HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs 2nd trade (As per HennyTweets)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2012, 04:15 PM
  #126
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor
 
rojac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Waterloo, ON
Posts: 6,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
brian burke's son seems to think its luongo
Well, I'd say that Burke's son believes that a lot of people think it is Luongo and as a result, he is writing about the tweet as though it came from Luongo.

rojac is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:17 PM
  #127
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY
 
BillyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
Well, I'd say that Burke's son believes that a lot of people think it is Luongo and as a result, he is writing about the tweet as though it came from Luongo.
hmm.......... and you dont think burke's son is privy to anymore insider info than you are?


BillyD is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:21 PM
  #128
UCLeafs*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
You're not making sense.

I don't believe it's Luongo because there is no evidence it is Luongo.

That lack of evidence to show it's not Luongo does not mean it is Luongo. In the same sense that just because I can't prove there aren't leprechans, doesn't mean there are leprichans.
You sir, are taking the internet too seriously.

UCLeafs* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:21 PM
  #129
Joey Hoser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
hmm.......... and you dont think burke's son is privy to anymore insider info than you are?

The interviewer implied it was Luongo, not PB.

I hate to drag this conversation out because I don't really care, but your completely failing to show that it is actually Luongo and not some impersonator/troll/guy screwing around.

Joey Hoser is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:23 PM
  #130
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY
 
BillyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
The interviewer implied it was Luongo, not PB.

I hate to drag this conversation out because I don't really care, but your completely failing to show that it is actually Luongo and not some impersonator/troll/guy screwing around.
actually, if you reread youll see pburke tweeted strombone

BillyD is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:23 PM
  #131
mcleex
Registered User
 
mcleex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,092
vCash: 200
Wtf is this thread even about, wow Twitter is so ****ing annoying

mcleex is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:28 PM
  #132
Schennanigans
Registered User
 
Schennanigans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Etobicoke, on
Posts: 6,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleex View Post
Wtf is this thread even about, wow Twitter is so ****ing annoying
Looks like pointless spam mostly.

Schennanigans is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:28 PM
  #133
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor
 
rojac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Waterloo, ON
Posts: 6,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
hmm.......... and you dont think burke's son is privy to anymore insider info than you are?

I'm saying that because that many people believe Strombone to be Luongo and thus would react to the gay comment as though it had been made by Luongo, Patrick and his organization have to treat it as though it had been made by Luongo. Even that or he has to expose Strombone as not being Luongo.

So, in my mind, there are two possibilities:

1) Patrick knows for sure that Strombone is Luongo.
2) Patrick does not know for sure if Strombone is Luongo.

I believe the case where Patrick knows for sure that Strombone is not Luongo is eliminated because he would defend Luongo by revealing that Strombone is not Luongo.

rojac is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:29 PM
  #134
Dr Turk
Registered User
 
Dr Turk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,451
vCash: 500
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/fla120624.html

Quote:
The Florida Panthers are serious about bringing back Roberto Luongo to South Florida, one league source told TFP on Sunday.Speaking on the basis of anonymity, the source indicated that Luongo is now only willing to waive his no-movement clause to Florida, where he spends his off-seasons.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are also among the teams extremely interested in acquiring Luongo, who has 10-years left on his contract, but unless the veteran netminder changes his mind in the near future, that doesn't appear to be a possibility.
Not sure how reliable he is but take it for what it's worth.

Dr Turk is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:30 PM
  #135
binop7
Registered User
 
binop7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
I'm saying that because that many people believe Strombone to be Luongo and thus would react to the gay comment as though it had been made by Luongo, Patrick and his organization have to treat it as though it had been made by Luongo. Even that or he has to expose Strombone as not being Luongo.

So, in my mind, there are two possibilities:

1) Patrick knows for sure that Strombone is Luongo.
2) Patrick does not know for sure if Strombone is Luongo.

I believe the case where Patrick knows for sure that Strombone is not Luongo is eliminated because he would defend Luongo by revealing that Strombone is not Luongo.
Therefore we're left with strombone being luongo

binop7 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:32 PM
  #136
MaximumGraveHartigan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
We don't need Luongo. He needs to be traded to an american team and then maybe he'll get his cup then.

MaximumGraveHartigan* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:33 PM
  #137
binop7
Registered User
 
binop7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,081
vCash: 500
Back on topic, I hope it's patrik berglund. He could be our Sundin

binop7 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:33 PM
  #138
agropop
Registered User
 
agropop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Turk View Post
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/fla120624.html



Not sure how reliable he is but take it for what it's worth.
that's a real bummer if true.

agropop is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:34 PM
  #139
HarrisonFord
Resident Leaf Homer
 
HarrisonFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,987
vCash: 500
Bahh, stupid Henny. He puts out all this stuff and then disappears from twitter for 8 hours

HarrisonFord is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:35 PM
  #140
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY
 
BillyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
I'm saying that because that many people believe Strombone to be Luongo and thus would react to the gay comment as though it had been made by Luongo, Patrick and his organization have to treat it as though it had been made by Luongo. Even that or he has to expose Strombone as not being Luongo.

So, in my mind, there are two possibilities:

1) Patrick knows for sure that Strombone is Luongo.
2) Patrick does not know for sure if Strombone is Luongo.

I believe the case where Patrick knows for sure that Strombone is not Luongo is eliminated because he would defend Luongo by revealing that Strombone is not Luongo.
and how do you think the interviewer and (seemingly) pburke knew strombone had apologized personally to friends?

BillyD is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:35 PM
  #141
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor
 
rojac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Waterloo, ON
Posts: 6,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
Therefore we're left with strombone being luongo
Huh? I said there were two possibilities left after eliminating a third possibility.

Three possibilities about what Patrick Burke knows:

1) Strombone is definitely Luongo.
2) Strombone may be Luongo
3) Strombone is definitely not Luongo.

I believe that the fact that Patrick did not simply say Strombone is not Luongo eliminates case 3.

However, it occurs to me now that maybe we can't rule that out because it might be the case that Burke knows that Strombone is definitely not Luongo but is willing to go along with the joke.

rojac is online now  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:36 PM
  #142
binop7
Registered User
 
binop7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
Huh? I said there were two possibilities left after eliminating a third possibility.

Three possibilities about what Patrick Burke knows:

1) Strombone is definitely Luongo.
2) Strombone may be Luongo
3) Strombone is definitely not Luongo.

I believe that the fact that Patrick did not simply say Strombone is not Luongo eliminates case 3.

However, it occurs to me now that maybe we can't rule that out because it might be the case that Burke knows that Strombone is definitely not Luongo but is willing to go along with the joke.
This feels like an Abbott and Costello routine

binop7 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:36 PM
  #143
BarneyStinson
Registered User
 
BarneyStinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Markham
Country: Canada
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Stromebone has to be luongo, theres just so much evidence.

BarneyStinson is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:38 PM
  #144
G51 K81*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,556
vCash: 500
Wow lame move by Henny.

Lost some respect for him...

unless some crazy trade happens after i post this lol

G51 K81* is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:38 PM
  #145
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY
 
BillyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
This feels like an Abbott and Costello routine
ha ha hope im abbott

BillyD is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:41 PM
  #146
Roboholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 500
I really don't want Luongo, I hope it's not him. If he can't get it done with Vancouver, he's not getting it done here.

And I feel like that second trade Henny was talking about didn't happen or fell through.

Roboholic is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:41 PM
  #147
Kessely Snipes
Great White North
 
Kessely Snipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,475
vCash: 500
Can anyone fill me in what Henny Tweeted? Trade in the works according to him?

Kessely Snipes is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:41 PM
  #148
NeverGoingToWin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
This has turned into a pathetic thread. WGAF if it is Luongo or not. IT DOES NOT MATTER.

NeverGoingToWin is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:42 PM
  #149
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
Wow lame move by Henny.

Lost some respect for him...

unless some crazy trade happens after i post this lol
What if there was a trade, and talks have broken down, or the'y're still ironing out the details?

Shouldn't lose respect for someone when you're guilty of being impatient.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 04:44 PM
  #150
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor
 
rojac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Waterloo, ON
Posts: 6,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyStinson View Post
Stromebone has to be luongo, theres just so much evidence.
I will admit that if Luongo is not Strombone, he is probably in on it and providing information.

I'm just saying that definitive evidence has not been shown.

rojac is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.