HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Metro Seattle: NHL, NBA and Arena - Part V

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 02:31 AM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

vCash: 500
“@TheHungryFan: So I hear that the Seattle Kings is officially a done deal! The Maloofs finally sold the ailing Sacramento team. #NBA”

That twitter account belongs to daina falk..daughter of David falk, who at one point in the 90's was considered the 2nd most powerful man in the nba

>>>>>

Old
01-09-2013, 05:08 AM
derriko

Please please please be a more legitamite source that reports this by the time I wake up in the morning!

If its true, 66% of the way has been paven for the NHL in Seattle. The Arena and the other tenant. Last stop, expansion! Woo

Old
01-09-2013, 09:40 AM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Major news outlets are picking up on the rumors this morning and trying to confirm.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:44 AM
gmjevtwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Rumblings that the kings have been sold to Chris Hansen
For what it's worth, I'll wait until officials from the city of Seattle, the Sonics Arena, the NBA and the Sacramento Kings (among other officials) announce news conferences on the sale of the Kings to a Seattle group, whenever that will be.

Any rumors, legitimate or otherwise, should add the following disclaimer "Believe it or not."

Last edited by gmjevtwa: 01-10-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old
01-09-2013, 11:29 AM
powerstuck
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Please please please be a more legitamite source that reports this by the time I wake up in the morning!

If its true, 66% of the way has been paven for the NHL in Seattle. The Arena and the other tenant. Last stop, expansion! Woo
You know you guys are gonna get the Coyotes right ? Jamison shady deals is to give you time to build the arena and they they'll move the Coyotes to Seattle. It's easier for the league to do that and they can cash a lot more with expansion teams in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjevtwa View Post
For what it's worth, I'll wait until officials from the city of Seattle, the Sonics Arena, the NBA and the Sacramento Kings (among other officials) announce news conferences on the sale of the Kings to a Seattle group, whenever that will be.

Any rumours, legitimate or otherwise, should add the following disclaimer "Believe it or not."
My belief is that if the NBA team will be moving to Seattle next season, they will announce it by the end of the current season, if the team stays in Sacramento until the new arena in Seattle is built, they won't confirm any sale before a few years.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:28 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
You know you guys are gonna get the Coyotes right ? Jamison shady deals is to give you time to build the arena and they they'll move the Coyotes to Seattle. It's easier for the league to do that and they can cash a lot more with expansion teams in Canada.

My belief is that if the NBA team will be moving to Seattle next season, they will announce it by the end of the current season, if the team stays in Sacramento until the new arena in Seattle is built, they won't confirm any sale before a few years.
NBA already said they will allow the use of the Key arena as a temporary facility.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:38 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr

Regarding Kings rumors: Just got a text from Chris Hansen: "I can't comment on those things. Patience my friend."

Old
01-09-2013, 12:55 PM
gstommylee

Quote:

Regarding Kings rumors: Just got a text from Chris Hansen: "I can't comment on those things. Patience my friend."
Yea they aren't going to comment until they are ready too.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Mightygoose
I Am Groot

Quote:

Not a complete denail.

If it sounds like a duck.............

Old
01-09-2013, 01:23 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
Not a complete denail.

If it sounds like a duck.............
possibly (just pure speculation) is that they are waiting till after the seahawks are done before announcing it.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Carlzner

Personally not a huge fan of Seattle Kings... I don't think Basketball will work in Seattle quite like Soccer has and Hockey will... and I'm not sure if it will take away the economic possibilities of Hockey in Seattle

Old
01-09-2013, 01:38 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Personally not a huge fan of Seattle Kings... I don't think Basketball will work in Seattle quite like Soccer has and Hockey will... and I'm not sure if it will take away the economic possibilities of Hockey in Seattle
First of all it won't be Seattle Kings it'll be Seattle SuperSonics. Second you have no idea how huge basketball is here in the Seattle metro area. We do have a pretty large Sonics Fanbase during the 41 year history of sonics baseketball. We are just waiting to get a team back.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:42 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
... I don't think Basketball will work in Seattle quite like Soccer has and Hockey will...

Old
01-09-2013, 01:43 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Its Happening!!:

@WojYahooNBA The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group

Old
01-09-2013, 01:49 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:50 PM
gstommylee

Chris Daniels‏@ChrisDaniels5
I am just going to say this – The Maloofs and Hansen’s Group have been talking for a while. Things have heated up in last 24 hours.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Carlzner

Sorry... I was under the impression that the Sonics had terrible attendance records up to their sale. Guess I was wrong... Great for Seattle then.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:09 PM
gstommylee

I'm hearing that Maloofs will still a small part of the team but no vote no say just will make some money.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Blue Regime

Sacramento denies the team is sold, but that's just lawyer speak. Yeah, the deal isn't done yet, but their just finalizing the details and won't "officially" announce until they are 100% ready.

The question now becomes - does Jamison try to bring the Coyotes to Seattle? Or do we see an expansion? Personally, I am hoping for an expansion to 32 teams with Seattle and Quebec, then if Phoenix or any other team ends up failing, we have Hamilton or Markham as a backup.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:34 PM
gstommylee

They aren't denying Adrian Wojnarowski report that a deal is being finalized.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Pyro Kinesis
Cleveland for LIFE!

Good news, very good news.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:41 PM
gstommylee

Wojnarowski is the MOST respected NBA reporter in the business. He wouldn't be tweeting if it wasn't true.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:52 PM
gstommylee

KIRO 7 ‏@KIRO7Seattle
RT @essexkiro7: Source: Public confirmation of deal to bring #NBASonics to Seattle could come from Sacramento late today. #SeattleArena

Old
01-09-2013, 02:53 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

I think this rumor has some legs based on an article from October that uncovered Commish Stern's desire to right a wrong done to Seattle during his watch, before Stern retires in Feb 2014:

Between now and his departure, Stern is determined to get a franchise back into Seattle, league sources said. He has become a strong ally of Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's group to bring back the NBA there. Ballmer's group has been trying to get the Maloof family to sell the Sacramento Kings, so that the franchise can eventually play in a new arena in Seattle.

From the league office, pressure on the Maloofs to sell has been growing, sources said – just as hopes for a new Sacramento arena have been fading. Seattle Sonics fans will never forgive Stern for his complicit role in Clay Bennett's deception to move that franchise to Oklahoma City, but make no mistake: Stern desperately wants to return the NBA to one of its great markets and wants it for his own measure of vindication before he leaves office.

As one source involved in the process said, "Stern has enough time to get a team back to Seattle, but he'll let Silver deal with the crowd [booing] on opening night."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--da...-25321709.html

01-09-2013, 02:56 PM
azaloum90

Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika

Kings are reportedly leaving Sacramento. You know, basketball just doesn't work in California.

Closed Thread