the only guys which no doubt hurt their development.

RainingRats is online now  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:00 PM
  #278
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,994
vCash: 500
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards

Word on street is #FlaPanthers are internally getting ready for the return of Roberto Luongo

ugh...

RainingRats is online now  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:08 PM
  #279
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards

Word on street is #FlaPanthers are internally getting ready for the return of Roberto Luongo
Freaking A...

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:10 PM
  #280
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,994
vCash: 500
Nothing against Luongo who I think will play really well but we need offense a lot more than we need goaltending. I feel like with our budget constraints any big impact forward is out of the question if he comes.

RainingRats is online now  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:11 PM
  #281
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,411
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Noooooo....


Sigh

I May Be Wrong is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:14 PM
  #282
Dineen Youngblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Nothing against Luongo who I think will play really well but we need offense a lot more than we need goaltending. I feel like with our budget constraints any big impact forward is out of the question if he comes.
If we keep winning our budget will expand in the next few years hopefully.

Dineen Youngblood is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:23 PM
  #283
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 500
So I guess more than likely we'll be relying on our same cast for goal scoring.

meh.

I doubt we'll be able to afford PA, let alone Semin or Parise if the trade goes down.

ShootIt is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:33 PM
  #284
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,048
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I'm ok with Luongo coming but DT stressed that offense was our biggest need of improvement. If we sacrifice signing a great offensive player for the sake of slightly improving our goaltending, I will not be happy.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:34 PM
  #285
Pantherkidd101
Don't Read This
 
Pantherkidd101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Miramar, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pantherkidd101
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards

Word on street is #FlaPanthers are internally getting ready for the return of Roberto Luongo
Yuss. Awesome. Good. Times.

Pantherkidd101 is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:24 PM
  #286
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?
 
Panthers are Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By my computer
Country: England
Posts: 514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Noooooo....


Sigh
This is how I feel.

Obviously the terms of the trade could make me feel better but I just don't see that happening.

Panthers are Red is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:25 PM
  #287
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards

Word on street is #FlaPanthers are internally getting ready for the return of Roberto Luongo

ugh...
Son of a *****..



I'm okay with Lou, not with the contract..

AwesomePanthers is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:31 PM
  #288
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Son of a *****..



I'm okay with Lou, not with the contract..
If you disliked that tweet, I suggest not going on the Vancouver board. I don't know who Douglas MacDonald is, but it seems like it's pretty much official, at this point...

Erick is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:34 PM
  #289
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
If you disliked that tweet, I suggest not going on the Vancouver board. I don't know who Douglas MacDonald is, but it seems like it's pretty much official, at this point...
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
"We're going to take our time. Whatever timeframe that is, most likely it won't be dictated by me." - Gillis

We can move on now.

fwiw

ShootIt is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:36 PM
  #290
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 500
I hope Tallon decides to pursue Broduer instead.

ShootIt is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:37 PM
  #291
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,411
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
This is all a hunk of BS. You've got a bunch of different people saying a bunch of different things. GR says Org is preparing for Luongo back to FLA. You've got Dreger saying Brodeur could go to FLA or TAM. You've got Gillis denying that Luongo is moving anytime soon.

This is getting so stupid.

I May Be Wrong is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:40 PM
  #292
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
fwiw
Gillis can't say anything until it's 100 percent official so his press conference doesn't mean much to me. He's just playing poker, trying to gain leverage. There's no way he feels good about having Luongo and his salary as his backup. How credible is the Team 1040 tweet?

Erick is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:42 PM
  #293
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,411
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Gillis can't say anything until it's 100 percent official so his press conference doesn't mean much to me. He's just playing poker, trying to gain leverage. There's no way he feels good about having Luongo and his salary as his backup. How credible is the Team 1040 tweet?
Radio stations rarely have any credibility, and I didn't even read it. Can't name the numerous statements radio stations have made that were all completely bogus.

I don't think that pretty much any source right now knows much of anything. Only two people that know are Gillis and Tallon.

I May Be Wrong is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:43 PM
  #294
Holy Jokinen
Registered User
 
Holy Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa/Boca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Gillis can't say anything until it's 100 percent official so his press conference doesn't mean much to me. He's just playing poker, trying to gain leverage. There's no way he feels good about having Luongo and his salary as his backup. How credible is the Team 1040 tweet?
what was the tweet? link?

Holy Jokinen is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:50 PM
  #295
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
what was the tweet? link?
Quote:
TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040

Mike Gillis says still nothing imminent regarding a possible Luongo trade.
I don't believe anyone anymore. I think a trade can happen no matter what anyone says, at any time a trade can go down. Gillis is just pulling the media by the strings, he isn't going to tell us anything. If it was me I would put Gillis as my last source to trust.

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:53 PM
  #296
SoupyFIN
Moderator
Lu ♥
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 20,815
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
This is all a hunk of BS. You've got a bunch of different people saying a bunch of different things. GR says Org is preparing for Luongo back to FLA. You've got Dreger saying Brodeur could go to FLA or TAM. You've got Gillis denying that Luongo is moving anytime soon.

This is getting so stupid.
I still trust GR more than Dreger. Dreger isn't a beat writer so he doesn't have to answer his rumours even if they end up being a monumental failure.

As far as Dreger's Brodeur rumour goes, even a blind squirrel could see fatso as a possibility for any team that needs a 1B/backup goalie. He's just saying what's already the obvious about the situation.

SoupyFIN is online now  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:53 PM
  #297
harv3317
Registered User
 
harv3317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
ABSOLUTELY NO ON LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!!
let's get some SCORING!!!!!!!!

harv3317 is online now  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:54 PM
  #298
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
I still trust GR more than Dreger. Dreger isn't a beat writer so he doesn't have to answer his rumours even if they end up being a monumental failure.

As far as Dreger's Brodeur rumour goes, even a blind squirrel could see fatso as a possibility for any team that needs a 1B/backup goalie. He's just saying what's already the obvious about the situation.
Actually, LeBrun said the Panthers could be a target and the guy from RDS said the same, as well as McKenzie (I think).

But I agree with you. The Brodeur rumor shouldn't be trusted at all.

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:57 PM
  #299
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
I don't believe anyone anymore. I think a trade can happen no matter what anyone says, at any time a trade can go down. Gillis is just pulling the media by the strings, he isn't going to tell us anything. If it was me I would put Gillis as my last source to trust.
Not that one. That was after the press conference. I'm on my phone so it's difficult to link things, but the tweet I'm talking about is on that thread about a page before that. It said that the Panthers marketing team was already telling the media to start advertising tickets with Luongo on them. Or something along those lines. There is definitely something going on because GR's tweet from before also makes it seem like they're already fully prepared for a trade. GR might be wrong sometimes but he doesn't really post a bunch of BS rumors; he's a rather legit source, imo.

Erick is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 04:07 PM
  #300
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
You've got Gillis denying that Luongo is moving anytime soon.
I don't believe he actually said that.

He said something that people have inferred *means* that - which is an entirely different thing.

Time will tell.

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.